MDT Tac21 chassis restricted in QLD or not?

Ask your firearm legal questions here. Firearms licensing and permits, storage, shooters rights information.

MDT Tac21 chassis restricted in QLD or not?

Post by moose » 23 Dec 2018, 2:05 pm

Looking to buy a MDT Tac21 chassis and wanted to know if it was restricted.
moose
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: MDT Tac21 chassis restricted in QLD or not?

Post by bladeracer » 23 Dec 2018, 2:58 pm

moose wrote:Looking to buy a MDT Tac21 chassis and wanted to know if it was restricted.

I'm not aware of the chassis being restricted anywhere. If you put a folding or sliding stock on it that might make it restricted in some states.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 23 Dec 2018, 6:28 pm

Not restricted as far as I know. The RPR with a folding and adjustable stock is legal up here. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 23 Dec 2018, 9:35 pm

I have both an MDT TAC-21 and a Ruger Precision Rifle, and neither are restricted in QLD.

If you buy the MDT TAC-21, make sure it's the newer version of the chassis, with the lock-pin for the stock having a small cam-lock arrangement.

The older design (mine:- late ~2012) is just a straight pin, and it tends to have a little play in the stock fitting. On the later design, you push the pin through, and then I think you rotate it to lock it up nice and tight.
[I tend to use a bit of plumbers tape between the mating surfaces, to give me a tight fit, but that newer locking design should resolve the issue.]
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Australian gun laws