"Friends of gun control" established in parliament

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

"Friends of gun control" established in parliament

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 04 Nov 2016, 6:16 am

Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: "Friends of gun control" established in parliament

Post by brett1868 » 04 Nov 2016, 7:08 am

Mr Alexander, a former professional tennis player and commentator
"I understand the need of people in regional areas [of Australia] to have certain types of rifles, but why would you need a gun in urban areas?"

My question to Mr Alexander...you don't need a Tennis racquet if you don't have a court in your backyard.

Pack of tards, the lot of em.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Deacon » 04 Nov 2016, 7:29 am

"based on facts and evidence" hey they finally listened :sarcasm:
Deacon
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by brett1868 » 04 Nov 2016, 7:37 am

How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Nov 2016, 10:40 am

The group was the idea of the Alannah & Madeline Foundation, the charity established by Walter Mikac to honour his daughters, aged six and three, who were among the 35 people killed by Martin Bryant at Port Arthur in 1996.

A letter to all MPs and senators sent on Thursday noted that 80 per cent of Australians support strong gun laws and debate should be "informed by evidence and facts".

What a surprise..... AMF.

I've said it before, and it might be a bit more clear now;

AMF is the threat - NOT GCA...

Why? Because the message of GCA is of nonsensical hysterics … Sham Lee can not be taken seriously by reasonably intelligent and rational people....

While AMF is a massive operation, WELL funded WIDE support with media leaders and 'celebrities' and driving a message of 'reduce the violence on children', Who can argue or disagree with that.....?? Then the gun control message takes a secondary importance in their message, like saying “oh... and we will help our cause, and make it a safer by pursuing some reasonable gun control measure.

AMF is a TROAN HORSE. They have built up their movement with the ONE SINGLE PURPOSE..

Gun control.

All the Teddy bears, the 'buddy bags', the anti- bullying message... has done one thing; allowed them to GROW, gain support, infiltrate the minds of kids through accessing schools and creating a platform from which they can be taken seriously (as wrong as that is)...

They can NOT be dismissed as readily as the GCA nut-house crew.... because “their doing good”

They are the threat.

They will provide unbiased information from experts on gun control, on gun control....contradiction in terms, the gun grabbers will advise on grabbing guns... are these people serious??

And now they proposed a gun control parliamentary friendship group, which needs support from MPs, and approval by......um.....what's his name..... ahhhh...

OH.... None other than the President of the Senate, Mr Stephen Parry.

So, on the basis that this group is proposed with the one purpose of reducing my access to legal firearms while conducting my legal activity of using firearms, I think a formal obection is in order here.... come in SSAA / SU.. this group is about supporting bigotry, defamatory BS, veritably 'unfriendly' and biased a group.

The Friends of Shooting group, c/-the pro-shooting side in Canberra has NOT been renewed this term, as yet...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by dpskipper » 04 Nov 2016, 12:30 pm

^^ +1

This. They are the real threat. Never let your guard down.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 04 Nov 2016, 12:48 pm

No one will reject them, no one has the balls or the power to do it, groups like this are the beginning of the end.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 04 Nov 2016, 2:01 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
The group was the idea of the Alannah & Madeline Foundation, the charity established by Walter Mikac to honour his daughters, aged six and three, who were among the 35 people killed by Martin Bryant at Port Arthur in 1996.

A letter to all MPs and senators sent on Thursday noted that 80 per cent of Australians support strong gun laws and debate should be "informed by evidence and facts".

What a surprise..... AMF.

I've said it before, and it might be a bit more clear now;

AMF is the threat - NOT GCA...

Why? Because the message of GCA is of nonsensical hysterics … Sham Lee can not be taken seriously by reasonably intelligent and rational people....

While AMF is a massive operation, WELL funded WIDE support with media leaders and 'celebrities' and driving a message of 'reduce the violence on children', Who can argue or disagree with that.....?? Then the gun control message takes a secondary importance in their message, like saying “oh... and we will help our cause, and make it a safer by pursuing some reasonable gun control measure.

AMF is a TROAN HORSE. They have built up their movement with the ONE SINGLE PURPOSE..

Gun control.

I had a fair bit of sympathy for Mr Mikac after Port Arthur , since I could own a Adler if I wanted one I resent the fact he would consider me a danger to society for owning an old fashioned lever action long arm.

The AMA (The Doctors Union) report nearly 3 people die every day from the drugs pharmacists like Mr Mikac peddle, perhaps he would save far more lives by sticking to what he knows instead of dog whistling about licensed firearm owners.
www.ama.com.au/gp-network-news/three-de ... n-medicine

Perhaps we should tell the AMF they would save far more lives by doing something about people overdosing on prescription drugs.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Nov 2016, 2:18 pm

It is absolute manipulation.... they get into the emotional space of people by using kids..and 'harm to the kids'... then strike at the guns...

Of course no one would go against them, you'd be painted as cruel and insensitive "What.. you want kids to be hurt??"

As far as kids harm with guns... I believe there is absolutely zero tenable link, there is a break down in age for mortality stats... I'll have to look into it.

As far as doing some good, my bugbear is suicide, how appallingly huge the problem is, and how these guys absolutely disregard suicide(all causes), and head straight for the guns, with are a statistically insignificant threat/danger... If they (along with their ilk) put their effort to that particular cause, they might actually achieve something constructive.... last year over 3,000 people took their own lives...

Mostly blokes... so guys... pick up the phone, talk to someone, pm someone... do anything.. please.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Heckler303 » 04 Nov 2016, 5:31 pm

GCA is a joke, we've established that a long while ago. It took me less than 30 minutes to take down their only video they spent pretty much all of their shart-covered pocket money making.

Makes me all warm and happy thinking of that :mrgreen:
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 04 Nov 2016, 8:21 pm

How you talk down their video haha?
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 04 Nov 2016, 9:24 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:It is absolute manipulation.... they get into the emotional space of people by using kids..and 'harm to the kids'... then strike at the guns...

Of course no one would go against them, you'd be painted as cruel and insensitive "What.. you want kids to be hurt??"

As far as kids harm with guns... I believe there is absolutely zero tenable link, there is a break down in age for mortality stats... I'll have to look into it.

As far as doing some good, my bugbear is suicide, how appallingly huge the problem is, and how these guys absolutely disregard suicide(all causes), and head straight for the guns, with are a statistically insignificant threat/danger... If they (along with their ilk) put their effort to that particular cause, they might actually achieve something constructive.... last year over 3,000 people took their own lives...

Mostly blokes... so guys... pick up the phone, talk to someone, pm someone... do anything.. please.

Well Said..... :thumbsup:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Heckler303 » 05 Nov 2016, 8:55 am

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:How you talk down their video haha?

They used copyrighted footage from Steve Lee, sent Steve a quick email notifying him of his footage being used, went back and notified GCA, then Stevie got Robert Borsack onto it. End result was GCA losing their only video.

You can read about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4772&p=74044#p74044
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by WatchyShooter » 19 May 2017, 6:58 pm

Articles from Nov 3, 2016

Glad This was ended when the Adler and commen sence prevailed

The letter to all parliamentarians from the Friends of Gun Control promises it will "make expert speakers available to members, senators and their staff, to ensure that the debate around gun control is informed by evidence and facts, and guided by the expectations and concerns of our communities".

Would love to Of seen those facts and evidence ;)
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 20 May 2017, 9:46 am

The point avoided or missed (conveniently) by those involved, as well as the commentators, is that the PREMISE of the group is to take away / end / stifle a FULLY legitimate, lawful, historic and lauded (medals at Ollie and Comms) activity .....

The infuriating thing is that these are known as 'Friendship groups'...... but the way they ATTACK LAFOs..... not a great deal of 'friendship' involved.

PARLIAMENTARY FRIENDS OF GUN CONTROL

The purpose of this group is to provide a forum for Members and Senators to meet and interact with experts and advocates on the effects of gun control measures.

Contact Persons:

The Hon Dr Andrew Leigh MP
Mr John Alexander MP
(Co-Chairs)

Note the bi-partisan nature of the chair
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Ed9362 » 20 May 2017, 6:19 pm

the AMF were at my local supermarket asking for donations to help protect children.

i very politely told them to get lost.
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bullzeye » 22 May 2017, 10:05 am

This guy loves the 'nanny state'. How sad
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales