Protecting yourself from idiots

Questions about Tasmanian fun and ammunition laws. Tasmanian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Protecting yourself from idiots

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Jan 2019, 9:11 am

Archie wrote:
bigrich wrote:
southeast varmiter wrote:Rule number one when seeing others is do not interact until you have stored your firearm.
We had an encounter with those c*nts of the forest folk a while back. Looking deliberately to get into an argument with hunters with firearms.
We saw them approach. Walked away and secured firearms in vehicle to which they showed great annoyance.

These sorts of people and possible confrontation are what put me off getting a R license to hunt state forest. I hope their happy with government baiting programs and all the collateral wildlife deaths

To be honest I almost never see anyone else in state forests in NSW. Sometimes on weekends in the bigger ones with more recreational uses but in the logging ones you're usually the only person for miles.

I think making sure you have your phone on you to record any interaction isn't a bad idea.

And to a degree - this is what caught me out...complaceny - I hardly ever see anyone at all, so wrongly thought I was alone...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Noisydad » 30 Jan 2019, 11:41 am

bigrich wrote:After reading all the posts on this topic, I’m appalled that there’s so many self important, self entitled @ssholes that think they can do whatever they want with no regard for land ownership and/or green types who want confrontation with firearms owners. Hopefully there will be some successful legal prosecutions of these idiots

I think so too and have concluded that the best way to protect ourselves from idiots is to build a wall around all our capital cities and put armed patrols on it to contain the idiot contagion within!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 30 Jan 2019, 11:59 am

Noisydad wrote:
bigrich wrote:After reading all the posts on this topic, I’m appalled that there’s so many self important, self entitled @ssholes that think they can do whatever they want with no regard for land ownership and/or green types who want confrontation with firearms owners. Hopefully there will be some successful legal prosecutions of these idiots

I think so too and have concluded that the best way to protect ourselves from idiots is to build a wall around all our capital cities and put armed patrols on it to contain the idiot contagion within!

Have to agree with that Noisy, although, the other day I was heading to town when I came across a Holden ute with 8 big bull lights, at least 6 cb aerials and the biggest bullbar I've seen without a Kenworth attached, doing a bit of "circle work" in the middle of the road.

Middle of a record heatwave, hot enough to boil a monkey's bum, and this knob is in the middle of a cloud of tyre smoke, in the middle of the road in the middle of the day. I had to almost come to a stop before tractor boy noticed he wasn't alone, he didn't look the least bothered by my appearance, just waved and red lined it up the road leaving an additional few thousand kms of rubber behind.

So I think it's like the cats mate, the fvckwits have gone feral.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 30 Jan 2019, 12:14 pm

Noisydad wrote:

Christ, that almost sounds like the story line of a zombie movie. Anyone remember the “resident evil “ series of movies? Somebody should make a “spoof” movie, “resident idiots “ , where all the Facebook addicted dumbasses get walled up for their own safety :lol:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Previous

Return to Tasmanian gun laws