A New Attack

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

A New Attack

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Oct 2018, 9:32 am

New South Wales is going into competition with the Western Police State it seems.

NSW police cleared a dealer to sell Gel Ball guns and supplies, then raided him and charged him with weapons offenses for possession and sale of the items they had previously approved.

Gel ball gamers march on as retailer fights ban on importing toy guns
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-28/g ... d/10418474
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: A New Attack

Post by Daddybang » 28 Oct 2018, 10:01 am

Yep its a good thing qld had "capable of firing a LETHAL projectile" in our definition of a firearm in the Act otherwise there's a good chance they'd be illegal up here too!!
Its not often we have a win but all the best to you Mexicans hopefully common sense will prevail and they'll be classed as the toys they are!!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Oct 2018, 10:35 am

At the risk of straying into foil hat territory DB, I see this as part of a clandestine program to gradually erode shooter's "rights" here.

Ever since 1996 the restrictions on us have been slowly getting tighter while the lace panty brigade's strident bleating would have the uninformed, non shooting public believe they are being gradually eroded, aided by arrant bloody nonsense like last week's 4 Corners.

What's next, banning video games with any form of gun play?

With the majority of Australians being avocado smashing slickers, we are a persecuted minority now, and it seems we are the only ones who know it.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Oct 2018, 10:37 am

Well actually just had a thought. All the video games trotting ppl are a huge potential market for firearms... ssaa lets go there
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Oct 2018, 10:56 am

Ziad wrote:Well actually just had a thought. All the video games trotting ppl are a huge potential market for firearms... ssaa lets go there

I actually saw a tv ad for SSAA a couple of days ago, so there is a little push back going on :clap:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Oct 2018, 11:00 am

Ahh they mentioned it in their magazine
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 28 Oct 2018, 1:47 pm

Ziad wrote:Well actually just had a thought. All the video games trotting ppl are a huge potential market for firearms... ssaa lets go there

Except the SSAA were a huge supporter of banning and/or "R" classifying shoot'em up video games a few years back.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Oct 2018, 2:02 pm

It was tongue in cheek, I doubt they/ssaa could handle young kids
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 29 Oct 2018, 9:59 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:At the risk of straying into foil hat territory DB, I see this as part of a clandestine program to gradually erode shooter's "rights" here.

Gaz I don't think its tinfoil hat territory at all I think it's a definite goal of govt (thats all major sides of the house) to have zero private ownership and when we've got some "shooters" spouting the same bullsh@t as the poliscum and antis its a distinct possibility that we'll see it come about in our lifetime.
Maybe the missus should have bought me a roll of foil instead of a new hat!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 Oct 2018, 4:07 pm

It might happen but not everlasting will give up their guns... plus you could always get some sane leave where crimes get em
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 29 Oct 2018, 6:03 pm

Only by ousting the big parties will we be in a position of probably putting common sense gun laws back into play
Until then tin foil hat and trudge on and keep the pressure on the anti's :thumbsup: :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Return to New South Wales gun laws