Shooters Union QLD&NSW

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Shooters Union QLD&NSW

Post by Member-Deleted » 04 Nov 2017, 1:05 am

I am not in the SSAA but by listening to you people about the SSAA has the monopoly on shooting in various events if not a member
Then this could be a dangerous situation as far as gun laws go because if the SSAA starts wheeling and dealing with the government
such as trade offs to gain 100% membership for the SSAA ( if it hasn't already done this ) now if some other company doesn't come
into play as opposition to the SSAA then this will give the SSAA a licence to print money hence the high fees and if that happens then
the fees will only get larger (They need competition to keep them on the straight and narrow with the Australian shooters )
I would make an assumption that the SSAA has in its agenda to have it be that if you are not a member of the SSAA then you won't be able to renew your gun
licence in the future what worries me is what laws will they let slip through without objecting to them on behalf of all gun owners
They have been silent for too long maybe the Shooters Union could end up taking a lot of their members and this is what the SSAA is worried about
that's why they are stopping non members from shooting in some comps
I had never heard of the Shooters Union until now but will look into it now that I have
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws