A gun law I can applaud!

Ask your firearm legal questions here. Firearms licensing and permits, storage, shooters rights information.

A gun law I can applaud!

Post by Daddybang » 20 Dec 2018, 4:27 pm

So I've been having A LOT of trouble with my 22wmr for a couple of months now(only ammo it would extract after firing were win subs) and after trying everything several people had advised I gave up and decided I needed to get another.
Went into the lgs where they had another model15 sitting on the shelf and under the "Like for Like" laws gave the lgs the barrelled action/receiver and walked out with the "new" rifle with no wait time or pta needed.
Thats a firearm law I can whole heartedly support!!!! :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: A gun law I can applaud!

Post by Gaznazdiak » 20 Dec 2018, 4:34 pm

Well done that man!!!
:drinks:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 20 Dec 2018, 4:41 pm

New one on me how dose it work
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by BangBangSkeetSkeet » 20 Dec 2018, 4:46 pm

My choice is what I choose to do, and if I'm causing no harm why should it bother you?
Your choice is who choose to be, and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me
BangBangSkeetSkeet
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 20 Dec 2018, 5:02 pm

Thanks for posting the link bbss! :thumbsup: :drinks:

deye243 wrote:New one on me how dose it work

Yeah I had no idea about it either until I was talking to the fellas at my lgs. This is qld so I'm not sure if its Australia wide... :unknown:
:thumbsup: :drinks:

Gaznazdiak wrote:Well done that man!!!
:drinks:

Yeah gaz I am bloody happy mate!!!!
:lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 20 Dec 2018, 6:00 pm

Daddybang wrote:So I've been having A LOT of trouble with my 22wmr for a couple of months now(only ammo it would extract after firing were win subs) and after trying everything several people had advised I gave up and decided I needed to get another.
Went into the lgs where they had another model15 sitting on the shelf and under the "Like for Like" laws gave the lgs the barrelled action/receiver and walked out with the "new" rifle with no wait time or pta needed.
Thats a firearm law I can whole heartedly support!!!! :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks: :drinks:

i've done that a few times fellas, traded my ruger 308 scout for the 308 sako A7 i got now. gun shop might sting ya on the trade in price, but's it's less hassle than trying to sell a gun you don't want anymore,and waiting on PTA's :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 20 Dec 2018, 9:13 pm

Yep; I changed over the old station rem 788 (.223) for a new Howa 1500 about 3 months back, and I couldnt believe that there was a gun law that was practical, made sense, and just WORKS!

Couldnt believe it was that simple; if I'd realised, I'd have changed the 788 over long before this...

Not sure how long it's been in place (the law), but it's a smart idea.
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Thom318 » 20 Dec 2018, 10:06 pm

Wish we could have this in WA, it just makes sense. I believe they are working on it though
Thom318
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by zhuk » 20 Dec 2018, 10:36 pm

Hell will freeze over before NSW FAR allows that.
zhuk
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 20 Dec 2018, 10:56 pm

Wow...just bloody wow...!!

Good luck to you guys...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 21 Dec 2018, 6:02 am

If only this common sense was applied to all our firearms legislation. ... :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Australian gun laws