How many guns can you acquire at once via PTA in NSW

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: How many guns can you acquire at once via PTA in NSW

Post by zhuk » 19 Nov 2018, 5:12 pm

pomemax wrote:First year I put in 14 its not like Victoria or SA justify each and every gun , here NSW you have justification you have a licence you don,t need a genuine reason for each firearm like Archie said a bucket full will flag you to you local firearms officer but normally NP I have submitted 5 at a time

One thing that NSW has going for it..I was unable to shoot for a few years so just kept buying rifles instead :lol:
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 19 Nov 2018, 6:01 pm

zhuk wrote:
pomemax wrote:First year I put in 14 its not like Victoria or SA justify each and every gun , here NSW you have justification you have a licence you don,t need a genuine reason for each firearm like Archie said a bucket full will flag you to you local firearms officer but normally NP I have submitted 5 at a time

One thing that NSW has going for it..I was unable to shoot for a few years so just kept buying rifles instead :lol:

Really? I've been averaging eight per year down here.

I thought NSW you have to have club attendances to maintain a firearm licence, unless you have a property letter?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by zhuk » 19 Nov 2018, 7:47 pm

bladeracer wrote:
zhuk wrote:

Really? I've been averaging eight per year down here.

I thought NSW you have to have club attendances to maintain a firearm licence, unless you have a property letter?

No mate, rolling medical certificates unfortunately. I have a 17yr long chronic pain condition and was under control for the first 6 or so years of being licensed, but along with a shoulder op it flared up middle of 2016 so I lost the ability to sit down..ie no ability to get to ranges to maintain attendances :(

Coming a bit better now, but I still can't do the 110km round trip to my pistol club. Though I did travel to Grafton lying down in the back seat of someone's ute for an IPSC match couple of months back lol. First time I fired a shot since 2016 was very strange, at first :mrgreen:
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by DJCoopes » 20 Nov 2018, 11:20 am

For the NT spots, is it legally only shotguns?
.22LR Lever
.30-30WIN Break
12G Break
12G Bolt
==============
Glory to Australia!
-John Williamson
DJCoopes
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 20 Nov 2018, 12:46 pm

DJCoopes wrote:For the NT spots, is it legally only shotguns?

I'll have to check but I think that was correct - the areas really are tiny.
I was chatting with a bloke on FB that decided he was moving from SA to NT to be able hunt crown land - I think he realised his folly :-)

https://nt.gov.au/leisure/hunting-and-shooting/about-hunting-and-shooting
https://nt.gov.au/leisure/hunting-and-shooting/pig-hunting-in-reserves-rules

You can use any CatA shotgun.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to New South Wales gun laws