Can you buy ammo for someone else?

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Can you buy ammo for someone else?

Post by Tiiger » 07 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

What's the story legally for this?

Can you buy ammo on behalf of other people when dealers haven't sighted their license etc.?

Obviously I'm only talking about buying for people with appropriate license. Not like buying booze for kids :lol:

Kosher or no good?
Tiiger
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Can you buy ammo for someone else?

Post by Fry » 07 Sep 2013, 5:23 pm

I believe you have to sight the persons license before handing it over, but I think it's Ok?
Fry
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Aussier » 08 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm

Fry wrote:I believe you have to sight the persons license before handing it over, but I think it's Ok?

Sounds right.

Be sure to check that license though, they could have lost it since you last saw it... You want to cover your ass when buying stuff for others obviously...
Aussier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by lole » 08 Sep 2013, 5:39 pm

Do yourself a favour and get something in writing from Queensland Weapons Licensing.

I remember someone on here talking about the same thing and they spoke to a couple of gun stores, licensing a couple of times, and the police, and between 5-6 different people half said you could do it OK, and half said you couldn't and that you had to have a dealers license if as strictly speaking you're "selling" it to the other person once you pass it on.

Get something in writing from them either way...
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Monty » 09 Sep 2013, 12:30 pm

lole wrote:Get something in writing from them either way...

Getting something in writing is key.

Given the amount of contradictory information we get in shooting laws you can't take much on peoples word these days.

Unfortunate, but that's the reality of the situation.
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Return to Queensland gun laws