Tell Pauline what her new firearms policy should be.

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Tell Pauline what her new firearms policy should be.

Post by Gun-nut » 04 Feb 2017, 12:36 pm

One Nation are changing their firearms policy, its very likely that they will be changed to benefit law abiding firearm owners. None the less we should send in submissions for what we want to see. With ON gaining a lot of traction in QLD and other states, this may be one of the best chances we have.

http://justinlukeauthor.blogspot.com.au ... y.html?m=1

It's an interesting read, and Pauline has been openly pro gun in the past, but has wisely kept a neutral stance on firearms recently to avoid heat from the media. Now that she has gained a lot of support, this might change and for the better.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Tell Pauline what her new firearms policy should be.

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm

I've said this before...oh choir.. but 'back in the day'....little ol'Pauline was one of the very few, possibly the ONLY voice of dissent AGAINST the 1996 steamroller of 'consensus' for the little Jonnie's 96 society saving laws.... think about that - THEN think about the SFFP Bobby Brown on SBS going toe to toe with lil'jonnie....AND SELLING OUT AUSSIE SHOOTERS WITH HIS "WE DONT NEED SEMI AUTO KILLING MACHINES' NONSENSE.

Pauline's One nation has a current firearm policy of 'keep it as-is'.... [just quietly the current one is necessary to not scare aware punters]

I hope Pauline reverts to the Jonnie was a treasonous coque 'you cant take our guns' policy...

This Justin Luke - WTF is the relevance to WW2 Nazi crap?
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 04 Feb 2017, 5:04 pm

<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 04 Feb 2017, 5:31 pm

I can tell you from personal experience, and a message from my Nation, you will fail.

And then you will fail another hundred times. Perhaps a decade before you finally consider giving up.

That's what it takes. A lot of failure. And if you stick with it, you will win. And once you start to win, it will snowball. You will transform your nation in your lifetime, and leave it to your children and grandchildren.

Do not be discouraged. You must fight and lose over and over.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government – every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation. The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Why does Australia have so many dead and no Liberty? Because they haven't seen what you are bringing to the table in some time. And that is changing.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gun-nut » 04 Feb 2017, 10:13 pm

Title_II wrote:I can tell you from personal experience, and a message from my Nation, you will fail.

And then you will fail another hundred times. Perhaps a decade before you finally consider giving up.

That's what it takes. A lot of failure. And if you stick with it, you will win. And once you start to win, it will snowball. You will transform your nation in your lifetime, and leave it to your children and grandchildren.

Do not be discouraged. You must fight and lose over and over.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government – every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation. The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Why does Australia have so many dead and no Liberty? Because they haven't seen what you are bringing to the table in some time. And that is changing.

Unfortunately for us, its been 20 long decades, Aussie shooters have been very slow to get of their arses and get motivated. Only recently have I begun to see change, politically and in shooters themselves. Our sport is growing rapidly, many of these shooters are becoming fed up with the media and politicians, well its been about DAMN TIME! We have the greatest advantage of all, numbers. We just got to get motivated and fast. The anti's know their losing ground and are ramping up the pressure. We need to do the same.

And I agree, it is highly unfortunate how many of our ancestors have shed blood for this country over the decades from foreign enemy, only for this country, today to be attacked from within and for the enemy to try to undo everything they fought so hard to protect.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Feb 2017, 4:51 am

I don't know how I feel about the Military type Semi Auto's anymore? I'm a bit in two minds about them too be honest. Sadly there are plenty of retarded ****** out there that would no doubt use them in a manner which would not do us any favours at all and may well make things a lot worse than they are today - It's a hard one to figure out alright.

The can certainly piss off the registry (its a white elephant) I'm not overly concerned about the safe side of things, they can stay locked up in that but they can certainly ease up on some of the tiny infringements people make that see them loosing their licenses and firearms etc.

Don't really care either way about silences (do or don't have em I don't care) I certainly wouldn't be shelling out $100's of $$$ to own one, I'd rather spend the $$ on another rifle if I needed one than spend it on making a little less noise personally.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 05 Feb 2017, 8:00 am

bigfellascott wrote:I don't know how I feel about the Military type Semi Auto's anymore? I'm a bit in two minds about them too be honest. Sadly there are plenty of retarded ****** out there that would no doubt use them in a manner which would not do us any favours at all and may well make things a lot worse than they are today - It's a hard one to figure out alright.

The can certainly piss off the registry (its a white elephant) I'm not overly concerned about the safe side of things, they can stay locked up in that but they can certainly ease up on some of the tiny infringements people make that see them loosing their licenses and firearms etc.

Don't really care either way about silences (do or don't have em I don't care) I certainly wouldn't be shelling out $100's of $$$ to own one, I'd rather spend the $$ on another rifle if I needed one than spend it on making a little less noise personally.

The problem starts when you talk about 'Military type' as opposed to.... others? say with a 'civilised' type timber stock..... WHEN THEY HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME OPERATION......apart from the fact that most? militaries would use a SELECT fire model....

...and the magazine capacity.... "Limit to 5 or 10 rounds..... to SAVE humanity from the ravages of out of control gun crimes" the stupidist desperate attempt to 'pull one over' the masses.... we got it for pistols after the "Monash university" mascara....apart from BANNING nationwide every pistol that the perp DID NOT use.... mags are limited to 10rounds.... he probably didnt even fire more than 5 shots!!! (per pistol).....(plus he was found not guilty... small detail)

Then theres the matter of "I have no need for one".... when a shooter mouths that bunch a famous last words.... you know the grabtards have won....

IN MY HUMBLEST OF HUMBLE OPINIONS.....

OUR FIREARM LICENSING SYSTEM IS PERFECTLY FINE.

.... in that prohibited individuals are PREVENTED FROM OWNING FIREARM.

Everything else can probably go....

SO.....once you have proven you are responsible, bone fide, operate within the terms of 'lawfulness'

- you should be permitted to own a firearm. PERIOD.

1-No class
2-No Category
3-No magazine limit
4-No barrel length
5-No calibre or chambering restriction.

and most importantly, once an individual is confirmed to be 'fit to own a firearm';

6-NO GENUINE REASON. (this will effectively remove the treasonous prohibition on owning arms for one's defence!!!)

For those who intend to do harm to others.... the prohibition on auto and semi auto firearm, pistol mag limits, barrel length minimums, ammunition purchase controls, permits to acquire, prohibition on private firearm transfers.... are NOT stopping them.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by jaydos » 05 Feb 2017, 8:20 am

well said genesis!
In a perfect world I am of the opinion that they should make the process of getting a license a little bit more harder, however once you have the license you should be able to own what you like(with the exception of fully automatic weapons which in my opinion have no place outside of military operations).

It does worry me that the only people that seem to be standing up for shooters are parties like one nation. remember to look at their other policies before deciding to support/vote for any particular party. Same with the LNP in QLD, those grubs will say anything to get back into office, not for one second do i believe that they would relax any laws relating to gun ownership should they gain power.
thats my 2cents anyway . :)
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Feb 2017, 8:31 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I don't know how I feel about the Military type Semi Auto's anymore? I'm a bit in two minds about them too be honest. Sadly there are plenty of retarded ****** out there that would no doubt use them in a manner which would not do us any favours at all and may well make things a lot worse than they are today - It's a hard one to figure out alright.

The problem starts when you talk about 'Military type' as opposed to.... others? say with a 'civilised' type timber stock..... WHEN THEY HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME OPERATION......apart from the fact that most? militaries would use a SELECT fire model....

...and the magazine capacity.... "Limit to 5 or 10 rounds..... to SAVE humanity from the ravages of out of control gun crimes" the stupidist desperate attempt to 'pull one over' the masses.... we got it for pistols after the "Monash university" mascara....apart from BANNING nationwide every pistol that the perp DID NOT use.... mags are limited to 10rounds.... he probably didnt even fire more than 5 shots!!! (per pistol).....(plus he was found not guilty... small detail)

Then theres the matter of "I have no need for one".... when a shooter mouths that bunch a famous last words.... you know the grabtards have won....

IN MY HUMBLEST OF HUMBLE OPINIONS.....

OUR FIREARM LICENSING SYSTEM IS PERFECTLY FINE.

.... in that prohibited individuals are PREVENTED FROM OWNING FIREARM.

Everything else can probably go....

SO.....once you have proven you are responsible, bone fide, operate within the terms of 'lawfulness'

- you should be permitted to own a firearm. PERIOD.

1-No class
2-No Category
3-No magazine limit
4-No barrel length
5-No calibre or chambering restriction.

and most importantly, once an individual is confirmed to be 'fit to own a firearm';

6-NO GENUINE REASON. (this will effectively remove the treasonous prohibition on owning arms for one's defence!!!)

For those who intend to do harm to others.... the prohibition on auto and semi auto firearm, pistol mag limits, barrel length minimums, ammunition purchase controls, permits to acquire, prohibition on private firearm transfers.... are NOT stopping them.

Yes they can do away with all the BS for sure, you are either ok to have a firearm or you aren't - that simple

And yes agree that you can't stop someone from doing harm to anyone else, plenty of people are harmed using all manner of things everyday. For me as I said I have 0 interest in semi auto or full auto for that matter, never had a fascination for any of them same as pistols to me, got zero use for one of those either (hence why I don't own any) used em all but zero interest in em. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 05 Feb 2017, 1:00 pm

A vast majority of shootings in the us are handgun shootings not ar15's and occur most prevalently in states with the strictest firearm laws, i agree with genesis93 you have a licence you should be able to purchase any firearm you wish , you have already been deemed to be a responsible person by the government of the day, the licencing system here is first class as it is
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 05 Feb 2017, 1:36 pm

Although we're not talking about the USA example... I have covered elsewhere that the official Government data does not provide a figure of deaths with AR15 use, but rifles are in the hundreds.... thats all rifles single shot, 22, centrefire, semi auto, full auto.... so semi autos may account for a few dozen...perhaps 3 (three!) of the 10,000 odd (can't recall the most recent figure) firearm murders in the USA....

Of course if you listen to the prestitutes (as most people do) you would surely believe the AR15 was responsible (itself with no human interaction even!) for MOST of the murder in the US....

OF COURSE AR15s had grown legs and were killing countless peeps right up until lil'jonnie saved us....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 05 Feb 2017, 3:51 pm

Your data is accurate as far as general conversation goes, but you you are missing something about full auto. Only one person is known to have been murdered with registered full auto in the US since 1934, and the murder was committed by a cop. There is a possibility there was one other murder but that was never determined.

Now, OK, but what about illegal full auto? We had a brief spike in crime during the second half of the 80s and the early 90s, although the trend in murders was still downward since the 60s as it is today. More people were killed with full auto on the TV show Miami Vice than were killed with illegal full auto in the entire country during the same timeframe. I believe Miami (which the show was about) did not have a single killing with illegal full auto during that period. However, the media, and politically appointed police chiefs, called every gun they ever found a machinegun. Heck, 30 years later, they found a .22 in Jersey recently and called it a machinegun. They don't care, it's an agenda.

I have a feeling some of you may have heard of former New York City mayor bloomberg. Big gun control freak. He was in charge of the 5 boroughs, and the largest police force on the entire planet. I'm only speculating here, but probably more cops than in Australia. And, of course, he is an anti as you may know. He wanted to have a news conference pushing for gun control and bring an AK-47 to scare people. Not necessarily a full auto, just anything that looked like an AK. He had hundreds of police districts comb through their evidence rooms to find one for his conference and there was not a single one. He had to borrow one from a licensed gun dealer to show the menace that was "terrorizing the streets."
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 05 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm

haha... when I started reading your post about the full auto death(s).. I actually though hang on, Miami Vice and the crime drug cartel genre that followed 'taught' us that full Auto Uzi and AKs (mostly Uzis though!!) were responsible for killing... well...probably millions of American, though mostly Russians, Cubans, Colombians and Italians, at least by the accent of the yelps as they received a decent serving of 9mm and 30cal medicine....

The sad reality is that most of the sheeple, and there is no other way to describe them....can not distinguish between Hollywood and reality.... and that is the problem.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by deye243 » 05 Feb 2017, 11:27 pm

the main thing I want gone is this lose every thing for the simplest infraction

s**t a 22 round not locked up should be warning or a fine lets face it you speed

in the most lethal weapon in this country and all you get in a $250 fine they don't

take ya licence and all you cars .

and as for all this bull s**t of lacking up ammo while on the road is crap .
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 06 Feb 2017, 6:17 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:haha... when I started reading your post about the full auto death(s).. I actually though hang on, Miami Vice and the crime drug cartel genre that followed 'taught' us that full Auto Uzi and AKs (mostly Uzis though!!) were responsible for killing... well...probably millions of American, though mostly Russians, Cubans, Colombians and Italians, at least by the accent of the yelps as they received a decent serving of 9mm and 30cal medicine....

The sad reality is that most of the sheeple, and there is no other way to describe them....can not distinguish between Hollywood and reality.... and that is the problem.

The southern Italians love their AKs. Current weapon of choice.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by albat » 06 Feb 2017, 6:33 am

This is where pauline hanson is on guns , she is getting a pistol licence! Very interesting interview, take the time to watch for all the politics of australian gun control https://youtu.be/uSxJ7Pr3TR8
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Feb 2017, 9:06 am

deye243 wrote:the main thing I want gone is this lose every thing for the simplest infraction

s**t a 22 round not locked up should be warning or a fine lets face it you speed

in the most lethal weapon in this country and all you get in a $250 fine they don't

The whole system, how its geared toward the licensed owned is a farce.... it was a year ago?? in Vic that a chick was pulled over with a BOX on the passenger seat with assorted UNREGISTERED firearms....long story short no conviction - she claimed they were NOT hers... If it was a registered firearm, the registered owner was driving, and he/she inadvertently left a round in the mag say.... book - thrown....

Note that our great socialist chairman, Danny-tse-tung Andrews changed the laws on account of that such that you need to PROVE the firearm is not your if you are in possession..... possession would even include if the arm is ON your private property, say a crim holds up a liquor store, flees past your place, tosses the sawed-off rapid fire double barrel over YOUR fence, into your yard.... guess what.

YOU are the proud possessor of that shotty according to the current law of the state....prove it was NOT yours and you DIDNT hold up that store....

Add to that the insult of Vicpol ACTIVELY -NOT- chasing perpetrators....

What a joke our system is, but as a certain author wrote 70odd years ago;

Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbours, films, football, beer, and above all, gambling, filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gun-nut » 06 Feb 2017, 4:41 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
deye243 wrote:the main thing I want gone is this lose every thing for the simplest infraction

The whole system, how its geared toward the licensed owned is a farce.... it was a year ago?? in Vic that a chick was pulled over with a BOX on the passenger seat with assorted UNREGISTERED firearms....long story short no conviction - she claimed they were NOT hers... If it was a registered firearm, the registered owner was driving, and he/she inadvertently left a round in the mag say.... book - thrown....

Note that our great socialist chairman, Danny-tse-tung Andrews changed the laws on account of that such that you need to PROVE the firearm is not your if you are in possession..... possession would even include if the arm is ON your private property, say a crim holds up a liquor store, flees past your place, tosses the sawed-off rapid fire double barrel over YOUR fence, into your yard.... guess what.

YOU are the proud possessor of that shotty according to the current law of the state....prove it was NOT yours and you DIDNT hold up that store....

Add to that the insult of Vicpol ACTIVELY -NOT- chasing perpetrators....

What a joke our system is, but as a certain author wrote 70odd years ago;

Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbours, films, football, beer, and above all, gambling, filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult.

A lot of state elections coming, now is the time to make a change.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Jandamurra » 10 Feb 2017, 2:16 pm

jaydos wrote:well said genesis!
In a perfect world I am of the opinion that they should make the process of getting a license a little bit more harder
What good would that do?
, however once you have the license you should be able to own what you like(with the exception of fully automatic weapons which in my opinion have no place outside of military operations).

It does worry me that the only people that seem to be standing up for shooters are parties like one nation. remember to look at their other policies before deciding to support/vote for any particular party. Same with the LNP in QLD, those grubs will say anything to get back into office, not for one second do i believe that they would relax any laws relating to gun ownership should they gain power.
thats my 2cents anyway . :)
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Jandamurra » 10 Feb 2017, 2:22 pm

Losing everything for the slightest infraction is made possible by the FAR's. They have to go, all of them, sem-and full auto, handguns, everything, though I'd be happy enough for the time being if it was only CAT A/B.
As long as the government and police know everything you have got on your license, you're a sitting duck.
Even if there is a big loosening of regs in response to political change, if the FAR's are not removed, all the anti's have to do is wait for the wheel of fortune to turn around again.
Git rid of the bloody FAR's!
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Return to Queensland gun laws