Gun storage

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Gun storage

Post by Gwion » 16 Mar 2017, 3:31 pm

Facts are facts, mate.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Jandamurra » 17 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

duncan61 wrote:
20170315_172211[1].jpg
Jandamurra.Good points you make.I am packing at the moment to go south and have my.222 and 7mm rem mag on the bed.I am here so I can have them out as long or as much as I like however I cant go out and leave them lying around.I have just found out I am being picked up to do a plumbing quote and it took 3 minutes to lock them back in the safe.And yes the stolen gear up North was very mentally challenging and I left the community shortly after.I was grateful I had them secured correctly as another chap up here left his .223 in the shed and when it went missing he could do nothing but lament.We spend a lot of money on our fabulous rifles and gear so I like knowing they are stored in a safe place.At the dairy farm I worked at the bosses wife found her toddlers with great grandpas 303 pointing it at each other .He asked my advice and he put in a gun safe real quick.She was young and hated guns I could only go ducking near the farm house when I see her go out for the day.My 4 year old just walked in with a plastic hand gun for shooting zombies on a game and knew how to point it at my face and pull the trigger.No training required .go figure

I never really thought about things this way.
So when it comes down to it, as long as you give a reason, such as cleaning it, you can still have it out in your own home at the ready if you feel the need?
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 17 Mar 2017, 8:52 pm

Its yours you can have it any time.I traveled to Carnarvon with my son and we had my youngest daughter who was 19 and her friend over from England anyhoo we camped just out of town at pelican point and I know its no camping but did it anyway cos the toilet block is on the beach and the girls were happy so stuff it.In the morning headlights go all over us.Son is in back of ute the girls are sleeping in the front seats and I am swagging it with the .222 loaded bolt in next to the ute.The police man the ranger had dragged out was all messed up cos it was way early and he had probably just started or was just finishing and had to deal with us clowns .He started getting all weird about the rifle but I had it so there was nothing he could do.I had a property letter for a station further north and when he asked why do you have a rifle I showed him the letter authorising me to cull kangaroos.He called his sergeant and I overheard the sergeant say he is fine he can have his firearm with him.My son and I copped a $100 fine each and I booked it for next year.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Mar 2017, 9:33 am

Jandamurra wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
20170315_172211[1].jpg
Jandamurra.Good points you make.I am packing at the moment to go south and have my.222 and 7mm rem mag on the bed.I am here so I can have them out as long or as much as I like however I cant go out and leave them lying around.I have just found out I am being picked up to do a plumbing quote and it took 3 minutes to lock them back in the safe.And yes the stolen gear up North was very mentally challenging and I left the community shortly after.I was grateful I had them secured correctly as another chap up here left his .223 in the shed and when it went missing he could do nothing but lament.We spend a lot of money on our fabulous rifles and gear so I like knowing they are stored in a safe place.At the dairy farm I worked at the bosses wife found her toddlers with great grandpas 303 pointing it at each other .He asked my advice and he put in a gun safe real quick.She was young and hated guns I could only go ducking near the farm house when I see her go out for the day.My 4 year old just walked in with a plastic hand gun for shooting zombies on a game and knew how to point it at my face and pull the trigger.No training required .go figure

I never really thought about things this way.
So when it comes down to it, as long as you give a reason, such as cleaning it, you can still have it out in your own home at the ready if you feel the need?

Aussies have the cleanest guns. ;)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 18 Mar 2017, 10:33 am

Mine are dirty as crap. Because, it turns out, I'm not in the Airborne anymore. And I buy guns that work, not prima donnas.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm

...whooooooosh...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 18 Mar 2017, 8:09 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:...whooooooosh...

whooooooosh

(not everything revolves around you)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Mar 2017, 8:14 pm

Title_II wrote:

whooooooosh

WHAT??? you mean.... really ??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 18 Mar 2017, 8:18 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Title_II wrote:

whooooooosh

WHAT??? you mean.... really ??

OK, NM, this is getting complicated. I thought you thought I was was responding to you, mate. Bah, fughettaboutit :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Daddybang » 19 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

duncan61 wrote:Its yours you can have it any time.I traveled to Carnarvon with my son and we had my youngest daughter who was 19 and her friend over from England anyhoo we camped just out of town at pelican point and I know its no camping but did it anyway cos the toilet block is on the beach and the girls were happy so stuff it.In the morning headlights go all over us.Son is in back of ute the girls are sleeping in the front seats and I am swagging it with the .222 loaded bolt in next to the ute.The police man the ranger had dragged out was all messed up cos it was way early and he had probably just started or was just finishing and had to deal with us clowns .He started getting all weird about the rifle but I had it so there was nothing he could do.I had a property letter for a station further north and when he asked why do you have a rifle I showed him the letter authorising me to cull kangaroos.He called his sergeant and I overheard the sergeant say he is fine he can have his firearm with him.My son and I copped a $100 fine each and I booked it for next year.

So how long have you been able to go armed in public in WA?. :unknown:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 19 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm

Gwion wrote:Gamerancher, a large portion of Tasmania is actually a ghetto, but, because it is a white ghetto it goes unnoticed. Studies have shown that education is mis-trusted in Tasmania and that having a lower standard of education actually makes you a better person, according to the average Taswegian.

My eyes were opened to this a few years ago and it is exactly as you say, non-Tasmanians have no idea how bad it really is.
I was working in Bridgewater, holy f@#k!! What a f#$king special place that is.

I ended up in an attempted mugging a few hundred meters from the copshop, which was closed, and had a knife pulled on me at around 1pm, I got away unharmed.
Little bit later I was in Bellrieve police station waiting to give a statement and overheard an arson in Bridgewater on the police radio followed by a baseball bat attack. As im walking into the interview room out walked a detective with a 30ish lady "what happened to you? attempted mugging in Bridgewater? Oh yeh, she was from Bridgewater, repeatedly raped by her brother"
Bigjobss

Post by Rikta » 18 Oct 2017, 12:40 pm

Old thread I know, but if a door was put on with internal hinges, 2mm+ steel, other doors welded up. multiple locking points on door (4 maybe?) 10ft container weighs well over 150kg, put inside a shed. surely it would qualify as a vault?
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 18 Oct 2017, 1:34 pm

Rikta wrote:Old thread I know, but if a door was put on with internal hinges, 2mm+ steel, other doors welded up. multiple locking points on door (4 maybe?) 10ft container weighs well over 150kg, put inside a shed. surely it would qualify as a vault?

The only way to be sure is to ask WA Firearms.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Victorian gun laws