Flush against wall?

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Flush against wall?

Post by yoshie » 06 Mar 2019, 5:01 pm

Why not trim the skirting board? Keep the off cut and put it back when your done? Move out etc? That's what spak filler is for. 10 min job to put it back and a 1 litre tin of paint and a $2 brush from Bunnings
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Flush against wall?

Post by zhuk » 13 Mar 2019, 7:04 am

Pyroteq wrote:
hzj80 wrote:If it's bolted into a concrete floor you'd be hard pressed to get enough force to lever it off using a timber stud wall. Not sure how that sits with regulation though.

I mean, if you have the opportunity to do that you'd just use an angle grinder or the good old "wrench attack"...

The masonry wall I have downstairs has a horizontal line across the length of the wall that's supposed to be a "decoration" I guess. Getting rid of that would be a messy difficult task and cause the safe to stick out about 1cm from the rest of the wall.

150kg safe I feel is a waste of money as I want my handgun licence in future so it needs to be bolted in regardless.

I might just go with a plank behind the safe to be on the safe side.

I should add I plan on putting the bolts in the floor or both the floor and wall.

In NSW can I request an inspection before I come into possession of a rifle to make sure I tick all the boxes?

Pyrotec, might be the best idea either to ring FAR, or email them (might be better so you have a hardcopy of their reply...often ringing twice will get you two different answers in my experience lol)

To my mind, they won't like it not being flush( I cut the skirting board away for my safes) and I don't know if they'd accept a board behind it unless aybe it covered the entire back surface so there were no gaps.

And yes you can request a safe inspection, just contact your local cop shop.
zhuk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws