QLD WL Branch and Aust Post... Please NO!!!

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

QLD WL Branch and Aust Post... Please NO!!!

Post by Angel » 07 Sep 2018, 5:30 pm

Just read this... If this is true then this is a major concern fro QLD licence holders.

https://www.lafo.com.au/qld-firearms-re ... alia-post/

I seriously hope this DOES NOT occur... :(
Last edited by Angel on 07 Sep 2018, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: QLL WL Branch and Aust POst... PLease NO!!!

Post by Gaznazdiak » 07 Sep 2018, 5:58 pm

Australia has truly slipped down the rabbit hole. Wonderland be buggered, we are living in fvcking Blunderland.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: QLL WL Branch and Aust POst... PLease NO!!!

Post by Cryptic » 07 Sep 2018, 6:01 pm

Considering Aust post hate shooters and try to restrict logistics how does that f***ing logic making sense.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: QLD Weapons Branch and Aust Post... Please NO!!!

Post by Angel » 07 Sep 2018, 6:26 pm

This can not, and will not end well...
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: QLD WL Branch and Aust Post... Please NO!!!

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 07 Sep 2018, 11:09 pm

Hmm considering I read their my health record article.... I dunno if I would give moe than 2 cents on the legitimacy on this website
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TheDude » 07 Sep 2018, 11:30 pm

I don’t really see what the problem is. It’s not like Aus post would be replacing WLB and making decisions on licensing and issuing the permits, just hosting the backend IT system.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 07 Sep 2018, 11:49 pm

I think it's all BS how could the gov give the aus post that responsibility, those feken idgits sometimes can't even get a letter to its designated address
The big problem with long waits is there's not enough people in the licencing department and may never be because its not classed as important
to the government
This sort of Bull s__t is going to be put out there to see if it gets a reaction
People in high places in the shooting range business should take notice of stuff like this and realise that if they let things through gov without a push back
and don't sort out their rules and regulations and the bickering then they won't have a business and most likely we'll have no guns
Why aren't we like the USA they all get in and fight for whats right and yes they don't always win but from what I can see they all jump and have a go
here in Australia we don't stick together like that most are always trying to take advantage of each other in one way or another
We are all pissing into the wind if we don't start getting on top of this and start voting different
Some of you guy's on here are brilliant surely some of you can come up with some answers or know someone in the right place to do so
and then do something about it and canvas your local members , I have

End of dummy spit
Member-Deleted

Post by No1_49er » 08 Sep 2018, 12:42 pm

For what it's worth, my licence renewals have been done on time, but more importantly the last several PTA's have all been approved within three days, and one was actually done within 24hr. Even had approvals confirmed by email at 7am and another on a Saturday.
Maybe they're playing "catch-up", but I can't fault their recent actions.
I usually have them faxed to my dealer, but the few that get to me by snail mail are the problem of AusPost, judging by the franking. Very slow.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by JSS » 08 Sep 2018, 4:49 pm

I'd rather my records be held at a zoo by a couple of poo chucking ball scratching monkeys.................... Oh wait a minute that's exactly what their proposing anyway. :crazy:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Sep 2018, 9:56 am

They would not need to do this, and in the process they would make life for themselves and LFO's a lot simpler, if they got rid of registration of firearms altogether, it is costly both financially and resource wise, and it does nothing to prevent criminal misuse of firearms, the dopy buggers spend all their time trying to work out where the firearms of LFO's are, and in many cases, they are unable to even get that right, yet they have no idea where the guns of criminals are.
Member-Deleted

Return to Queensland gun laws