Air rifle on private property - Complaints by neighbours

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Air rifle on private property - Complaints by neighbours

Post by Daddybang » 04 Jan 2018, 12:38 pm

Stix wrote:A bit off track here...
But is it really called the "wespons act" in QLD...?

I find the use of that word (weapon) makes things all that much harder for us shooters...

It conjures up visions of violence & death & that is the subconcious effect all the anti's want for brainwashing the dumbo's against us...

We use firearms to shoot, not weapons.

In my book they are different...in the way that if you hold up a bank with a gun, or threaten someone with one, its a weapon...
But sports shooting is using a firearm.

If you are gardening & chop a branch off a tree you walk around your yard with a stick...its just a stick--until you go next door & beat your neighbour with it--then its a weapon...
Get my drift...?--the word used describes the action & intent... (well i know what i mean).

Call me old fashioned...but i make a point of saying "firearms" in ANY conversation now, particularly with the coppers...!!!
I believe it makes all the difference, & the uneducated feel more comfortable talking about it too...!

Just my observation guys...

I really hope you get it sorted mate...!!

Yeah they really do!! It's something that we want to change but no luck yet :evil:
The funny thing is we have firearms licenses! :unknown:
:crazy:
winton wrote:
pomemax wrote:Guy at work lives on 1 acre shooting his Air rifle in back yard next door complained to Police they came and spoke to him he said I was just shooting some rats that come out from near her (next door ) chicken shed then burning them
Policeman was nice asked him to stop shooting and he would refer the shed and rats to the health department of the council witch he did shed was removed after some council inspections and about 3 months

So the guys that complained about the air rifle had to remove his shed?

pomemax wrote: Who knew chicken shed need a cement floor, he was saying he needs another reason to shoot air rifle now .
Not all police are stacked against shooters

Not all police but most are stacked against shooters. Its just how the legislation is worded. It gives them alot of room for interpretation but very little room to choose to do nothing since its just a hot political potato.

Ya right winton they aren't all against us thats why I say a@@hole coppers. I live in an area where most of the cops are shooter's and apply a bit of common sense to the enforcement of legislation but every now and then we get out of town cops come in and try to be all gung-ho. :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 04 Jan 2018, 4:49 pm

yep, It's called "The Weapons Act" because it includes Knives, spearguns, knuckle dusters and other forms etc, etc., not just firearms and that is why you have a 'Firearms Licence'.

Cheers.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jan 2018, 7:46 pm

"So the guys that complained about the air rifle had to remove his shed? "

:lol: :violin: Just made my day
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 05 Jan 2018, 11:58 am

Oldbloke wrote:"So the guys that complained about the air rifle had to remove his shed? "

:lol: :violin: Just made my day

Yes and the guy who was shooting was shooting Indian Miners and burning them not rats at all but that was the first thing that came into his head when the cop approached him then he thought nothing more after cop left till the woman next door apologized about the rats and told him about the council making her get rid of shed
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by mackoutback » 05 Jan 2018, 1:52 pm

Hi guys, Have you got a shed to sit in and use the air rifle from?
I pin my targets to a big remoovalist cardboard box and the box is filled with foam, the pellets don't even go half way through so everything is contained within my shed.
The neighbors don't even know about it, mum' the wordCheers
mackoutback
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Jan 2018, 4:12 pm

+ :clap: Great idea!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Pixter » 17 Feb 2019, 10:56 am

I used to live in inner-Sydney in a long, skinny terrace house with a corridor that ran the length of the building, through the kitchen and laundry to the verandah which overlooked the backyard. That became my shooting range. I played loudish Metallica throughout the house and ran the lawn mower in the backyard to disguise any sound from the .22 Diana PCP. My targets were concealed in a large, wooden, open-ended box filled with rags and adorned with pot plants and garden ornaments. After a time I dispensed with the lawn mower. No one suspected a thing.
Pixter
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 17 Feb 2019, 1:16 pm

Pixter wrote:I used to live in inner-Sydney in a long, skinny terrace house with a corridor that ran the length of the building, through the kitchen and laundry to the verandah which overlooked the backyard. That became my shooting range. I played loudish Metallica throughout the house and ran the lawn mower in the backyard to disguise any sound from the .22 Diana PCP. My targets were concealed in a large, wooden, open-ended box filled with rags and adorned with pot plants and garden ornaments. After a time I dispensed with the lawn mower. No one suspected a thing.

So you thought it'd be smart to go onto a public forum and brag about your illegal shooting?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Feb 2019, 9:57 am

Hey I used to shoot birds in my house with an air rifle, pop balloons in the middle of a busy tourist city with thousands of ppl around me.....ohh wait it was a different country

Haha.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws