Do you have to use pre-printed forms for new application

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Do you have to use pre-printed forms for new application

Post by 308cool » 04 Jan 2017, 12:24 am

Hi,
Is it required that you use the requested pre-printed forms on the firearms registry site to apply for a new licence or can you just use a blank form and fill it out as I have not received the pre-filled forms requested a month ago. This is in NSW
Cheers
- Browing X-Bolt .25-06 / Meopta Meopro 4-12x50
308cool
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Do you have to use pre-printed forms for new application

Post by Archie » 04 Jan 2017, 8:44 am

Can you even get a proper, unmarked blank form? On the NSW FAR website, there's a "sample" form, marked with a watermark, and then there's the "form to get a form", but I don't think there is actually a blank form. I know when I got mine, I was explicitly told you needed to either ring or use the website to request a form be mailed to you.

As I said to a friend who was applying the other day, the whole process seems designed to make every step just that little bit more annoying and time-consuming than it actually needs to be, presumably so you give up.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 04 Jan 2017, 12:21 pm

Archie wrote:
the whole process seems designed to make every step just that little bit more annoying and time-consuming than it actually needs to be, presumably so you give up.

you worked it out then try going for H class A/B is Easy as
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by 308cool » 04 Jan 2017, 1:13 pm

Archie wrote:Can you even get a proper, unmarked blank form? On the NSW FAR website, there's a "sample" form, marked with a watermark, and then there's the "form to get a form", but I don't think there is actually a blank form. I know when I got mine, I was explicitly told you needed to either ring or use the website to request a form be mailed to you.

As I said to a friend who was applying the other day, the whole process seems designed to make every step just that little bit more annoying and time-consuming than it actually needs to be, presumably so you give up.

I was able to pick-up an unwatermarked form at the firearm safety course the other day, but he was just showing me what it looks like etc, so I wasn't sure wether I could use it as my actual application. However I just got a reply from the firearms registry saying that they just sent it then so it will be another 7 working days... so I'll just wait for that.
Cheers
- Browing X-Bolt .25-06 / Meopta Meopro 4-12x50
308cool
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Bourt » 15 Feb 2017, 12:38 pm

Archie wrote:As I said to a friend who was applying the other day, the whole process seems designed to make every step just that little bit more annoying and time-consuming than it actually needs to be, presumably so you give up.

Absolutely :thumbsdown:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to New South Wales gun laws