The antis are fishing heavily these days

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The antis are fishing heavily these days

Post by Aster » 05 Apr 2017, 7:55 pm

SomeoneElse wrote:I take the approach of:
- What goes online stays online.
- Anything you post in the forums can be read by anyone else, signed up or not.
- What you post may be taken out of context by antis to use against us as a group. I err on the side of caution and restraint.
- There may be secret/hidden sub-forums which I don't know about. I haven't received any secret handshakes from long-term members, and that's fine by me.
- Mods have "trimmed" threads when things get out of hand. Usually arguments between forum members that which head into "playing the man, not the ball" territory.

True.

True.

True. Good idea.

There is no secret hand shake area.

We have. That's usually why, yes.

:thumbsup:
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by Jandamurra » 12 Apr 2017, 5:20 pm

Aster wrote:
Jandamurra wrote:If you wouldn't mind clueing me in on something, were all topics able to be viewed by non-members/ even when not signed in at one stage, or has this been introduced since this forum was established?

I'm also looking for the thread on the Port Arthur Massacre (PAM). Has it been removed, or have I just not seen it?

All topics are able to be read by the public / non members. It was never the case that content was available to members only.

I don't know which "the" PAM thread you're referring to would be, as there have been multiple ones over time. It may have been removed if the discussion was getting out of hand.

Do a search using the function (top-left) for "port arthur" and whatever is there, is there.

Jandamurra wrote:What does "inflammatory" even mean, as a reason to close a thread to comments or viewing? Surely the only thing that should be banned is incitement to violence.

I'm not going to list potentially inappropriate subjects but clearly there are things in addition to incitements of violence that are inappropriate for a reasonable, all ages forum.

As it says under the submit button when posting/replying: "Enough Gun aims to provide a mature environment which promotes legal, responsible firearm practices. The discussion or promotion of illegal activities is prohibited and members may not post abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable content"

Let that be your guide.

If that's all that inflammatory means then that's OK.
Thanks for the clarification.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 12 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I haven't seen anything that looked like it could be of ulterior motives.

I remember a "how many guns can I stockpile" question.

I think the best answer came from a regular forum user "why don't you just ask your anti gun mates?" :lol:

I do recall that one it was a rather entertaining thread in the end.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 12 Apr 2017, 7:26 pm

"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Anon E Mouse » 05 Jul 2017, 5:24 pm

Seems a bit sarcastic. It isn't "off the reservation" to say that leftists in Australia, the UK, the USA and Canada are not particularly fond of people owning guns. Australia and the UK required a lot of law abiding people to turn in their guns about 20 years ago, and there is a number of politicians in the USA who've said they'd like to have the same happen in the USA.

on_one_wheel wrote::welcome:
Ed9362 wrote:usually the antis are trying to make us out to be paranoid redneck weirdos.
I think accusing new members of being government or media spies doesn't really help bust that myth.

Trust me ...
images (10).jpg

Ps. If anyone wants to download plans for an effective tinfoil hat that actually works, just pm me and I'll send you the plans when I'm not too busy dating my cousin.
Anon E Mouse
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation