The latest from Weapons Licensing QLD

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: The latest from Weapons Licensing QLD

Post by Mitch » 04 Jul 2017, 8:29 am

I have never had an issue. Perhaps those that have ring up being rude, and get the same in return
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marneth » 03 Jun 2018, 11:10 am

Does anyone know if a PTA has an expirey time. I bought a rifle on line while it was on special and applied for a PTA at the same time. The next day I get an order update saying that my rifle is on backorder. I don't know how long it will take to get here. Not looking for any hassles from Weapons Licensing QLD.
marneth
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bronco93 » 04 Jun 2018, 11:15 pm

marneth wrote:Does anyone know if a PTA has an expirey time. I bought a rifle on line while it was on special and applied for a PTA at the same time. The next day I get an order update saying that my rifle is on backorder. I don't know how long it will take to get here. Not looking for any hassles from Weapons Licensing QLD.

6 months from the date of issue
Dozen 22lr .22WMR .22WRF .22hornet .223 .310 .303 .243 .30-30 20g 12g .410 32-20 .357 and a couple .58 muzzle loaders
bronco93
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 05 Jun 2018, 6:47 am

bronco93 wrote:
marneth wrote:Does anyone know if a PTA has an expirey time. I bought a rifle on line while it was on special and applied for a PTA at the same time. The next day I get an order update saying that my rifle is on backorder. I don't know how long it will take to get here. Not looking for any hassles from Weapons Licensing QLD.

6 months from the date of issue

Did they end up extending it to 12 months???
I remember reading somewhere they were going to but never heard anything more about it. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 05 Jun 2018, 7:45 am

A couple of years back they extended from 3 to 6 months. Hadn’t heard anything about another extension.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by tofu » 05 Jun 2018, 11:48 am

TheDude wrote:A couple of years back they extended from 3 to 6 months. Hadn’t heard anything about another extension.

odd, i checked with a gun shop in qld not long ago and they said 12 months...looking at the police web site, it says:

If I have made an application for a Permit to Acquire since I acquired a weapons licence and have never used it, can I use the application at any stage?

Yes, an application for a Permit to Acquire never expires. However, once the Permit to Acquire is issued, it is only valid for a term of not more than 3 months as stated on the issued Permit to Acquire.
tofu
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bronco93 » 05 Jun 2018, 4:06 pm

I have some pta's that havent used yet. They have 6 month expiry from date of issue. Got them a couple of months ago.
Dozen 22lr .22WMR .22WRF .22hornet .223 .310 .303 .243 .30-30 20g 12g .410 32-20 .357 and a couple .58 muzzle loaders
bronco93
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 10:51 am

I know a really good way for them to become more efficient, get rid of the requirement to register firearms and PTA's, getting a shooters licensed or renewal would be much quicker.
Member-Deleted

Return to Queensland gun laws