Gun laws, the redneck image, and what we can do

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Gun laws, the redneck image, and what we can do

Post by bigrich » 12 Dec 2018, 4:00 pm

Ecobogan wrote:Hi and yes if course I mean well. I'm not particularly after an NFA rollback, that I think is more Blade and SFF's ideal. Mine would be one that might apease both sides.
I understand fully the points you've just raised however the reason I've kept pushing the 'all ideas on the table' is I've seen well thought through activism and negotiations work here and overseas.
Thanks to all who wrote in, it's a start

mate the only thing that will change things is politcally . if all shooting, fishing , 4x4 groups (annnnd, my new politically correct catch phrase ," RURAL LIFESTYLE ENTHUSIASTS" :lol: :lol: :lol: ) unite as a voting block , we've got a chance VOTER NUMBERS = ACTION BY POLITICIANS . facts don't matter, common sense doesn't matter . numbers are the only thing that will matter . all interested parties need to unite politically for change. i'm not saying she's the answer, but even auntie pauline wanted to bring back 22 lr semi auto's JMHO :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 12 Dec 2018, 4:08 pm

Daddybang wrote:Gday BR hows ya day mate?
Yeah lookin like the wets finally broken up here. I've been flat out the last couple of days getting sh@t sorted in case this storm comes back around although I'm hoping it heads sth thru the channel country and rod outback and granddad and the mob out west can get a bit of water.
Contrary to the media reports its not extreme weather just a normal start to the wet we haven't seen for around ten years or so. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

maaaaate, the media blows "weather events" out of all proportion at times. i remember brisbane used to flood about six times a year in the 70's and 80's. we used to get 2-3 cyclones every year back when. hopefully the folks that need it will get it. i understand there's this plan to funnel all the flood water west of the range to make land west more fertile and useable. it's only bin around since WW2. shoulda got the yank engineers corps to build it. they built the sturt highway from adelaide to darwin i believe . not to mention the concrete ipswich road . ya remember that DB ? :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 12 Dec 2018, 4:31 pm

bigrich wrote:
Yeah lookin like the wets finally broken up here. I've been flat out the last couple of days getting sh@t sorted in case this storm comes back around although I'm hoping it heads sth thru the channel country and rod outback and granddad and the mob out west can get a bit of water.
Contrary to the media reports its not extreme weather just a normal start to the wet we haven't seen for around ten years or so. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

maaaaate, the media blows "weather events" out of all proportion at times. i remember brisbane used to flood about six times a year in the 70's and 80's. we used to get 2-3 cyclones every year back when. hopefully the folks that need it will get it. i understand there's this plan to funnel all the flood water west of the range to make land west more fertile and useable. it's only bin around since WW2. shoulda got the yank engineers corps to build it. they built the sturt highway from adelaide to darwin i believe . not to mention the concrete ipswich road . ya remember that DB ? :drinks: :thumbsup:

Yeah kap is pushing hard for the Hells Gate dam/irrigation project so who knows we might see it in our lifetime. ?? :unknown: :unknown:
Was that the rd out to Amberley RAAF base?
As the song says "The Times They are A Changing"
:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 12 Dec 2018, 5:18 pm

Daddybang wrote:
bigrich wrote:

Yeah kap is pushing hard for the Hells Gate dam/irrigation project so who knows we might see it in our lifetime. ?? :unknown: :unknown:
Was that the rd out to Amberley RAAF base?
As the song says "The Times They are A Changing"
:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

the old concrete highway went from around wacol to dinmore, if i remember correctly. be good to see hells gate get done DB. i saw a doco on a irrigation project done in the kimberlys that turned semi desert into really productive land. our pollies have to put money into smarter use of land instead of selling it to the chinese. the craziest thing is all the really productive farm land near the coast gets turned into suburbia. you should see the housing estates in redland bay DB. it'd make ya cry all that redsoil going to waste :(

:drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Ecobogan » 12 Dec 2018, 5:52 pm

Daddybang wrote:
Ecobogan wrote: Mine would be one that might apease both sides.
I/quote]

Appeasement won't work with bullies and that is exactly what gca the greens and other anti firearms mobs are. They are rabbid fanatics that believe their way is the ONLY way. On several different occasions ssaa and other shooters groups have offered the antis a chance to sit down and talk and get a more informed view of shooting and hunting and have been soundly rebuffed.
Also doesn't help when supposed shooters(not directed at you) spout the same uninformed nonsense that alpers , sham lee and other clueless antis dribble.
Just my opinion not having a go at ya at all ecobogan. :thumbsup: :friends: :drinks:

Onya for the succinct response mate and didn't think you were having a go at me at all...all good.
Yours n Ziad's versions got to the point directly and is what I'd figured. That being the two parties had thrashed it out....much rather ask and put my point forward than wonder. Will still chip away at this in my own way.
That front of wetness you boys were talking about has just landed on the front door.
Cheers
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ziad » 12 Dec 2018, 6:07 pm

Nicely put daddybang.

Looks like we getting some rain in Melbourne tonight and tomorrow and friday. I am happy to send some qld and nsw way, esp the 50mm from tomorrow
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Previous

Return to Victorian gun laws