"Firearms storage at SSAA Springvale Range"

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: "Firearms storage at SSAA Springvale Range"

Post by sungazer » 21 Jul 2018, 6:47 pm

Yep I South Morang Hunting Fishing and Camping run a Licence night at least once a month. The Police even direct people to the different shops when they apply. The DFO said in is intro he likes to spread the course's amongst the different shops in the district
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by RoginaJack » 21 Jul 2018, 8:59 pm

Hey Sunngazer are the LGS doing licences tests required to have a qualified Instructor and how do you get on with the live firing test?
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 22 Jul 2018, 8:59 am

This is Vic mate none of that crap. Just need the police in attendance.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Daddybang » 22 Jul 2018, 9:42 am

sungazer wrote:This is Vic mate none of that crap. Just need the police in attendance.

This explains why the course down south can be done in a couple of hours. (Id been wondering). :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 25 Jul 2018, 7:36 pm

As we have drifted off a little into training rather than other things I will share an experience from a licence required training course many years ago.

I was a shooter as a kid on the farm and then Regular Army and had a pretty comfortable view of my ability to make firearms safe.

Whilst paying attention I had a F$c@!!! moment when the instructor described live round hangups in tube mag firearms.

I had been used to single shot bolt rifles and detachable magazine and belt fed guns, I was enlightened to say the least.

I now have experience with tube mag [Win '92] rifles and still wonder at my ignorance before that training.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Victorian gun laws