A heads up for qld licensed shooters!!!

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

A heads up for qld licensed shooters!!!

Post by Daddybang » 10 Aug 2018, 11:01 am

I've just been told by the owner of my LGS that Wlb are.no longer sending out license renewal notices (he's had forty three firearms brought in for storage in the last fortnight).
Make sure ya know when ya license expiry is. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Re: A heads up for qld licensed shooters!!!

Post by TheDude » 10 Aug 2018, 11:15 am

Mine was due this month, got an email 3 months back for it. Dads is due next month, his email came in 2 months back. The email has a completed form attached you can print out and submit at the cop shop or you can use the reference number from the form to do an online renewal.

I’d suggest making sure to let WLB what your email address is if you haven’t before. I did my original license application online 5 years ago so they had my details already.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 10 Aug 2018, 11:53 am

I wonder what the go is then?? :unknown:
Maybe they just aren't sending them out snail mail anymore? :unknown:
It doesn't affect me as mine isn't due for renewal for another two years and it's all on line. :thumbsup:
Seems a bit strange so many up here aren't getting them. :? :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 11 Aug 2018, 5:17 am

Daddybang wrote:I wonder what the go is then?? :unknown:
It doesn't affect me as mine isn't due for renewal for another two years and it's all on line. :thumbsup:

Yeah, they stopped sending snail mail about 12 months ago. Recently (last month) renewed two licences, got the email TheDude mentioned at 3months, and another one at one month prior to expiry date.
Probable that the renewal email disappeared into the ethernet somewhere, more probable that the email landed in their junk folder which they never check, most probable that they plain forgot and are telling little whities to hide their lapse in collective memories.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by YoungSC » 11 Aug 2018, 11:45 am

I'm in WA, but this reminded me that I haven't paid my renewal. It's sitting under a pile of other paperwork.

Thanks
YoungSC
Private
Private

-

Post by Daddybang » 11 Aug 2018, 11:54 am

YoungSC wrote:I'm in WA, but this reminded me that I haven't paid my renewal. It's sitting under a pile of other paperwork.

Thanks

Then it wasn't a waste of time posting!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 11 Aug 2018, 12:53 pm

trekin wrote:

Yeah, they stopped sending snail mail about 12 months ago. Recently (last month) renewed two licences, got the email TheDude mentioned at 3months, and another one at one month prior to expiry date.
Probable that the renewal email disappeared into the ethernet somewhere, more probable that the email landed in their junk folder which they never check, most probable that they plain forgot and are telling little whities to hide their lapse in collective memories.

I’m in the 42 day grace period now waiting for my new Licence. Will give them a call in a week to see if there is any update on it.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 11 Aug 2018, 2:05 pm

TheDude wrote:
trekin wrote:

I’m in the 42 day grace period now waiting for my new Licence. Will give them a call in a week to see if there is any update on it.

Did A/B online, on a Friday, six days before expiry, approval email sent 24 hours and 13 minutes later, card recieved 14 working days after that. Cat H done online following Monday (had to wait for club letter) approval email sent 29 days after, still waiting for card. How close to the 42 days are you? At least 25% of shooters I know have gone over the 42 day grace period. Stephen Andrew, the MP for Mirani is after numbers so he can take it up with the Police Minister.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 11 Aug 2018, 2:22 pm

a week into it so far. I renewed the day I got my 3 month notice. Got a renewal confirmation email immediately but haven’t got anything else yet.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 22 Aug 2018, 10:23 am

TheDude wrote:a week into it so far. I renewed the day I got my 3 month notice. Got a renewal confirmation email immediately but haven’t got anything else yet.

Got my approval email on Saturday. Said it will be about 10-14 for the new card.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 22 Aug 2018, 11:35 am

TheDude wrote:
TheDude wrote:a week into it so far. I renewed the day I got my 3 month notice. Got a renewal confirmation email immediately but haven’t got anything else yet.

Got my approval email on Saturday. Said it will be about 10-14 for the new card.

Approval email is still not considered as a licence, therefore you are unlicenced until you recieve the card. Stupid technicality that makes an administrative crimal out of otherwise law abiding citizens, and one one that is so simple to fix by the Comminsioner endorseing the approval email as a temp licence until you recieve the card.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 22 Aug 2018, 12:57 pm

trekin wrote:
TheDude wrote:

Approval email is still not considered as a licence, therefore you are unlicenced until you recieve the card. Stupid technicality that makes an administrative crimal out of otherwise law abiding citizens, and one one that is so simple to fix by the Comminsioner endorseing the approval email as a temp licence until you recieve the card.

Yeah the email mentioned that. Agree it’s pretty stupid. I’m still in the 42 days so my old card and renewal letter cover me for now. If I don’t have the card in the 14 days then i’ll be chasing them up. You’d think old card and the approval email would be enough proof.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws