Another NSW PTA Question

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Another NSW PTA Question

Post by 308cool » 22 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm

Hi,
Sorry to ask another question about PTA's but was wondering about the online lookup of PTA's on the NSW police website. Do PTA's have there own number that you input or will they come under your licence details when you enter in your licence online. I tracked my parcel and it said it arrived on Monday (my licence was processed the day it arrived) however nothing has shown up yet on the police website.
Cheers for any help
Last edited by 308cool on 22 Feb 2017, 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Browing X-Bolt .25-06 / Meopta Meopro 4-12x50
308cool
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Another NSW PTA Question

Post by Wylie27 » 22 Feb 2017, 2:20 pm

The website check will show up after the money has been taken and they start processing it.

Each pta has its own number. It you have to call the far to get it... so once the money is taken it will go under your licence number.

The site is slow to update and it's not real time, I get the seeing it's a batch job run overnight..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 22 Feb 2017, 2:47 pm

The link below is to the Registry Portal which you probably already have but I've included it for others. Updates are sporadic and can occur during the day as I've had things appear in the afternoon that won't there in the morning. Once they take your money it may take a day or 3 to show up in the portal so don't worry if it's not there. Any waiting time appears to start from the day they receive the request or application which is a good thing. I always use a B5 express post envelope for all correspondence with the registry so I know when it arrives so I can start monitoring my C/C account for any NSW Police charges.
If a week passes and no charges on the C/C card or update on the portal then give them a call, do it first up in the morning the minute they open or you'll be in a queue.

Punch the license No. in here
https://apps.police.nsw.gov.au/FPR/licenceCheck/search.jsp

Fairly self explanatory output
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (86.61 KiB) Viewed 2304 times

If you're thinking you can give the dealer the PTA number to collect your firearm then think again. A dealer will only handover a firearm on presentation of the physical paper PTA as they need to fill in the temporary registration section to make the transfer legal.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by 308cool » 22 Feb 2017, 4:27 pm

brett1868 wrote:The link below is to the Registry Portal which you probably already have but I've included it for others. Updates are sporadic and can occur during the day as I've had things appear in the afternoon that won't there in the morning. Once they take your money it may take a day or 3 to show up in the portal so don't worry if it's not there. Any waiting time appears to start from the day they receive the request or application which is a good thing. I always use a B5 express post envelope for all correspondence with the registry so I know when it arrives so I can start monitoring my C/C account for any NSW Police charges.
If a week passes and no charges on the C/C card or update on the portal then give them a call, do it first up in the morning the minute they open or you'll be in a queue.

Punch the license No. in here
https://apps.police.nsw.gov.au/FPR/licenceCheck/search.jsp

Fairly self explanatory output
Capture.JPG

If you're thinking you can give the dealer the PTA number to collect your firearm then think again. A dealer will only handover a firearm on presentation of the physical paper PTA as they need to fill in the temporary registration section to make the transfer legal.

Cheers for the reply Mate! Just looked through my bank again and saw they debited the $30 a couple of hours ago. Will checkup on the police website in the coming days. Bring on the million day wait for it to be approved :D
308cool
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by 308cool » 22 Feb 2017, 4:28 pm

Wylie27 wrote:The website check will show up after the money has been taken and they start processing it.

Each pta has its own number. It you have to call the far to get it... so once the money is taken it will go under your licence number.

The site is slow to update and it's not real time, I get the seeing it's a batch job run overnight..

Its very slow ahah.
Cheers for the help
308cool
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws