Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 06 Apr 2017, 6:27 am

Damn you Siri.. why would you change it to erection! Lol
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by ethanboris » 02 May 2017, 10:48 am

Jandamurra wrote:I find it really disappointing that the SFFP is on the fracking bandwagon. Not that I'd ever vote for the Greens but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

We supported the ban on fracking, we also flagged amendments to the Victorian legislation that lifted the 5 year moratorium on conventional gas and wanted a clause that gave the landholder veto rights over their land

bentaz wrote:SO STILL NO STANCE ON THE NFA THEN?

The NFA is an aggreement between the states that they will follow the general line. We haven't seen any proposed legislation to amend the Firearms Act come before Parliament yet. We will fight it when it does come up

Jandamurra wrote:Ethan Constantinou appears to be MIA.
Someone needs to call Rambo to get him out of wherever he is.
We have been busy finalizing our branches prior to our AGM which is coming up.
Ethan C
Treasurer
Membership & Branches Manager
Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party Victoria
www.vicshootersandfishers.org.au
ethanc@sff.net.au
ethanboris
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 02 May 2017, 11:13 am

ethanboris wrote:

The NFA is an aggreement between the states that they will follow the general line. We haven't seen any proposed legislation to amend the Firearms Act come before Parliament yet. We will fight it when it does come up.

Ethan, do you think this exact relaxed attitude, at leats to me - demonstrating lack of teeth and foresight on behalf of SFFP, is what makes people here vote LDP and OneNation? Consider this, when people vote for a firearms friendly party, they are voting for that policy and that policy alone. All your other initiatives are not unique. For example, regardless whether I agree or disagree with OneNation, frankly I don't care about any other policies. Only those that let me enjoy my firearms. Your response just pushed me a little further that way.

We are not stupid. If you haven't touched on NFA by now, which you should have, because that's in your freaking party name! Then say that. Deflecting with what you thought was an elegant response is an insult. Especially from SFFP.

I would have thought that time to act is now, early, to signal position. Strike the iron while it's hot, if you will. Or what - you guys can't get an article into every major newspapers, big guy abusing the battler? Slow errosin of democracy, when police makes the laws? I'd read that headline. Seriously? You got nothing?

Strategically speaking, sending a clear signal early demonstrates that you will show aggression later. Which is not in anyone's best interest and would make all parties involved think twice about making LAFOs into scapegoat or the red herring if you will.

I'd like to understand why SFFP wasn't and isn't the loudest voice right now, protesting the NFA?

p.s.
I am just asking questions, but you're playing for votes... No more insulting deflections please.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 02 May 2017, 1:03 pm

The NFA is an aggreement between the states that they will follow the general line. We haven't seen any proposed legislation to amend the Firearms Act come before Parliament yet. We will fight it when it does come up

I think its fair to say, this has been a work in progress for, what, 2 or 3 years now.... across the country, across the police force(s)... to suggest there is no draft in EXISTENCE is just not realistic - Ethan, your guys HAVE to get the documents, BEFORE they land in Parliament for a reading.... it would THEN be well past too late, as we know, the ONLY 2 subjects those so-and-sos agree on, that is, the Reds and the Blues, is 1) THEIR OWN REMUNERATION and 2) GUN CONTROL......... it will be read/read/read....... before the commendable duo of Jeff and Daniel can say "Adler"....

We (more so the 2 reps?) have a right to know what is being 'decided' for us...drafted etc, dont we have a consultative committee and process????

What exactly is being finalised? pre-selections? budgets?
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gun-nut » 03 May 2017, 12:11 am

I agree with the others, isn't it time we played offense instead of defense for once?
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 03 May 2017, 8:58 am

Also the only party (LDP) that's actually has media training where members don't s**t the bed on national TV.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Jandamurra » 03 May 2017, 12:03 pm

ethanboris wrote:
Jandamurra wrote:I find it really disappointing that the SFFP is on the fracking bandwagon. Not that I'd ever vote for the Greens but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

We supported the ban on fracking, we also flagged amendments to the Victorian legislation that lifted the 5 year moratorium on conventional gas and wanted a clause that gave the landholder veto rights over their land

Thanks for getting back to me.
To confirm, the stance of the SFFP is unequivocally against fracking, is that correct?
Concerning the 2017 NFA, there appears to be a plan to introduce ammunition rationing. Does the SFFP have any strategies to combat this?
What about the buzz about a national gun registry? Gillard wanted to do it, but the idea quietly fizzled out. I have heard it would be unconstitutional because sn 51 of the Constitution Act doesn't give the Federal Government authority over State firearm laws. Even Howard didn't dare bring in a national firearms registry. I assume the time wasn't right and that there was enough for him to do as it was. Two decades later, with the Constitution even more of a dead letter now, maybe they regard it as opportune to try again.
I hope I have some awareness of the need to refrain from discussing plans in too much detail, but I feel it's fair to want some sort of idea from the SFFP on ammunition rationing and the proposed national firearms registry.
Lastly, about crossbows. I hate to be tedious about this, but when several states move to ban or require registration for crossbows, as they did in 2012, it couldn't possibly have been simply that one police commissioner in one state decided they were a bad idea. This would only explain a ban in one single state, and it also doesn't explain why an unelected person should have the ability to introduce such a ban.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Victorian gun laws