Suppressors for Hearing Loss Prevention

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Suppressors for Hearing Loss Prevention

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 Jun 2018, 9:01 am

I just had a good thought, cyclists have to wear helmets and rec. Fishing ppl nesc to wear life vests, boating ppl nesc to take a beacon and wear life vests, motorsports ppl wear helmets and even hans devices. So why can't our rifles wear sound moderators
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 20 Jun 2018, 9:31 am

Be careful what you ask for and why. We dont need any more rules let Darwin sort it out. what you are proposing will end up with a rule that shooters must wear ear protection or else be fined.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Member-Deleted » 21 Jun 2018, 9:38 am

The bill by Victorian SFFP MP Jeff Borman to legalise suppressors, is before the Victorian parliament, debate on the bill has been adjourned and is due to be debated on the 27 of this month, it would be worthwhile for Victorian shooters to attend in support, politics is a numbers game, if something has enough support, it is likely to succeed, shooters need to get in and help themselves by standing up and be seen in numbers that suggest we are a force to be reckoned with.
Member-Deleted

Post by Windston » 21 Jun 2018, 8:33 pm

How has the talks been going so far magnum? Once it's in one state it will make it easier for the rest of us I would think.
Windston
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 21 Jun 2018, 8:37 pm

They used to be legal in SA, but then again Full Auto was legal in TAS at the same time. I wouldn't be holding my breath.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 Jun 2018, 9:34 pm

Windston wrote:How has the talks been going so far magnum? Once it's in one state it will make it easier for the rest of us I would think.

It will all come down to numbers, if shooters got behind the SFFP in greater numbers, these type of issues would be easier to get a positive result on, and yes you are spot on, if they manage to get this through in Victoria, it will influence other states. :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by straightshooter » 23 Jun 2018, 7:15 am

I have a feeling that all these pleas for legalised suppressors will fall on deaf ears.

(Sorry for the ironic pun but I couldn't help myself)
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 23 Jun 2018, 9:25 am

straightshooter wrote:I have a feeling that all these pleas for legalised suppressors will fall on deaf ears.

(Sorry for the ironic pun but I couldn't help myself)

Yep, with anything to do with sensible firearm law amendments, we are fighting against great odds, you are better placed in NSW as you have two in the upper house and one in the lower, if you can get a couple more in the lower house after the next election, things will improve. :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Gwion » 23 Jun 2018, 11:28 am

Fair call, Sungazer. No war vets in our club, though. Just long time shooters.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 26 Jun 2018, 6:25 pm

Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Queensland gun laws