Gun confiscation

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Gun confiscation

Post by Daddybang » 16 Sep 2018, 10:14 am

Actually ziad you haven't hurt my feelings my views are similar(not the same but similar) to yours and others but.the continual mockery of people that don't share those views is pretty pointless. There's a difference between having a joke and mocking someone for their views and I'm sure ya wouldn't be happy if every time ya shared ya POV someone else made the same tired old "joke".
That's just my POV. :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Sep 2018, 10:24 am

Bjelke-Peteren was one of the biggest crooks to ever slime into parliament.

He makes today's lot look like Sunday School teachers, under his watch unemployment got to 11% and inflation to 9%.

He was notorious for pork barrelling for his mates, and like Trump was always attacking the media for bringing his misdeeds to light.

Bringing him up is like saying, "Yeah the Nazis were bad news but at least the trains ran on time."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-01/s ... ed/9270744
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Sep 2018, 11:58 am

Nobody disputes those facts Gaznazdiak but nobody has said otherwise on here we were just explaining how bad it could be
to have people like that with us not having a speaker with power
What is your point of the remark Bringing him up is like saying, '' Yeah the Nazis were bad news but at least the trains run on time. ''
Maybe I think you misunderstood me a little
Member-Deleted

Post by bigrich » 16 Sep 2018, 12:04 pm

Good read bigrich :thumbsup: brings back memories
Yep just people trying to get a little more in their pay packet , not being listened to and treated like animals by the then government :thumbsdown:
A lot of people don't realise how quick the situation can go pear shaped with governments and how violent it can be :crazy:
But then again it depends on who you listen to there still a small majority that would like to see people treated like that again
but it's mostly those with something to gain from it :roll:
My opinion is it's best to have a large governing body like the SSAA or SHOOTERS UNION fighting along side us gun owners even
though sometimes we don't agree with them :|
The workers of the JOH years had the union but corruption leaked in and the workers were beaten :(
Corruption is what we have to be aware of having a large outside entity speaking on our behalf but it's the only way to have the power to
alter gov decisions that will most likely be against our best interests as shooters and gun owners so we have to be vigilant and vote accordingly
as one :thumbsup:
If we try and stand alone we are definitely doomed to being mistreated by power seekers in governments :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

yeh GDB, the reason history is important is to remember is so the mistakes of the past don't get repeated. the talk of dictatorships reminded me of "joh" and the banana republic cartoons in the courier mail :lol: SSAA is already corrupt at management level i've heard. better to have them than nothing. just like you mentioned unions, they are a nessesary evil. i got out of a union cause i didn't like being told who to vote for. shooters definately need for solidarity that's for sure :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 16 Sep 2018, 12:22 pm

Bringing him up is like saying, "Yeah the Nazis were bad news but at least the trains ran on time."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-01/s ... ed/9270744[/quote]

the whole reason i brought him up was to show that a dictatorship has already exitsted in australia and remind/enlighten people about a few facts on this. i grew up south of brisbane during this era , and russ hinze "the minister for everything" , i've just remembered ,was also the minister for police, as well as main roads, mining, racing, and a couple of others i cant remember. how corrupt does this sound ? :unknown: queensland was known as a "police state" and corrupt as. my father was a constable in wooloongabba back in the early 1970's , and had some pretty amazing stories to tell.this was the era when all frontline cops were big boofhead footballer types, (no offence to boofhead footballers :D ), who wouldn't take any cr@p and give ya a hiding just for kicks if ya were drunk :wtf: and the trains weren't on time either :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Sep 2018, 12:29 pm

I'm hearing you bigrich I was in a union all my working life mostly because I had to but when I left the industry I was in for
28yrs we were supposed to have our sick hours not taken paid out but after 15yrs not claiming a sick day I lost it all :evil: :evil: :thumbsdown:
Corruption at it's best deals done behind closed doors :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
But yes it's an EVIL necessity and one that sometimes does some good like the SSAA :| :silent:
Insurance might be the SSAA's next big challenge :roll: :roll:
I don't think much has been learnt from the past by the people that should matter they just keep making those same mistakes
over and over again but ya gotta keep hoping and trying :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Sep 2018, 12:37 pm

Nobody disputes those facts Gaznazdiak but nobody has said otherwise on here we were just explaining how bad it could be
to have people like that with us not having a speaker with power
What is your point of the remark Bringing him up is like saying, '' Yeah the Nazis were bad news but at least the trains run on time. ''
Maybe I think you misunderstood me a little

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I hate all politicians but some I particularly deeply despise, and B-P is right up there with Mista Rabbot that traitorous mealy-mouthed Sinophile Krudd.

The trains on time is an old postwar analogy used by both the Germans and the Italians, basically meaning that there was some minor good done by even the worst regimes in history.

There are some relatively few who flourished under B-P, but it was mostly bad, hence the analogy.

I wasn't trying to take the piss just venting :drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 Sep 2018, 1:07 pm

Its ok Gaznazniak mate alls good although you were in the ball park with B-JELKY he was also referred to as Qld's little Hitler :D :lol: :lol:
and Hinze was his minister for final affairs they even had their own Gastapo on the streets in blue uniforms although I have mates that were in uniform then and they were appalled at some of the goings on but most took pride in it, a sign of the times I suppose :crazy:
Also he was very religious and jet again we see religion doesn't fall far from corruption him being a god fearing man and all :thumbsup: :silent: :silent: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 16 Sep 2018, 3:06 pm

Just a little bit of what's happening in China right now..... Or is it just a conspiracy!!

Screenshot_20180916-145436.png
Screenshot_20180916-145436.png (99.38 KiB) Viewed 5795 times

China.. A shining light in the world!!!
(As long as ya not a religious or ethnic minority or gay or some how out of "favour" with old President for life) :drinks:
Full article at ABC.
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 16 Sep 2018, 3:24 pm

Daddybang wrote:Just a little bit of what's happening in China right now..... Or is it just a conspiracy!!

Screenshot_20180916-145436.png

China.. A shining light in the world!!!
(As long as ya not a religious or ethnic minority or gay or some how out of "favour" with old President for life) :drinks:
Full article at ABC.

yeh DB, this has been going on for some years now, they brought in laws over there to make certain aspects of islam illegal. the russians all but got rid of their brand of christianity during stalin years. it has made a resurgance in modern times, especially after boris yelstin's time . nobody can have power to oppose/critisise the state you know. religion has no place under communism. :unknown: what china has done to tibet has gone on for a long time :(
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Sep 2018, 3:52 pm

I watched a report the other night about the 2000+ executions in China and a surprisingly large number of the families believed their executed relatives organs were harvested and that that was the main reason they were shot, despitethe ban in 1987.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_t ... n_in_China

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_h ... s_in_China
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 16 Sep 2018, 4:17 pm

Yeah fellas the whole Chinese system is based on "Chinese superiority" and any one who disagrees gets the chop. I wonder who is allowed to privately own firearms over there?? :unknown:
And some think China is a good example. :crazy: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 16 Sep 2018, 5:08 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:I watched a report the other night about the 2000+ executions in China and a surprisingly large number of the families believed their executed relatives organs were harvested and that that was the main reason they were shot, despitethe ban in 1987.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_t ... n_in_China

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_h ... s_in_China

organ harvesting the poor wouldn't suprise me at all. some science fiction movies/books don't seem to far fetched these days :unknown:
soylent green anyone ? :crazy: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Next

Return to New South Wales gun laws