Category C Licence?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Category C Licence?

Post by Beechy » 21 Oct 2013, 1:03 pm

Anyone have a C license? I work for my mates pest control company and they want to branch into agricultural pest management, with me steering that boat. How difficult would it be to obtain a Cat C for rabbit/fox/dog shooting?
"Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
Remington 700 TAC21 308 - H&R Tamer/ATI 410 - Winchester 94 22M
www.australasiansurvivalistguild.com
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Category C Licence?

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm

In SA and NT, C class firearms must be stored and used only on the propety that they are registered to. I know someone who has been in strife for having one of his C class guns stolen from a ute that was off the propety at the time. Also as a buisness it is almost impossible to get insurance for such activities as professinolal shooting.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Aster » 21 Oct 2013, 3:21 pm

VIctoria is the same.

Even to the extent that having a category C licence does not allow you "posses, carry or use" a category A or B firearm :roll:
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by Lorgar » 21 Oct 2013, 3:26 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I know someone who has been in strife for having one of his C class guns stolen from a ute that was off the propety at the time.

Yep, same in VIC.

If you have a Cat B license and game permit etc. can't take your Cat C rifle out.

Only allowed to be used in the place(s) specified as part of your reason on the license application and transporting to gun store or between registered properties.

As long as you're friends thing is an established business though and not one of those "I'm going to start a company" situations ;) you shouldn't have any problems though.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Rippah » 21 Oct 2013, 4:54 pm

Aster wrote:Even to the extent that having a category C licence does not allow you "posses, carry or use" a category A or B firearm :roll:

Now that's just getting stupid.
Remington 700 CDL 35 Whelen
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50
Remington Model 12 .22LR
CZ Ring neck 12G
Rippah
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by jackles » 21 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm

Rippah wrote:Now that's just getting stupid.

Welcome to politics :?
32-20 Winchester 9422
.22LR Remington Model 5
.308 Remington 700
Coming soon... 17HMR
jackles
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Wes » 22 Oct 2013, 6:21 am

Lorgar wrote:As long as you're friends thing is an established business though and not one of those "I'm going to start a company" situations...

I'm "going to start" a SWAT team.

When can I expect delivery of my M4's? :D
Wes
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Beechy » 23 Oct 2013, 7:39 am

Lorgar wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
As long as you're friends thing is an established business though and not one of those "I'm going to start a company" situations ;) you shouldn't have any problems though.

yeah, Its a well established business with current contracts. Cheers for the info. It will be interesting describing my 'genuine need' for a C firearm. A grumpy cop may not care that It takes a whole 2 seconds to work the bolt action....
"Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
Remington 700 TAC21 308 - H&R Tamer/ATI 410 - Winchester 94 22M
www.australasiansurvivalistguild.com
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 23 Oct 2013, 9:34 am

Beechy wrote:yeah, Its a well established business with current contracts. Cheers for the info. It will be interesting describing my 'genuine need' for a C firearm. A grumpy cop may not care that It takes a whole 2 seconds to work the bolt action....

From what you've described you have a legitimate reason so that should be that.

In my experience the problem with genuine reasons people write is that they turn it into a novel trying to cover every last detail and really convince the powders that be that they need it.

The reason on my license applications was "hunting", the end. Got my license a month later no questions asked.

Just stick to the facts and I can't see why you'd have a problem.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws