And just like that all my guns were seized by police

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: And just like that all my guns were seized by police

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Mar 2019, 6:41 pm

OBL is just like one of a hundred snakes that America bred and left in the wild..... only issue is that this snake came back to bite them... nothing to do with religion.

And please don't tell me otherwise unless you have extensive firsthand knowledge of the religion or you are a theological professor
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Mar 2019, 9:49 pm

So from what I am reading on here, given that under NSW law, if you are threatened, the police can seize your firearms and suspend your license, what is the case if you are a victim of an assault, I am wondering if the same circumstances apply?
Member-Deleted

Post by brett1868 » 25 Mar 2019, 10:11 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:So from what I am reading on here, given that under NSW law, if you are threatened, the police can seize your firearms and suspend your license, what is the case if you are a victim of an assault, I am wondering if the same circumstances apply?

As the victim they can only be seized if deemed domestic violence so if assaulted by a non family member then you'd be fine.... :allegedly:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Mar 2019, 10:14 pm

My assumption is the guns were taken because there was a threat toward someone at that address (not sayin it's right) so then they were taken incase there was a confrontation in the future at that address (if whats been said the police could have done it a little better and explained the situation) i don't know the exact law but i thought police had to have a warrant to enter a house if not invited other than actual violence is under way or apprehension of a wanted person by you giving them without paperwork and no warrant as what was said earlier they probably have said you gave the guns to them this could work for you or against you (1) it could take very little to get them back or (2) against you they have your guns and it may take forever to get them back and may be they will flag you as a gun owner maybe not either way it has cost you and will cost you more to finalise it all my sympathy to you mate
Member-Deleted

Post by 2freeq » 26 Mar 2019, 8:24 am

brett1868 wrote:
Member-Deleted6 wrote:So from what I am reading on here, given that under NSW law, if you are threatened, the police can seize your firearms and suspend your license, what is the case if you are a victim of an assault, I am wondering if the same circumstances apply?

As the victim they can only be seized if deemed domestic violence so if assaulted by a non family member then you'd be fine.... :allegedly:

Yes this is true, If this bloke wasn't related to the foster kids we have in our care or anyone else in my household then my guns would not have been seized.

The police were invited into my home to do a statement and put the threat on record but once they were inside and took the statement the conversation turned into a debate about my guns.

I could have told them to get a warrant but whats the point in delaying it? They would have had a warrant within the hour and taken them anyway. Instead after they made it clear the guns would be seized regardless due it being a domestic situation and i had a better understanding of why they had to be seized I elected to comply. the result of this was the attending officers telling the licensing sergeant that i was cooperative and understanding. The licensing Sergeant then personally thanked me for not making things harder than they have to be and hopefully this leads to some positive karma and them making the return of my guns an easier process. It is the licensing sergeant who does the investigation as to wether he believes the guns should be reinstated so being on his good side can only be a positive thing. The police have a job to do, the same as a CEO or a janitor, Why make someones life harder than it has to be for the same result. i don't s**t on the bathroom floor just to make the janitor "work for it" so i wont do the same for the police or anyone else.

on a positive side today marks the halfway mark to apply to get them back!!! woohoo. Hoping to have them back for the 4 day weekend next month.
Howa 1500 .223
Marlin XT22SR .22LR
Lithgow .22LR
EMEI Chinese side lever .117 Air Rifle
2freeq
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

So your message is still '' If you want to keep your guns don't tell the police anything' ?
Member-Deleted

Post by 2freeq » 26 Mar 2019, 2:25 pm

So your message is still '' If you want to keep your guns don't tell the police anything' ?

Exactly.

If its domestic related you will lose your guns no matter if your the victim or the aggressor.

You find yourself in that position and you don't want to lose your guns then find some other way to defuse the situation rather than calling the police.

And hope your enemies don't figure out that it just takes one call to police saying you intimidated them , wether true or false and your guns are gone for 28 days plus investigation time. easy as that.
Howa 1500 .223
Marlin XT22SR .22LR
Lithgow .22LR
2freeq
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Blackened » 26 Mar 2019, 3:39 pm

Geez, the broom got a work out in this one.

This topic is not about ISIS.
It is not about the US political policy.

All those posts deleted.

Back on track. Keep it there...
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by Bourt » 26 Mar 2019, 3:40 pm

2freeq wrote:And hope your enemies don't figure out that it just takes one call to police saying you intimidated them , wether true or false and your guns are gone

Enemies? :wtf:

What is this, Game Of Thrones? :lol:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Mar 2019, 10:31 pm

I find it hard to imagine that that was all it took to have guns taken I and my family were threatened by a neighbour they even entered my yard and stomped my garden during one of their drunkin parties i notified the police they came and delt with it in their own way but i did not have my guns taken :thumbsup: :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 26 Mar 2019, 11:05 pm

I find it hard to imagine that that was all it took to have guns taken I and my family were threatened by a neighbour they even entered my yard and stomped my garden during one of their drunkin parties i notified the police they came and delt with it in their own way but i did not have my guns taken :thumbsup: :drinks:

Unless your neighbour is related to you it would not fall under domestic violence...
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Mar 2019, 11:22 pm

Thanks mate but also he children of 2freeq were foster children not related as one would put it but fair enough it just sounds strange thats all to be honest i'm thinking too much into it but my gut feeling usually proves me right most times but i'm probably wrong this time cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by 2freeq » 27 Mar 2019, 6:40 am

Thanks mate but also he children of 2freeq were foster children not related as one would put it but fair enough it just sounds strange thats all to be honest i'm thinking too much into it but my gut feeling usually proves me right most times but i'm probably wrong this time cheers

The children live with me. therefore domestically related they believe.

The police gave me another example of a unfair case they had recently where a father let his sons mate who was homeless sleep on his lounge until he got himself setup. The sons mate got into a heated argument with a ex girlfriend who reported it to police. The father lost his guns for the 28 day cooling off period due to admitting this kid was staying in their home for the time being. even though they had no access to his firearms its the fact they are in the house where either party resides.
Howa 1500 .223
Marlin XT22SR .22LR
Lithgow .22LR
2freeq
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Mar 2019, 10:38 am

Clear as mud but i hear what you're saying
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Apr 2019, 10:30 pm

Which ever way it is viewed, IMO, it is abuse of power a prime example of how shifty the powers to be are, they have manipulated the system in introducing these types of laws that turn the law abiding into immediate suspects, just another step in their campaign to completely disarm us, a little at a time.
Member-Deleted

Post by 2freeq » 11 Apr 2019, 9:49 am

Received my guns and license back today after 30 days. Pretty stoked.
Howa 1500 .223
Marlin XT22SR .22LR
Lithgow .22LR
2freeq
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 11 Apr 2019, 10:07 am

good to hear it worked out for you :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 11 Apr 2019, 12:42 pm

Yeah me to mate good to hear it is sorted and you can get on with things Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by brett1868 » 11 Apr 2019, 4:54 pm

2freeq wrote:Received my guns and license back today after 30 days. Pretty stoked.

Great news mate, must be a massive weight off your shoulders having your valuables back under your roof.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 11 Apr 2019, 8:44 pm

2freeq wrote:Received my guns and license back today after 30 days. Pretty stoked.

Excellent news 2f... :clap:
Happy its worked out for you... :D
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by PaddyT » 12 Apr 2019, 8:48 am

Good news, nerveracking time im sure but am guessing that your cooperation probably means you have some brownie points with the local coppers.
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 12 Apr 2019, 8:58 am

Fantastic.

Good to know that the system has worked, hopefully everyone else that's unlikely enough to find themselves in your position gets a good outcome like that.

We sometimes take our "freedom" for granted until we loose it.

You now have another piece of you freedom returned, enjoy it. :drinks:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 12 Apr 2019, 1:09 pm

:D great news...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Apr 2019, 8:53 am

Pleased to hear that, what a shame you, a law abiding person, was treated like a criminal because of the inappropriate actions of someone else, :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 13 Apr 2019, 9:04 am

im Glad everything has been returned, but I remain bitterly disappointed it came to this via the circumstances involved.

I’ve learned something very important pertaining to “incidents”.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by JSS » 13 Apr 2019, 9:43 am

Good to hear it all worked out in the end mate. :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by 2freeq » 13 Apr 2019, 10:09 am

Cheers fellas. I am very pleased to have them home. I even treated them to a extra cleaning.
Howa 1500 .223
Marlin XT22SR .22LR
Lithgow .22LR
2freeq
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 13 Apr 2019, 1:54 pm

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 13 Apr 2019, 7:03 pm

Good news mate. And a valuable lesson for many of us.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm

GQshayne wrote:Good news mate. And a valuable lesson for many of us.

:thumbsup: Yep, something I thought would not be the case, the level of low the authorities will stoop to is surprising, it is obvious they want to make it as hard as possible for us, but this is a whole new level of extreme.
Member-Deleted

PreviousNext

Return to New South Wales gun laws