Word on the Adler...

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Word on the Adler...

Post by Browning » 09 Dec 2016, 2:57 pm

Have just read on the ABC app that 7 shot is going to Cat D and 5 shot to Cat B...
Last edited by Browning on 09 Dec 2016, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Word on the Adler...

Post by Browning » 09 Dec 2016, 3:00 pm

These were some of Turnbulls words:

"Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said this was the first time the National Firearms Agreement had been strengthened "in this way" in 20 years.

"It continues Australia's strong approach to the regulation of firearms," he said.

"It reflects detailed discussions with all jurisdictions and stakeholders."

I call BS on that last comment...
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 09 Dec 2016, 3:04 pm

Browning wrote:Have just read on the ABC app that 7 shot is going to Cat D and 5 shotto Cat B...

Confirmed by Aus Firearms Lobby as well but not in force as yet because the firearms act needs to be amended.

I'm hoping this backfires on the tards and any 5 shot "Rapid Fire" firearm becomes Cat B cause I'd love an AK47 even if restricted to 5 shot mags :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 09 Dec 2016, 3:12 pm

No conflict of interest here, sure there isn't... :sarcasm:

Patron of the Alannah & Madeline foundation and wtf does firearm legislation have to do with their charity??

AMF_Patron.JPG
AMF_Patron.JPG (27.76 KiB) Viewed 6530 times
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by albat » 09 Dec 2016, 3:13 pm

What about the mag conversion to 7 rounds is that now cat d when you do that
Last edited by albat on 09 Dec 2016, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 09 Dec 2016, 3:17 pm

So pump shotties will now be available on catB as well???
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Dec 2016, 8:21 pm

good now we can allget over this BS and focus again on the bigger picture. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Dec 2016, 8:46 pm

Gwion wrote:So pump shotties will now be available on catB as well???

I hope so. Now they can return mine. I have missed it for the last 20 years . :sarcasm:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 09 Dec 2016, 9:14 pm

What about my lever BB gun? Is it now a certified W.M.D?
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by sakoBC » 10 Dec 2016, 9:31 am

Iconic brands that failed to see their own demise coming:

Kodak – invented the digital camera in 1975, but believed that the future was film
Blockbuster – turned down a partnership deal with the founder of Netflix
Liberal Nationals – became the conservative arm of the Labor/Greens party
Australian Labor Party – became the left wing of the Liberal Nationals

The lesson here? Vote for a minor party that will support your sport, passion, hobby. The big stuff will take care of itself, but it is clear that LAFOs will continue to be persecuted by the main parties.
sakoBC
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 Dec 2016, 9:52 am

any day now....

the "gun lobby" should now put all their effort into agreeing with the rapid-fire-ness of the Lever shotties (now that particular horse has bolted, once laws are changed anyway) and push for semis and pumps to be likewise classified, for, you know, 'consistency' ....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by scotty87 » 10 Dec 2016, 10:07 am

Bob Katter has described the Adler outcome as a Christmas present for the minor parties, hopefully we get some back downs somewhere for them to get it through.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Dec 2016, 4:41 pm

Hopefully heard the last of this debacle, but who knows what is next on the hit list. had a 5 shot bolt action 12 guage shotgun back in the 70's, shortened via hack saw and file that made a great short range pig and Buffalo gun, but that passed into obscurity, as the authorities seemed intent on destroying my beautiful Browning A5 auto instead. As Albert Einstein once said " the only difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits". It makes me a little nervous as to what will happen down the track.
Member-Deleted

Post by doc » 14 Dec 2016, 5:18 pm

This is a sad outcome, not limited to firearm owners, but for Australians in General and it has little to do with anyone wanting to use an Adler gun.

Certain parties and people patting themselves on the back resting in the comfort that all the effort, energy and time spent focusing on this issue has created a safer country for all.

The reality:

- They have managed to turn the focus away from criminals onto a distraction.

- They have given the community a false sense of security that they've done something actively to protect them.

- And probably worse of all - they have proven to me that this decision - which is supposedly based for the security and safety of the people of this nation are based on fads, and false information - not on logic or real evidence. Do they make other decisions based on our security and safety using similar methods?
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by doc » 14 Dec 2016, 5:21 pm

aradoar234 wrote:Hopefully heard the last of this debacle.

You will never hear the end. Like most people who support a cause without a clue... Passion and emotion without wisdom and sound logic. They do it more for themselves to fill there need to make a difference than they do for the real good of others. These people will never be satisfied. You could ban every gun in Australia. They would celebrate today, and then say "It's not enough" tomorrow - searching for the next cause that needs their help.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by BluEsky » 28 Feb 2017, 4:57 pm

:wtf: :shock: What is it with Rhodes Scholars? :? Did Australia get all the Anti Gun ones? :o I was led to believe that these educated scholars based their conclusions on facts and Not on unsubstantiated emotive dribble! ;) They both still sing from the same Old Hymn Book that Howard used. :roll: Abbotts lack of Wisdom to Ban the Lever Action Adler Shotgun, while stupid, paled when you compare it to the lame defence offered by the self proclaimed "The Keeper of The Legacy" :shock:

:evil: :shock: .
Attachments
Rear-view-of-John-Howard-with-outline-of-what-appea-5666117.jpg
Rear-view-of-John-Howard-with-outline-of-what-appea-5666117.jpg (55.75 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
Last edited by BluEsky on 06 Mar 2017, 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Feb 2017, 5:27 pm

I'll be replacing the one that was stolen off me by JH in 1996 if that's the case.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Feb 2017, 7:20 pm

BluEsky wrote::wtf: :shock: What is it with Rhodes Scholars? :? Did Australia get all the Anti Gun ones? :o I was led to believe that these educated scholars based their conclusions on facts and Not on unsubstantiated emotive dribble! ;) They both still sing from the same Old Hymn Book that Howard used. :roll: Abbotts lack Wisdom to Ban while stupid, paled when you compare it to the lame defence offered by the self proclaimed "The Keeper of The Legacy" :shock:

:evil: :shock: .

Rhodes Scholars....... yes. we have 'learned' through repetition... through the education and media that a 'Rhodes scholar' is this and that....but once you actually understand who old cecil was, who his circle of friends were, what the objective of the scholarship was.....well, there were reasons to bring in a certain number of 'brains' from all corners of the empire.... teach them a few things and send them back to their dark corners....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by wrenchman » 01 Mar 2017, 2:51 pm

it would be good to see you guys get your pump back the 870 pump is my go to gun
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Noisydad » 01 Mar 2017, 3:31 pm

wrenchman wrote:it would be good to see you guys get your pump back the 870 pump is my go to gun

In the '96 theft I had to hand in an 870 SPS camo synthetic stock . Best shotty I ever owned. It fitted me perfectly straight from the box and I shot pretty well with it and used it for everything. It was replaced with two others - one for clay targets (never shot with it as well as the Remy) and a Mossberg bolt action for ute work.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 02 Mar 2017, 7:48 am

i have both the 500 mossberg and the rem 870 my son is a lefty and shoots the mossberg the 870 is a much slicker action but the 500 is a working mans brute of a gun
the best way to start a fight in a shot gun forum over here is ask what is better 870 or the 500 both are well made.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Noisydad » 02 Mar 2017, 10:16 am

Lol I traded a Mossberg 500 in to buy the 870. Found the Mossberg owners manual this week. I always thought you stuff a dead tomcat in the action of the mossy and still not jam it.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by BluEsky » 03 Mar 2017, 2:48 pm

:o :shock: :evil: It has not long passed the anniversary of the printing these words by some no- name editor. A Reminder for all to never forget what they think of You. ;) :wtf:

:evil: :crazy: .
Attachments
all the text.png
all the text.png (219.63 KiB) Viewed 5295 times
Last edited by BluEsky on 05 Mar 2017, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gun-nut » 03 Mar 2017, 4:22 pm

BluEsky wrote::o :shock: :evil: It has not long passed the anniversary of the printing these words by some no- name editor. A Reminder for all to never forget what they think off You. ;) :wtf:

:evil: :crazy: .

f*** me sideways, that is one cancerous newspaper article! They actually called it a mass murdering weapon...I can't even comprehend the amount of brain cells I lost just by reading that s**t.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by albat » 03 Mar 2017, 5:33 pm

Alot has changed on the political landscape since that muppet dribbled that BS , half his fookun readers have started voting elsewhere after abbot and abbot with a top hat
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by BluEsky » 05 Mar 2017, 11:32 am

albat wrote:Alot has changed on the political landscape since that muppet dribbled that BS , half his fookun readers have started voting elsewhere after abbot and abbot with a top hat

:( Political faces have changed yes, but the same Political ideology's hand is still up the Media Glove Puppets, :o :shock: and still dictates what they print, for this to be printed in a major Sydney paper in this manner, just proves they consider the people involved in the Shooting Sports to be Second Class Citizens and fair game, and are to be vilified and denigrated at every opportunity :evil:
The brains trust for this States input to COAG has departed or will very soon :D :clap: What and who will they offer up next? :roll:

:unknown: Is this the JH Legacy that Mal is on about or just another Platitude? :roll: Looks like it's full of holes? :shock:

. :crazy: ..
Attachments
thCAOQSH9X.jpg
thCAOQSH9X.jpg (9.54 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 10 Mar 2017, 2:16 pm

. :shock: :wtf: Is This what they have planed for the Adler? Who Knows what some Crazy States Will Do to appease the Anti Gun clique to maintain the power to Rule? They have Proved that Decisions are NOT made on Logic or Facts!! :thumbsdown:

:wtf: :o .
Attachments
AAkkhZd.jpg
AAkkhZd.jpg (44.13 KiB) Viewed 5185 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Queensland gun laws