Vic F/Arms Branch on the ball ? NOT

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Vic F/Arms Branch on the ball ? NOT

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Nov 2016, 11:33 pm

What a joke this is, and Victorian LAFO's are stuck with them.

Condensed version,,,,,

Three years ago my partner and I were travelling from Victoria to Queensland. (The first of several trips shifting furniture etc.)
Enroute my partner lost her purse which contained her Firearms Licence.
Doing the "right" thing she informed the Vic F/arms branch of the loss, (at the time she had one firearm in her name) and asked for a replacement license.
She explained that she still resided in Victoria but would eventually shift completely to Qld, and transfer her license to Qld.

She never received a replacement license. Instead, they sent her a threatening letter saying that they had cancelled her license, and because she was now illegally in possession of a firearm, she would be facing criminal charges and or a gaol term unless she handed in the firearm for destruction within 7 days.

She rang them and asked again for a replacement license so as to avoid the threatened action, and so that when she actually moved to Qld she could then just simply transfer to a Qld license.
They refused, and said a replacement license could not be issued because her license had been cancelled. (not by her I will add)

It took over 6 months of letters etc to HIGHER authorities, before she was eventually contacted by a "very nice person in a place of higher authority" who said the whole thing was a misunderstanding that should never have happened in the first instance.

Meanwhile I went via the Qld F/A branch and transferred her firearm into my name.

She then received a copy/replacement of her Vic license which was in turn transferred to a Qld license.
All the official paperwork was done, and finalized,,,,,,,,,,
But Oh No,,,,,,,

My partner has just been told that a letter arrived at her old address (from 3 years ago) and that letter is in fact from the Victorian F/Arms Branch.

Believe it or not,, it is a RENEWAL notice for her Victorian F/Arms license.

What a F*CKING JOKE.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Are they really that efficient ??? :sarcasm:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Vic F/Arms Branch on the ball ? NOT

Post by No1Mk3 » 17 Nov 2016, 4:14 am

In the last 12 to 18 months they have plummeted lower than whale poop. Basically since Tocock left and the new (3) replacements for him arrived, one of which has already jacked it in. Ask a few dealers and you will hear some doozies, but my own are only a wrong caliber on a Registration Cert, a wrong rifle on another, a wrong barrel length on a handgun Registration, a refusal to grant a PTA for a Chilean Mauser because I already had more than 3 7x57 rifles, had to ring and point out that it was on the Collectors Licence not the Shooters, which got "Oh, sorry, we didn't see the licence number". Only place left for them to go is the Marianas Trench, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by 99problems » 17 Nov 2016, 5:47 am

I've never had an issue, nor have any friends. I'm guessing there will always be some stuff ups, nothing is ever perfect. I am of the opinion that we Mexicans have it alright compared to other states.
99problems
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 17 Nov 2016, 7:08 am

So you had an address in QLD? They didnt believe the still resided in VIC??

Seems the benefit of the doubt NEVER favours the firearms owner. :thumbsdown:

Losing you piece of plastic doesnt mean you have lost your 'licence'... whats wrong with these people..

I've also had rego certificates issued to me incorrectly... one rifle came back as a Ruger M77, when it was a totally different make... I think the chambering was even different.... So I rang them up and said theres something wrong...I would NEVER buy a Rooga :lol:

I believe the Registry and licensing and registry (until disbanded anyway) should go the Vicroads to manage...the Police have a conflict of interest, in many respects, including their motivation being to REDUCE the number of firearms in the community (no distinction between licit/illicit).... and certainly NOT to encourage ot 'facilitate' an increase... that's clear.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 17 Nov 2016, 11:07 am

Lol I have problems all over my pink slips that you get when you register, pretty shocking to say the least.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by RealNick » 17 Nov 2016, 11:14 am

Die Judicii wrote:she was eventually contacted by a "very nice person in a place of higher authority" who said the whole thing was a misunderstanding that should never have happened in the first instance.

But no recompense for the 6 months they f***ed you around for of course.

Too s**ty.
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 19 May 2017, 5:30 pm

YES! we are stuck with them*

*for now....pending the current internal hopefully External IBAC investigation.... did someone say corruption??

Watch this space... or at least 'a' space... I suspect various matters will be raised including the highly SUS Geelong region firearm robbery that occurred DAYS after the 'random' inspection....... after decades of firearm possession at that address....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 19 May 2017, 8:22 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:YES! we are stuck with them*

*for now....pending the current internal hopefully External IBAC investigation.... did someone say corruption??

Watch this space... or at least 'a' space... I suspect various matters will be raised including the highly SUS Geelong region firearm robbery that occurred DAYS after the 'random' inspection....... after decades of firearm possession at that address....

Please explain.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 20 May 2017, 9:50 am

Oldbloke wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:YES! we are stuck with them*

Please explain.

There is a CURRENT investigation... presently 'internal' into LRD....... CORRUPTION....(et al) this coinciding with the highly suspicious Geelong firearm robbery days after a random inspection, after years of safe uninterrupted storage....

That bit?
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Return to Victorian gun laws