Guns & Drones

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Guns & Drones

Post by brett1868 » 22 May 2016, 7:56 pm

Seems it's legal to mount a firearm to a drone in NSW....Cool, 2 of my interests finally combined. The only legal way I can see in NSW is to mount a single shot rifle cause you can't shoot pistols anywhere except at a licensed range, we can't have semi auto rifles so that leaves having to use a full sized rifle cause we can't legally shorten them. I'm thinking a 20" U/O 12Ga would be fun :)

I suspect it's more the privacy Nazi's working with the anti gun nuts to create a bit of hysteria. Remote control guns in the air, think of the children and ban everything. I fly drones and I have guns, am I now a target for the tards in our government?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/drome-drama-headache-for-police-as-loophole-allowing-remotely-piloted-aircraft-to-carry-guns-exposed/news-story/a666197d194c387753a712713f19f35d#itm=newscomau%7Chome%7Cnca-homepage-topstories%7C5%7Clink%7Chomepage%7Chomepage&itmt=1463909742069
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Re: Guns & Drones

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 22 May 2016, 9:23 pm

"Now the state government has ­announced it will review the laws ­relating to the attachment of guns to drones amid police fears the technology could be exploited by criminals or terrorists"

What? Why the f*** would a criminal or a terrorists care if it was legal or not? Hahahaha
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 22 May 2016, 10:41 pm

"And, right up until the moment these remote-controlled weaponised drones fire on innocent people, they are completely legal."

So kind of like a knife, a hammer or an alligator then?

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by adam » 23 May 2016, 8:31 am

I fluked seeing this on covered on the TV last night - but the NSW commissioner (I believe it was) said that it was unlawful already under the current laws - so I wonder why so many media outlets are spraying the whole 'Shock horror: It's legal... " stories...

Then there was a quote from GCA saying something along the lines of "Our laws need to be altered to keep up with the changing technology and loophole".

So obviously someone doesn't have their facts right...

brett1868 wrote:I suspect it's more the privacy Nazi's working with the anti gun nuts to create a bit of hysteria. Remote control guns in the air, think of the children and ban everything.

Yup - I think you're right on the money there... it's a beef up to try and bring in more restrictions. This is all in the USA anyway - but once again we're already being irresponsible as LFO's here in Australia. :roll:

In saying that - if there is a legal loophole - I would have no objections with them closing that loophole. I don't see any reason for it to be legal - and all it would do is serve as evidence for GCA and the greens to come after someone after some idiot decides to try and do it here in Australia. But I see no reason to restrict laws further if it's already covered under the legislation.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by petemacsydney » 23 May 2016, 8:49 am

guns on drones... now that makes for an interesting FPV session!
_________
Are you ready for the Zombie apocalypse?
petemacsydney
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 May 2016, 8:53 am

Didn't The Professional Russian do a drone machine gun YouTube video ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by adam » 23 May 2016, 12:11 pm

Guns & Drones....

Sounds like a good sequel to Cowboys & Aliens. :lol:
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by VICHunter » 14 Dec 2016, 3:06 pm

Now the question is which drone is capable of lifting a 15kg .50BMG ;)
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 14 Dec 2016, 5:10 pm

Chronos wrote:"And, right up until the moment these remote-controlled weaponised drones fire on innocent people, they are completely legal."

So kind of like a knife, a hammer or an alligator then?

Chronos

Dunno if it's just me or not but I'd sure as hell love to see an alligator attached to a drone!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by ebr love » 15 Dec 2016, 10:10 am

Gunna need a bigger drone :lol:
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 15 Dec 2016, 12:29 pm

Dad how did the apolcolypse start.. well child it all started with this drone and a f***ing alligator!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 15 Dec 2016, 3:50 pm

Looks like typical local "journalism" nowadays. Look sh*t up on google, re-word it to look like it is happening here and put it out there. Don't worry about checking the facts, the morons that watch/read your crap don't care. They'll lap it up and go running around spreading it for you. If it's repeated often enough it becomes "fact".
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 15 Dec 2016, 5:04 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Looks like typical local "journalism" nowadays. Look sh*t up on google, re-word it to look like it is happening here and put it out there. Don't worry about checking the facts, the morons that watch/read your crap don't care. They'll lap it up and go running around spreading it for you. If it's repeated often enough it becomes "fact".

.....EVEN drone mounted alligators could become fact! :lol:
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 15 Dec 2016, 7:39 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Didn't The Professional Russian do a drone machine gun YouTube video ?

Well, that was fake of course :)

It's been done for real by civilians for at least ten years, also on Y tub.

I love the idea!

Of course, being men, the natural progression is that now we need to come up with the most spectacular way to shoot the SOB down! :D

;)

Drone loads:

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/02/drone-m ... mmunition/

Uranium loads:

http://www.luckygunner.com/12ga-3-urani ... n-5-rounds

I think we can do better than shotguns, though. I think we should have some sort of rocket or laser to knock the durn drone out the sky ya'll!
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Sender » 03 Jan 2017, 8:43 am

The ads are matched to the content off the page, and based on stuff you've looked at before.
Sender
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Bosbefok » 03 Jan 2017, 9:08 am

In all seriousness, I have been thinking of a drone to get some footage of my hunts, scenery and around camp etc.. Anybody have any experience with em? Thinking a parrot bebop at around $700.
Winchester 250 .22lr
Remington 673 .243
Remington Cld .25-06
Ruger Hawkeye ll .308
Rossi .44 mag
Bosbefok
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 03 Jan 2017, 9:24 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 03 Mar 2017, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by pomemax » 03 Jan 2017, 9:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg
I lke this idea if you could get it to fly higger and send to smart phone or tablet would be ok ( no flight controlls just an eye in the sky)
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws