QLD Weapons Licensing Questions

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: QLD Weapons Licensing Questions

Post by Sus_scrofa » 10 Jan 2018, 6:29 am

Stoney wrote:If I worked in the QLD Weapons Licensing Branch and every time an arsehole self-intitled moron rang up and abused me for not giving them their instant gratification, I would pick up their application and put it at the bottom of the pile. How much do you reckon this happens? Hahahahahahha. Australians act like children in 2018. Back in the day you would shut your f**king mouth and wait.

+1

Don't they say a minimum of 12weeks on the application? So that's 3 months. I got mine in 4 months with patience I never rang or hassled them and that was 8 years ago. I find it funny people ring and take up weapons licensing time and wonder why things take time.
Sus_scrofa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 10 Jan 2018, 4:59 pm

Sus_scrofa wrote:
Stoney wrote:If I worked in the QLD Weapons Licensing Branch and every time an arsehole self-intitled moron rang up and abused me for not giving them their instant gratification, I would pick up their application and put it at the bottom of the pile. How much do you reckon this happens? Hahahahahahha. Australians act like children in 2018. Back in the day you would shut your f**king mouth and wait.

+1

Don't they say a minimum of 12weeks on the application? So that's 3 months. I got mine in 4 months with patience I never rang or hassled them and that was 8 years ago. I find it funny people ring and take up weapons licensing time and wonder why things take time.

I was a bit rough with my words there and I am not pointing my finger at anyone at all on this forum. What I was trying to say is just be patient, it will come. Imagine if the Police gave someone a licence straight away and they hurt someone. Everyone would be carrying on about how the police didn't do proper checks. The poor buggers can't win.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Townsville shooter » 10 Jan 2018, 5:43 pm

I agree and disagree.

Patience is a virtue not too many people have these days in a world of instant gratification. Everything takes time and will be ready when it's ready...

But.

12 week minimum to process an application is a joke.

These employees of the government probably have a direct line to databases to perform the required checks. So let's say an application lands on a desk and takes 10 minutes to check your history/offences/etc, then another 10 minutes to complete the application. Remember they probably do this everyday so I doubt it would take longer.

That's 20 minutes. 8 hour day, allow for stoppages and you're looking at approx 18 applications per employee. Let's say there is around 5 employees processing them, that's 90 applications per day.

Why the excessive wait times in 2018.

PS - I used to work for the QLD government in an area that processed applications.
Townsville shooter
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 10 Jan 2018, 6:06 pm

Townsville shooter wrote:I agree and disagree.

Patience is a virtue not too many people have these days in a world of instant gratification. Everything takes time and will be ready when it's ready...

But.

12 week minimum to process an application is a joke.

These employees of the government probably have a direct line to databases to perform the required checks. So let's say an application lands on a desk and takes 10 minutes to check your history/offences/etc, then another 10 minutes to complete the application. Remember they probably do this everyday so I doubt it would take longer.

That's 20 minutes. 8 hour day, allow for stoppages and you're looking at approx 18 applications per employee. Let's say there is around 5 employees processing them, that's 90 applications per day.

Why the excessive wait times in 2018.

PS - I used to work for the QLD government in an area that processed applications.

Believe it or not twelve weeks is a big improvement!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Re: QLD Weapons Licensing Question

Post by Joeseb87 » 11 Jan 2018, 4:55 pm

I have contacted them for 2 things within the last twelve months and all I was told was it will be atleast another 2 weeks to be finalised and on both occasions it was finialised pretty quick on was the next day and the other 3 days later I have come to the conclusion that that's their generic answer it will be at least 2 weeks don't ring back before 3 weeks time.
Joeseb87
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws