NSW DPI R Licence quick approval

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

NSW DPI R Licence quick approval

Post by scotty87 » 09 Dec 2016, 6:03 pm

Just wanted to post a positive experience with the licencing process. Applied on Wednesday on my tablet for my NSW R licence, used the camera to upload all supporting documentation. Had a response immediately saying it was under review then late Thursday afternoon was issued an interim permit until the physical copy arrives, was very pleased with the online service.

So I could be hunting this weekemd, if only I had the time!

Hardest part of the whole process was finding an approved trainer to sit the test with, but that was just cos I couldn't find anywhere to do it in QLD.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: NSW DPI R Licence quick approval

Post by Sam45 » 09 Dec 2016, 7:36 pm

scotty87 wrote:Just wanted to post a positive experience with the licencing process. Applied on Wednesday on my tablet for my NSW R licence, used the camera to upload all supporting documentation. Had a response immediately saying it was under review then late Thursday afternoon was issued an interim permit until the physical copy arrives, was very pleased with the online service.

Hardest part of the whole process was finding an approved trainer to sit the test with, but that was just cos I couldn't find anywhere to do it in QLD.

Awesome stuff :thumbsup: Now where did you go to do it ? I'm Gold Coast based and want to get mine,
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Dec 2016, 8:19 pm

how much does it all cost?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 10 Dec 2016, 7:34 am

bigfellascott wrote:how much does it all cost?

Just renewd mine from memory its about 70 bucks a year cheaper if you do it for more years been some years but i think th r rs a small fee to do the test
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by albat » 10 Dec 2016, 7:44 am

Sam45 wrote:
scotty87 wrote:Just wanted to post a positive experience with the licencing process. Applied on Wednesday on my tablet for my NSW R licence, used the camera to upload all supporting documentation. Had a response immediately saying it was under review then late Thursday afternoon was issued an interim permit until the physical copy arrives, was very pleased with the online service.

Awesome stuff :thumbsup: Now where did you go to do it ? I'm Gold Coast based and want to get mine,

Hey sam45 if you are on the goldy then go to sporting shooters ipswich they run the course i do work for those guys on their premises every month or so great set of blokes very helpful and curteous i can give you the name of the bloke you need to talk to if you pm me thx
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by scotty87 » 10 Dec 2016, 7:46 am

Sam45 wrote:

I drove down to Coffs and had a weekend away, I emailed SSAA Coffs Harbour and they put me in touch with the bloke.

I reckon you should be able to find someone around tweed or Byron area try emailing or ringing the ranges around that way, test is so easy I really don't know why it's not just online.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Dec 2016, 8:01 am

albat wrote:

Just renewd mine from memory its about 70 bucks a year cheaper if you do it for more years been some years but i think th r rs a small fee to do the test

Cheers mate, might have to suss it out a bit more (plenty of SF around my joint and wouldn't mind going for a armed bushwalk in em. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Dec 2016, 8:13 am

Found a heap of these in em this winter just gone, there were tracks literally every few mtrs anywhere I looked.

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 10 Dec 2016, 8:18 am

bigfellascott wrote:
albat wrote:

Cheers mate, might have to suss it out a bit more (plenty of SF around my joint and wouldn't mind going for a armed bushwalk in em. :D

Yes bigfella it can be hard going in those woods the scrub is dense especially in the higher areas you wont be shooting much past a 50 metres so take ya 308 but be careful of that nice timber might look like a pallet after 2 trips :lol:
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Dec 2016, 9:06 am

albat wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
albat wrote:

Yes bigfella it can be hard going in those woods the scrub is dense especially in the higher areas you wont be shooting much past a 50 metres so take ya 308 but be careful of that nice timber might look like a pallet after 2 trips :lol:

Lots of Pine Plantations in my neck of the woods and don't worry about the wood mate, I expect it to be rooted sooner than later and it don't worry me one little bit to be honest, battle scars are permanent memories as far as I'm concerned. I was actually considering putting a diff stock on it B&C of some sort I think, seen one on a sako that looked good so might go that way yet and keep the wood in good condition and drop it back on it if I go to sell it one day?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Sam45 » 10 Dec 2016, 8:41 pm

albat wrote:
Sam45 wrote:

Hey sam45 if you are on the goldy then go to sporting shooters ipswich they run the course i do work for those guys on their premises every month or so great set of blokes very helpful and curteous i can give you the name of the bloke you need to talk to if you pm me thx

Awesome stuff man, will send you a pm. :thumbsup:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sam45 » 12 Dec 2016, 9:27 am

All booked in for Jan 7 on the Gold Coast at Southport. Cost is $20 per person for SSAA members.
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by albat » 12 Dec 2016, 8:01 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Found a heap of these in em this winter just gone, there were tracks literally every few mtrs anywhere I looked.

If those things are from the piliga area nsw it might be a yowie or the piliga princess !!
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to New South Wales gun laws