Weapons Licensing QLD wanting rates notice now

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Weapons Licensing QLD wanting rates notice now

Post by Member-Deleted » 17 Sep 2018, 9:20 am

Have you got a prayer for my soft point as well father ? :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :unknown:
Member-Deleted

Post by JSS » 17 Sep 2018, 5:26 pm

My parents have 2 farms, both several hundred acres, my in-laws live on 40 acres (technically big enough to shoot on) of hilly bush filled with furry targets about 30 mins away from my house, but when i wanted to get my license again after letting it lapse years ago i just joined a range because it's bloody easier than all the BS you have to go through with QWL if you state that hunting is your genuine reason.
For what it costs to join ssaa or shooters union i don't know why anyone would bother using the "hunting" option.

As far as the rates notice, it's just another hurdle they are throwing up to make things more difficult in the hope it stops a few licenses.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by dpskipper » 17 Sep 2018, 5:58 pm

JSS wrote:My parents have 2 farms, both several hundred acres, my in-laws live on 40 acres (technically big enough to shoot on) of hilly bush filled with furry targets about 30 mins away from my house, but when i wanted to get my license again after letting it lapse years ago i just joined a range because it's bloody easier than all the BS you have to go through with QWL if you state that hunting is your genuine reason.
For what it costs to join ssaa or shooters union i don't know why anyone would bother using the "hunting" option.

As far as the rates notice, it's just another hurdle they are throwing up to make things more difficult in the hope it stops a few licenses.

Well technically if the po po catch you shooting anywhere other than a range (because target shooting is your only genuine reason) then your in s**t. However, once you weigh up the risks and the chance of being caught then you come to a decision. On really big properties you can shoot unlicensed any nobody would know...

If you can see the neighbors then you should probably be squeaky clean lest they call the cozzas
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TheDude » 17 Sep 2018, 6:12 pm

dpskipper wrote:
JSS wrote:My parents have 2 farms, both several hundred acres, my in-laws live on 40 acres (technically big enough to shoot on) of hilly bush filled with furry targets about 30 mins away from my house, but when i wanted to get my license again after letting it lapse years ago i just joined a range because it's bloody easier than all the BS you have to go through with QWL if you state that hunting is your genuine reason.

Well technically if the po po catch you shooting anywhere other than a range (because target shooting is your only genuine reason) then your in s**t. However, once you weigh up the risks and the chance of being caught then you come to a decision. On really big properties you can shoot unlicensed any nobody would know...

If you can see the neighbors then you should probably be squeaky clean lest they call the cozzas

That’s not the case in Queensland. Even with target shooting as your primary genuine reason you also get hunting on your license.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 17 Sep 2018, 6:30 pm

TheDude wrote:
dpskipper wrote:

That’s not the case in Queensland. Even with target shooting as your primary genuine reason you also get hunting on your license.

Yep I only applied for target and they put hunting on mine too. I thought it was a mistake so rang and they said that is how it is here.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by dpskipper » 17 Sep 2018, 6:58 pm

Cryptic wrote:
TheDude wrote:
dpskipper wrote:

Yep I only applied for target and they put hunting on mine too. I thought it was a mistake so rang and they said that is how it is here.

you queenslanders have it easy!
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by JSS » 17 Sep 2018, 7:12 pm

dpskipper wrote:
Cryptic wrote:
TheDude wrote:
dpskipper wrote:

you queenslanders have it easy!

Haha yep Qld rocks!!!
But in the other states you've got a very solid reason for wanting hunting for your reason then if that's the case. What a bummer!!
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 17 Sep 2018, 10:39 pm

The reason would be that hunting without hunting as a genuine reason would be breach of your licence conditions...

Firearm licencing in WA has been bad for decades. When I worked in the Kimberly, many of the contractors coming up joined a rifle club to get a rifle so they could do some hunting with while they were up there - illegally.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 18 Sep 2018, 6:42 am

JSS wrote:As far as the rates notice, it's just another hurdle they are throwing up to make things more difficult in the hope it stops a few licenses.

Spot on jss :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws