Shooters Union QLD&NSW

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Shooters Union QLD&NSW

Post by Mitch » 06 Jul 2017, 3:03 pm

What is wrong with supporting the amnesty?
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jandamurra » 06 Jul 2017, 3:21 pm

Mitch wrote:What is wrong with supporting the amnesty?

Maybe you should ask Graham Park and David Leyonhjelm.
Leyonhjjelm himself says it won't do anything positive for crime or terrorism-see the article I quoted in my last post.
In that case, what on earth is the point of it?
It's also disappointing to see him and Graham Park saying they support amnesties in general. By what magical thinking did they oppose the 1997 national buyback yet still support other amnesties?
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by bullzeye » 06 Jul 2017, 4:48 pm

The 'amnesty' in NSW should be permanent if they are serious (like other states).

Hand in unregistered firearms anytime with no repercussions. They will surely get more firearms that way.

Still, it’s not as if criminals will hand in guns they can get thousands of dollars for on the black market.

Regarding the Shooters Union, their pricing interstate differs - which is a little annoying. NSW is more expensive than QLD. I've sent them enquiry, waiting to hear..
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by YoungBuck » 06 Jul 2017, 5:19 pm

Gents - If you are interested you can get a life membership with SUA for half price for this month only thanks to Ozzie @ ozziereviews on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI8xeVB4GIo).

Half price link:
https://shootersunion.com.au/ozzie-revi ... mwcref=YT1
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scaredyet » 06 Jul 2017, 5:27 pm

Is there any benefit to have this lifetime cover. I'm in NSW have my own property and in future I want to get my H licensed and also would like to shoot in state forrest
scaredyet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 06 Jul 2017, 8:21 pm

Most states already have an amnesty in place but its surprising how few people know they can take a gun to a gunshop and surrender it.

A week in (almost) and the guns are appearing and even licensed shooters with a dozen guns are turning up with unregistered guns and putting them in their name.

Like it or not this amnesty and the media hype around it is taking guns from under the bed and in the garage off the streets

Chronos.
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by YoungBuck » 06 Jul 2017, 10:29 pm

Wrong thread Chronos?
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by spartan71 » 06 Jul 2017, 10:34 pm

I'm a life time member of shooters union, Ive been starting to think they are a bit of a scam. They don't respond to member email, website, enquiries, or Facebook messages asking for simple information like range affiliation. If they keep that attitude up I can't see them keeping members or maintaining their genuine reason status.
spartan71
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bullzeye » 11 Jul 2017, 9:39 am

I've emailed both the National and NSW unit of Shooters Union - never got a reply.

I'm rather concerned they are not operating properly and maybe one day they will have their certification revoked by police. In that case your life membership would be pretty much useless.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 13 Aug 2017, 7:12 pm

recently I have seen a need for public liability insurance for genuine recreational hunting
I have let it be known that I was thinking about rejoining ssaa vic but as they are a bunch of crooks wasn't happy about doing it
one of you guys let me know about insurance with shooters union so I have looked into it and this has made my ears prick up
I think highly of ozzie reviews so I believe this to be true
m.facebook.com/ozziereviews/posts/1228138133941244
I would be interested in an annual membership at $35 per year how cheap is that for 10 million dollars public liability
anyway I have sent an email to them for a please explain on there insurance, it so far sounds really good
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by DragonDrew » 03 Nov 2017, 8:14 pm

Bumping for some more info here.

I did my handgun safety course recently and was told about shooters union and thought it too good to be true, a club that gives me my genuine reason for a cat H + only $35/y. Turns out that SSAA will only allow you into their 'competitions' if you are in their Pistol division ($290/y~).
Have not checked out other clubs as SSAA are the monopoly when it comes to a decent competition layout as well as amount and time of comps. *shrug* guess I am gonna have to empty my wallet.
DragonDrew
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 03 Nov 2017, 9:24 pm

DragonDrew wrote:Bumping for some more info here.

I did my handgun safety course recently and was told about shooters union and thought it too good to be true, a club that gives me my genuine reason for a cat H + only $35/y. Turns out that SSAA will only allow you into their 'competitions' if you are in their Pistol division ($290/y~).
Have not checked out other clubs as SSAA are the monopoly when it comes to a decent competition layout as well as amount and time of comps. *shrug* guess I am gonna have to empty my wallet.

Well that sucks. I was looking tp shoot silhouette at Ripley as a visitor with a friend and talk to SU about how I could get my high cal.
Club I am with doesnt have silhouette so was just going to do as a visitor but if they wont allow in their comps they can get stuffed will go elsewhere.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 04 Nov 2017, 1:05 am

I am not in the SSAA but by listening to you people about the SSAA has the monopoly on shooting in various events if not a member
Then this could be a dangerous situation as far as gun laws go because if the SSAA starts wheeling and dealing with the government
such as trade offs to gain 100% membership for the SSAA ( if it hasn't already done this ) now if some other company doesn't come
into play as opposition to the SSAA then this will give the SSAA a licence to print money hence the high fees and if that happens then
the fees will only get larger (They need competition to keep them on the straight and narrow with the Australian shooters )
I would make an assumption that the SSAA has in its agenda to have it be that if you are not a member of the SSAA then you won't be able to renew your gun
licence in the future what worries me is what laws will they let slip through without objecting to them on behalf of all gun owners
They have been silent for too long maybe the Shooters Union could end up taking a lot of their members and this is what the SSAA is worried about
that's why they are stopping non members from shooting in some comps
I had never heard of the Shooters Union until now but will look into it now that I have
Member-Deleted

Next

Return to Queensland gun laws