Is this still LAW and if so, in what states ?

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Is this still LAW and if so, in what states ?

Post by pomemax » 03 Jul 2018, 11:52 am

RoginaJack wrote:Once upon a time it was not permitted to mow lawns on Sunday and pubs were restricted to serving only travellers.

Think about that! :( So, we all hopped in the car, drove 40 miles to the beach, signed in to the local pub as a traveller got pissed and drove home and on gravel roads.

The local corner shop near us had a liquor licence but could only sell bottle beer and I think it was only 2 long necks per customer on a Sunday.
:P

Yes and all shops shut at 1 PM Saturday very few corner shops were even open petrol stations shut .
Funny thing tho you could load a truck with farm produce and pull up at the side of the road and sell it most sold it by say 1 water Mellon or a bag of apples or the such like because if you had scales and they were wrong you could be booked and you had to move could not stay in one spot all the time ( that,s why Harry,s Cafe d,e wheels came about) if you stayed still you need a licence.
Pubs you had to Drive From Burwood say ST Marry / to get a drink, Ladies only in the lounge/Beer garden not the bar and they had to check you licence against a map like clubs do now for the 5k clubs you could NOT enter unless you were a member .
Plus No street lighting meant open speed limit unless signposted
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 03 Jul 2018, 3:19 pm

:x Gee, I miss those days! :)
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Jul 2018, 5:11 pm

pomemax wrote:Yes and all shops shut at 1 PM Saturday very few corner shops were even open petrol stations shut .
Funny thing tho you could load a truck with farm produce and pull up at the side of the road and sell it most sold it by say 1 water Mellon or a bag of apples or the such like because if you had scales and they were wrong you could be booked and you had to move could not stay in one spot all the time ( that,s why Harry,s Cafe d,e wheels came about) if you stayed still you need a licence.
Pubs you had to Drive From Burwood say ST Marry / to get a drink, Ladies only in the lounge/Beer garden not the bar and they had to check you licence against a map like clubs do now for the 5k clubs you could NOT enter unless you were a member .
Plus No street lighting meant open speed limit unless signposted

When I was a kid we had trucks come around the 'burbs selling fruit & veg every week, just like Mr Whippy, and our milk was delivered every evening. And every month or so mum would drive us out to some farm for a huge pile of fresh meat. When I was working in the Kimberley on communities they had a truck come through every week selling all sorts of stuff.

Didn't know about the street lighting, but the very first time I was pulled over, the officer mentioned street lighting as delineating "built-up" areas, but as I had just come off of the freeway, which had lighting, he decided that wasn't right after all :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 03 Jul 2018, 6:42 pm

When I was a kid living in Doncaster on High St it was a dirt road the intersection with Manningham Rd just had a Danger sign hanging diagonally across it. The milk was delivered by a horse and cart. Things change fast.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Return to Queensland gun laws