Shipping Ammo QLD to VIC

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Shipping Ammo QLD to VIC

Post by T Dog » 14 Jul 2018, 4:18 pm

Hi quick question for the brains trust. I have just brought my guns south for the winter QLD to Vic but I left the ammo back north :problem: so I was wondering instead of driving the 2 1/2 K north to get it can I have it shipped down if so how? and any idea how much it might cost? these are custom loads so buying ammo down here will mean a re-zero.
Thanks TDog
T Dog
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Shipping Ammo QLD to VIC

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 Jul 2018, 7:59 pm

Need a DG courier or someone who is licensed to drive them back. Then get them to fly back home
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jul 2018, 8:05 pm

T Dog wrote:Hi quick question for the brains trust. I have just brought my guns south for the winter QLD to Vic but I left the ammo back north :problem: so I was wondering instead of driving the 2 1/2 K north to get it can I have it shipped down if so how? and any idea how much it might cost? these are custom loads so buying ammo down here will mean a re-zero.
Thanks TDog

RebelGunWorks ships ammo very cheaply with TNT, but I would expect privately you might be up for maybe $200 for DG.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 14 Jul 2018, 8:51 pm

Yeh $200 odd DG charge.
But you can prob get 3k plus rounds down here for that so stock up.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by T Dog » 14 Jul 2018, 9:05 pm

Starting to think a couple of packets and a day down the range might be the go. On that note a part from Eagle Park Range any other ranges in Melbourne that let you walk up with out joining using center fire rifles?
T Dog
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Jul 2018, 12:35 am

Then the question becomes will a local shop do cheaper prices for that high quantity of ammo.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 15 Jul 2018, 7:18 am

Nope
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 15 Jul 2018, 10:43 am

A DG Permit for ammo costs $95, but you need to arrange pick up, which is a cost, and freight. If you are able to arrange delivery by a friend or family member to the depot, packaged according to the shippers instruction, you can save a little. As for factory, get to know your local gunshop, buy some ammo and be a repeat customer then you will find that unless you buy a pallet with all the costs from interstate then you can get ammo there cheaper.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 15 Jul 2018, 11:05 am

s**t, where's your local !?
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Jul 2018, 6:31 pm

I reckon he might be buying t a few thousand rounds a month..... lol

I was looking a some hornady 6.5cm rounds at interstate, they were on special 299 for 200, add then postage about 200+. I would need to buy over 700 rounds to make them cheaper than my local. I didn't ask my local if they would do a better price if I buy 1000 6.5cm rounds......as I just need the ammo for the brass.. lol
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws