Getting jack of NSW Firearm Registry

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Getting jack of NSW Firearm Registry

Post by Rider888 » 23 Nov 2018, 12:18 pm

Getting a bit jack of the FAR.

Yesterday on hold for 58 minutes. Today on hold for 87 minutes. Both times no one answers the phone.

I need to:

1. Find out why its been more than 25 business days and the application of licence hasn't arrived
2. Why my PPL on the online portal still states expiring Dec when my application for full licence was send and received end of Sep

OMG
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: FAR

Post by Gaznazdiak » 23 Nov 2018, 1:18 pm

I can't explain it any other way than planned obfuscation, procrastination and embuggerance with the aim of making our sport as difficult as humanly possible for us to partake in.

I had to call Centerlink a couple of weeks ago and only had to wait 19min.
Centerlink FFS.
Pretty good bet there are a few more callers to deal with there.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by zhuk » 23 Nov 2018, 5:49 pm

I had to wait 1 hr 50 mins to get through to FAR last week...they have "voluntary redundancied" 1/3 of their staff

Guy in my club has been waiting four months for his licence renewal to be.processed...so of course it's expired now /rolleyes
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by No1_49er » 23 Nov 2018, 6:21 pm

If they were private company, they would deserve to be out of business very quickly :thumbsdown:
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Rider888 » 24 Nov 2018, 6:23 am

zhuk wrote:I had to wait 1 hr 50 mins to get through to FAR last week...they have "voluntary redundancied" 1/3 of their staff

Guy in my club has been waiting four months for his licence renewal to be.processed...so of course it's expired now /rolleyes

But i think that, as long as you have submitted it, then your licence validity continues regardless of what the online portal states
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by zhuk » 24 Nov 2018, 6:53 am

Absolutely, Rider...your official status is: "Licence expired: Authority continues".

I'm presuming that would still be acceptable for local/interstate matches (though I doubt it with WA lol)

Although too bad if you'd organised to travel outside Aust for a comp however.
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Rider888 » 24 Nov 2018, 4:37 pm

zhuk wrote:Absolutely, Rider...your official status is: "Licence expired: Authority continues".

I'm presuming that would still be acceptable for local/interstate matches (though I doubt it with WA lol)

But mine doesn't say "Licence Expired....." Maybe I have to wait til the date actually passes
Rider888
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by zhuk » 24 Nov 2018, 6:40 pm

Rider888 wrote:
zhuk wrote:Absolutely, Rider...your official status is: "Licence expired: Authority continues".

But mine doesn't say "Licence Expired....." Maybe I have to wait til the date actually passes

Maybe...it was 4 years ago when it happened to me and they might have changed the wording since.
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws