Filming police doing safe inspection

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Filming police doing safe inspection

Post by Daddybang » 28 Feb 2019, 10:36 am

Early retirement hey?
Nope nothing suss goin on here!!!! :allegedly: :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Feb 2019, 2:20 pm

They can't easily fire a govt burocrat

No one can, even if they fk up cost millions... best they will be moved sideways and ******
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Feb 2019, 2:29 pm

Seems like QLD police are still the best that money can buy.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 28 Feb 2019, 3:43 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Seems like QLD police are still the best that money can buy.

Hence me saying a little bit of skepticism is understandable!!!!! :lol: :drinks:
I know other states have had police corruption pop it's head up but only qld coppers had Rodney sing a song about'em!!!!
:lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by doc » 04 Mar 2019, 1:50 pm

If you're that worried, an alternative may be to record audio on your phone while it's in your pocket. You can do it inconspicuously, and I believe according to Australian laws only one party needs to be aware of the recording for it to be legal.

If anything dodgy happens, voice recording will probably give you what you need in 99% of the cases, and reduces the risk of a hostile inspection as a response.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Mar 2019, 2:24 pm

fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 04 Mar 2019, 3:19 pm

And just to add even more fuel to the fire
The CCC (who are supposed to uncover corruption) have stated there's nothing untoward in the whole ticket for the commish's wife fiasco but they didn't even interview the issuing officer before reaching that conclusion!!!!!!! :silent: :silent: :silent:
Yeah nothin to cause mistrust in Qpol there!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Mar 2019, 5:55 pm

Interesting - if your in public you are legally allowed to video record officers without consent but your not allowed to record anybof their conversation without consent...what if your video has audio?? Could you then mute the audio and edit in the words being said as a graphic ?
I know...shut up TT. Lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by JSS » 04 Mar 2019, 6:25 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Interesting - if your in public you are legally allowed to video record officers without consent but your not allowed to record anybof their conversation without consent...what if your video has audio?? Could you then mute the audio and edit in the words being said as a graphic ?

In Qld the only time they (police) can tell you to stop is if they are on private property that has nothing to do with you, or your filming is hindering them doing their duty. Other than that it's all good. As far as audio you can record in public areas and you can record a private conversation you have with someone else without telling them, The rule goes something like "at least one party in the conversation must be aware of the recording" you being that "one party" makes it legal.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Mar 2019, 6:49 pm

Yes - but most video collection devices have audio facilities built in now...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Patriot » 04 Mar 2019, 7:36 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Interesting - if your in public you are legally allowed to video record officers without consent but your not allowed to record anybof their conversation without consent...what if your video has audio?? Could you then mute the audio and edit in the words being said as a graphic ?

So if I understand correctly, police can voice record me but I can’t record them unless I ask?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 04 Mar 2019, 7:47 pm

Patriot wrote:

So if I understand correctly, police can voice record me but I can’t record them unless I ask?

That's correct mate, that's why I said you will only make trouble for yourself doing so.

But then they're allowed to shoot you too.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Mar 2019, 10:23 pm

When police finally decide rock up to my place for an inspection I'll be welcoming them in with open arms, I'll be respectful, polite and well spoken and I'll be offering them a tea, coffee, cool drink and be absolutely accommodating to their every needs.

I have all relevant paperwork close at hand to ensure that they're not waiting around.
I'llbe remembering the thank them for their service to the community because lets not forget that they typically endure a very unpleasant job and regularly deal with undisirable people.

When they come to my place they will have the pleasure of dealing with one of the most upstanding members of the community they could ever meet ... an LAFO

We owe that to them, ourselvs and each othe as LAFO'S :friends:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 05 Mar 2019, 1:10 am

That's what I did just before Christmas and they came back twice as I had issues and as they were leaving the last time I said I would miss them.I still have Karls card
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by davidbrown6607 » 07 May 2019, 11:04 pm

I have a camera watching my safe 24/7. When the police conducted my last inspection one of the questions asked was "what other security measures do you have in place?" The police officers got a shock when I pointed at my camera and told them it records vision and sound 24/7. They agreed that it was a good idea, especially after I highlighted the amount of home invasions in my region and average police response times. IMHO use them, don't flaunt it, protect your prized possessions!
davidbrown6607
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by flutch » 08 May 2019, 12:03 am

pomemax wrote:There is a flip side to recording a safe inspection you know he will do it by the letter for sure and that means everything checked properly, just in case you feel like he done something wrong .
The last safe inspection I had was a real nice cop he said boy you have a few (nice set up tho ) mind if i just count them to make sure they tally with what I have on my list , he did. First tho he showed me the number I had written in ink in the top of the page did not say it out loud and said quietly some wives do not know that number and was impressed with back to base monitoring and trigger lock on every thing even while just in the safe we chatted about shooting and stuff he was there about 1 hour and left .
Mind you tho in the safe I keep a spread sheet with pta numbers where bought from dates of purchase and serial numbers and where on each firearm they are located and rego numbers he just glanced at that

spreadsheets? man thats some weapons grade anal retentiveness going on there, cant say I would even consider any of that to remotely necessary, borderline strokerville around my point of origin.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Tac308 » 04 Nov 2019, 8:02 pm

Antogonist much?
Tac308
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by Bill » 04 Nov 2019, 8:31 pm

I seem to have a problem with the cops even showing up let alone even returning numerous calls and messages, bloody lazy flogs
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by linkoln » 10 Nov 2019, 9:14 pm

The surveillance devices act of 2007 says you can audio / video record any conversation that is in public or where another person could reasonably overhear. You can record a private conversation as long as you are part of the conversation.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws