Licensed cancelled instead of valid reason removed

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Licensed cancelled instead of valid reason removed

Post by Cexitime » 22 Jan 2017, 6:20 pm

Hi all,

First time poster, hopefully someone here can offer some advice on how to proceed,

I did something stupid and tried to get a new valid reason added to my license, then later decided I didn't need that reason so asked NSW register to cancel that reason only, except today I found out they cancelled my entire license which I didn't want them to do, now I still have my rifles at my place, is there a way to get them to reinstate my old license with the original conditions that were stated on the license, or am I totally screwed and should expect them to come knocking and take my guns any day now?
Cexitime
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Sigh cancelled license

Post by Wylie27 » 23 Jan 2017, 8:35 am

Call the FAR..

They will help you out.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pete1 » 23 Jan 2017, 8:38 am

Just have to call them and sort it out. Id sign the guns into a mayes name or store them at the dealer to save further complications or a firearms offence.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 23 Jan 2017, 12:53 pm

You'll have to do the legwork (they won't go about fixing their mistake) but it should be straight forward enough to get it reinstated.

Assuming everything is as you've explained you have a paper trailer requesting removal of one reason, not the cancellation of the license.

Stay on top of them on the phone and hopefully you're back in shape in a few weeks.

About the guns you've got, putting them with a dealer is definitely an option. Call first though before you go fork out cash for that, get an answer from FAR and record names, dates, times, call reference(??) and everything else so you can quote it back if someone suggests something to the contrary.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to New South Wales gun laws