A-110 Lever action shotgun.

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: A-110 Lever action shotgun.

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 22 May 2015, 10:29 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Anyhow I'll be waiting to hear some feedback from folks that get em, I'm blody hard on my gear, I don't like stuff that cant take a flogging and if its hard to break down for a good clean after I soak it in the rain or dust it out, or the leavers going to snap off because I dont know my own strength after a few rum cans I won't bother.

Yeah I am the same on my gear, it has to stand up to my abuse if not it is out like the ex missus! :lol:
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 22 May 2015, 10:31 pm

KWhorenet wrote:
Gippsland-Prepper wrote:

Go to the Middle East like I did and then come and talk to me about having balls! .

When and where did you go?

07, the rest I don't talk about.
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 22 May 2015, 11:27 pm

How is your job going at Nioa?

For someone who's been on the forum such a short time you're sounding a bit on the agro side though correct me if I'm wrong....this isn't the place for some of your remarks. Keep it civil and mature as it's just a discussion amongst like minded individuals passionate about shooting and shouldn't be personal attack on anyone.

I don't work for NIOA (I'm self employed) but I have done business with them and continue to do business with them cause of the big importers in Australia they are by far one of the best to deal with. Of course they are in business to make a profit and it's in our best interests that they continue to be profitable cause if they fail we end up paying more due to less competition in the market place or we lose certain brands all together. You ever tried importing firearms or components into Australia? I have and it's a lot of work & BS for an individual and a massive amount for a distributer, possibly as On_One_Wheel posted they may only have been allocated a set amount of a production run and couldn't order more, I'm sure they'd love to sell thousands. There could be any number of reasons why the numbers are limited in the first shipment so be thankful that we're getting any and we shouldn't be bagging them. The Australian market to arms manufacturers is insignificant and barely a bump on their sales books so it's good we have the variety of products that we have here due to the efforts of NIOA, Winchester, Beretta, Grycol and the lesser known Interdiction Logistics and Delta tactical plus many others.

Do we know if this particular shotgun is going to be legal in all states cause I'm sure some F...wit politician will try banning them once they see Adlers rapid fire demo on the website. The possible 750,000 potential customers may get culled somewhat by legislation and not all of them are interested in buying a lever action shotgun no matter how much better they look then the fugley Chiappa offering. Just over 2000 expressions of interest from approximately 750,000 license holders is not a great number by any means. (Number extrapolated from Aus Crime Com data 2012). Surprisingly the percentage of firearms owners per 100 population has decreased over the past several years, more a factor of immigration / population growth rather then departures from the interest.

The risk of failure encompasses the full spectrum of possibilities, from warranty claims, recalls, injuries. Although their testing was thorough before deciding to import the shotgun they may have only tested half a dozen or so from one batch or were given "Sample Specials" and the actual mass produced product may be of lesser quality. Adler may get swamped with demand and suffer quality issues as a result of trying to meet that demand. The ABS doesn't track death by faulty firearm as they consider it an accident and it's grouped in with other unintentional shootings. I personally know 2 people injured by a faulty rifle 1 due to manufacturing fault with the breach and another by a double charged factory round so it does happen and both were awarded settlement amounts by the courts. I've only been shooting for 40 years so 2 incidents isn't that many but I haven't been looking for other instances, I'm sure there's plenty of others out there that don't make the press and no one is capturing the correct statistic or it's being filed as a general accident. Winchester recently refunded $10,480 for a rifle with a faulty barrel that posed a possible risk to the user and these incidents all incurred expenses by the importer. I know of the Winchester refund personally cause it was me and on top of the refund they compensated me for my losses with a free Steyr Pro hunter stainless with set trigger in 300 Winchester Magnum. Had planned to sight it in and start load development tonight but business came up so it'll have to wait.

Anyway, let's get back onto more productive discussions and respect each others viewpoints :)

Lets all agree it's a good thing and will be better when all those who want one have one and that it looks better then the fugley Chiappa 1887 thing (my personal opinion, I'm sure to some it's a thing of beauty). I fully intended buy the Chiappa in stainless a few months back, went to HPGS and after getting a hands on look I decided against it and bought a Akkar Churchill Combo U/O with 20" & 30" barrels and don't regret that decision in the least. Strangely enough Chiappa make some nice looking shotguns like the Triple Crown so I don't know how the 1887 got so fugley, may have been whelped by a project manager :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by North East » 22 May 2015, 11:30 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by North East » 22 May 2015, 11:44 pm

It's just a lever action shotgun....no more, no less.

I couldn't be bothered with it.

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 23 May 2015, 12:03 am

Gippsland-Prepper,

Obviously you've taken some exception to my viewpoint and got personal first by implying I am a NIOA employee or spruiker. I'm certainly not either, I just don't think it's fair to bag an importer for not buying enough product to satisfy a possible demand when many of the facts around the issue are not known.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by North East » 23 May 2015, 12:47 am

Chill out a bit fellas. No need to get the knickers tied in a knot.

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 23 May 2015, 12:59 pm

Gippsland-Prepper wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/id/102236497

Yeah knew about that one when it happened, but that’s in America, not here, and as far as I remembered regrading the 700 rem doggie trigger has not caused any fatalities in Australia or serious injuries. 2 dozen death divided into how many shooters in America? Still not huge numbers in my eyes, and certainly none in Australia. Next case.

the risk would be the same, just because there were no deaths/injurys here is irrelevant , two dozen deaths divided into 700 rem owners not all gum owners in USA would make the number larger and if you knew/were one of them perhaps the number would be big enough in your eye's. :unknown: :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 May 2015, 8:07 pm

Good on ya Brett ... the dude was coming across all heavy , its a shame mr prepper doesn't want to talk about the middle east, theres plenty of folks here who served there, perhaps he's a freedom fighter... you never know these days.

I recon if your going to use the middle east as a measure of how big your balls are you better have a story to back it up or we might think your bullsh!tting about it.

And don't say that you don't want to talk about it when you were so quick to brag about it.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Yelp » 25 May 2015, 10:59 am

The old "I'm a big deal but I can't talk about it" trick.

It's "classified" right :lol:
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 29 May 2015, 5:53 am

This shot gun was on out doors show i watch on u tube now if i could just get one so i could look at it in my hands.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 29 May 2015, 6:10 am

Yelp wrote:The old "I'm a big deal but I can't talk about it" trick.

It's "classified" right :lol:

Oh, it's way beyond classified. DSP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0cF2piwjYQ

:D

Some people want you to speculate they are a big deal when they were a cook in Vicenza, Italy or are full of BS :D Some people don't want to talk about themselves, some people REALLY don't want to.

I don't like bringing it up for no reason unless something relevant comes up. I was not a cook but I have nothing to brag about, that should do :D

Don't worry, when I get old I won't ambush you at the barber and make you look at pictures of my grandchildren, either :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Turkle » 01 Jun 2015, 2:04 pm

Reminds me of Ewan McGregor in Black Hawk Down.

He's "A ranger with the 75th regiment" .......... who just types out all the forms :lol:
Tikka T3 Super Varmint - .22-250 Rem
Marlin XS7 - 7mm-08
Winchester 1902 - .22
Burris Eliminator / Weaver Super Slam
Turkle
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Baldrick314 » 01 Jun 2015, 9:14 pm

bentaz wrote:Prepper hasn't been back, must be in his bunker :lol:

Called back to take on ISIS singlehanded perhaps?
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Blackened » 02 Jun 2015, 12:10 pm

bentaz wrote:Prepper hasn't been back, must be in his bunker :lol:

He's no longer with us.

"...members may not post abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable content - this includes any grievances with authorities or firearms dealers, as such matters are best kept between the parties involved."

This is written on just about every page of the forum but some people can't help themselves.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 24 Jun 2015, 8:44 am

Here we go.....

Just heard on 3aw " shooters lining up to buy new lever action shotgun...... testing the 19yr ban on rapid fire shotguns"....

Let the bulls**t begin; the tards will release their comments by late morning, by arvo the politz will be looking at reclassifying for the sake of community safety....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 24 Jun 2015, 8:54 am

Will be interesting if they try and reclassify as I'm sure NIOA will have grounds to take legal action against the government fella. They bring a sample in, jump through all the hoops with the various government agencies to get a classification. Based on the classification they have ordered and probably paid a large sum up front to secure quantities. They are up for a substantial loss if the government back flips on the original classification and if they take action and lose, it may open the gates on reclassifying just about any lever action firearm based on the precedent just set.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 24 Jun 2015, 9:17 am

brett1868 wrote:Will be interesting if they try and reclassify as I'm sure NIOA will have grounds to take legal action against the government fella. They bring a sample in, jump through all the hoops with the various government agencies to get a classification. Based on the classification they have ordered and probably paid a large sum up front to secure quantities. They are up for a substantial loss if the government back flips on the original classification and if they take action and lose, it may open the gates on reclassifying just about any lever action firearm based on the precedent just set.

And if there is enough media hype, then that is probably what they'll do irrespective of any court challenge. Those people who have already put money down will have that refunded, as no doubt will NIOA from the factory, plus some sort of compensation from the Government. That is of course if any recat was national. A State by State thing, I doubt would hardly worry NIOA because the State that don't recat will pick up the sales.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by JOY » 24 Jun 2015, 12:06 pm

Some let me know when it happens till then Just Keep your Shirts on Boys

Bugger Me panic merchants the lot of you..
JOY
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 24 Jun 2015, 1:06 pm

JOY wrote:Some let me know when it happens till then Just Keep your Shirts on Boys

Bugger Me panic merchants the lot of you..

I never panic, Why worry? It may never happen.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Eduardo » 24 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm

Interesting idea. I'm gonna have to do some experimentation as to which I am more accurate with for follow up rapid fire shots, pump or lever. Both have the pros and cons.
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by Newdave » 24 Jun 2015, 10:33 pm

Victorian police minister and the acting commissioner have come out and said that not only will they be pushing to reclassify lever action shotguns but other firearms like them , whatever that means. It's unbelievable I can't understand it. The SFP warned us but what do you do they have us bent over a barrel.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 25 Jun 2015, 2:29 am

I will not be happy if I have to f*** about with reclass for my 1955 win mod 94 30WCF.

Although they can steal back new my bl-22 @ cost :drinks:

So nothing has prompted this, just cock head do gooders having a slow week justifying their personality disorders.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Newdave » 25 Jun 2015, 7:44 am

If they re classify lever actions . I'm guessing they wont offer you a cent . You are free to sell it to someone by a certain date or hand it in . Its a disgrace what the Victorian police are doing whipping up this media feeding frenzy to justify their agenda.. .
Last edited by Newdave on 25 Jun 2015, 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 25 Jun 2015, 9:40 am

Acting Vic Chief commish talking crap again today;

"why would they need it..."

"At the moment its classified A...on the face this is a loophole.... reclassify, I'll have to be careful what I say..." I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist

^I cant see this staying a Cat A in Vic at least, for the money I'd buy 1, even 2.... but by the time these actually land in Australia, the Vic shooters will be asking for there deposits back...

'Rapid fire'...dont tell them about what an experienced operator can get on target with an SMLE, a full mag of 10 and a bag full of clips, hopefully they dont go Eagle Park or find out about the Youtube site.... :lol:

I love the "why they need it" line.... they allow cars on the road that travel at over 300kmh, accelerate to 100 in less time it took me to write <this word... yet the most regulated class of person doesnt need, and will probably lose the opportunity to have buy or keep this firearm...
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 25 Jun 2015, 9:50 am

I'm confused. Is Australia going to ban lever action firearms? What would this apply to? Shotguns, rifles, .22?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by DML » 25 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm

From Weekly Times...
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/n ... dab83e9188
A spokeswoman for the Attorney-General’s Department said the firearms group would report to the Council of Australian Governments through the Law, Crime and Community Safety Council.

“The group will consider the categorisation of new and emerging firearms technologies and advancements in firearms, such as lever action firearms, as part of the response to the firearm-related recommendations of the Martin Place Siege Review,” the spokeswoman said.

So they're considering classifying lever action shotguns as category C, so that they fit the same classification as pump action shotguns... like the one used by the criminal at the Martin Place siege. Clever clever clever. :clap:

The only change that should take place is that pump action shotguns should be reclassified as category A so that they fit with their faster counterparts; lever action shotguns.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by graynomad » 26 Jun 2015, 8:14 am

“The group will consider the categorisation of new and emerging firearms technologies and advancements in firearms, such as lever action firearms,

Twats, how long have levers been around, about 140 years and counting. I wonder who ties their shoe laces.
graynomad
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 26 Jun 2015, 9:07 am

beautiful looking firearm and only around the 700-800 mark.
thinking of putting it on the definite list.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 26 Jun 2015, 11:09 am

graynomad wrote:
“The group will consider the categorisation of new and emerging firearms technologies and advancements in firearms, such as lever action firearms,

Twats, how long have levers been around, about 140 years and counting. I wonder who ties their shoe laces.

That's the first thing that popped into my head!

Man, these people are relentless everywhere!
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.