The antis are fishing heavily these days

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The antis are fishing heavily these days

Post by Cryptic » 01 Mar 2017, 8:05 pm

Gwion wrote:Yep. My point exactly. Newbies wouldn't be able to 'prove' an interest in firearms.
It's pretty easy to tell the difference between a genuine newbie and some anti troll or complete moron. :thumbsup:

How many clips can I legally own with my glock....... :sarcasm:
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm

Aster wrote:We have a basic approval process for newly registered members to filter out obvious spammers etc. but that's about where its effectiveness ends.

Notionally, some kind of vetting process for genuine involvement in the shooting community would be great, realistically though I don't think an effective screening process of this type could be done without asking for sensitive information and frankly having myself or the moderators be privy to, or responsible for any personal or identifying information of members is something I definitely do not want.

There are also the concerns around the information being stored or passing through the site. That kind of stuff is best managed by security experts like the firearm registries... *whistles conspicuously*

:lol:
Ok ok I agree it was a siht idea :lol:

How about a secret handshake :unknown:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Title_II » 01 Mar 2017, 10:17 pm

The middle finger tickle.

Kinda like when your cousin kisses you and throws in some tongue. Yikes! :D
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 02 Mar 2017, 10:06 am

It's a Yank thing. There's also banjos.

Tough crowd.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Aster » 02 Mar 2017, 12:20 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:How about a secret handshake :unknown:

secret_handshake.gif
secret_handshake.gif (247.28 KiB) Viewed 5489 times
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by brett1868 » 02 Mar 2017, 12:39 pm

Title_II wrote:The middle finger tickle.

Seems Tasmania may have been originally colonised by "The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" and over time and lack of options grew to love their brothers and sisters just as much as their cousins. :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2017, 8:15 pm

No doubt about it. Aster and the boys are doing good job. It often calls for good judgement and a common sense approach. :thumbsup: ;) ;)
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2017, 8:17 pm

brett1868 wrote:
Title_II wrote:The middle finger tickle.

Seems Tasmania may have been originally colonised by "The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" and over time and lack of options grew to love their brothers and sisters just as much as their cousins. :lol:

It seems you often bring up that subject. I'm beginning to worry your a Catholic priest or something.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by BluEsky » 03 Mar 2017, 1:55 pm

. :o :shock: Breaking News Some Say they are on the site disguised as Onion Sellers! Does the site have a Classified section, they are most likely there! :wtf: :roll:

:huh: :shock: .
Attachments
allo04_l.jpg
allo04_l.jpg (126.47 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 03 Mar 2017, 2:28 pm

Supaduke wrote:One of my favourites was the young fella that's "been shooting pistols for years, how do I get hold of some 30 round glock mags?"

/face palm

I don't think that person was anti gun, the model of Glock he mentioned is 6mm too short with the barrel to be legally owned for recreational shooters.

I would be thinking he had illegal ownership of a pistol.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 03 Mar 2017, 2:29 pm

Or was from another nation.... don't forget we have international visitors too
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 03 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Or was from another nation.... don't forget we have international visitors too

The Glock guy was from Australia, I don't think he posted anything else after that.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 03 Mar 2017, 2:43 pm

I have a 32 round Glock mag. Never actually used it. I carried it loaded once and looked like an idiot LOL :D

But I had to buy it because Heck Yeah! :D

Now it just sits in a closet.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Baronvonrort » 03 Mar 2017, 2:48 pm

Title_II wrote:I have a 32 round Glock mag. Never actually used it. I carried it loaded once and looked like an idiot LOL :D

They hang a long way below the pistol, even if they were allowed I wouldn't waste my money on one I don't need more ornaments in the closet. :lol:
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by BluEsky » 03 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm

bentaz wrote:How many onions can i stockpile?

. :o :shock: Have we found one? :wtf: :huh: Some Say, Onions is Street speak for 9mm rounds? :roll: :?

;) :o
Attachments
daeda4263b9c9b635bc51f7e9f8af3df.jpg
daeda4263b9c9b635bc51f7e9f8af3df.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 5356 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 03 Mar 2017, 6:11 pm

Title_II wrote:I have a 32 round Glock mag. Never actually used it. I carried it loaded once and looked like an idiot LOL :D

Is the sear pin mod legal in your part of the world? That mag would be handy for that.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Jandamurra » 08 Mar 2017, 3:24 pm

Aster wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Perhaps we should save those up in a forum of their own?

It's probably not a bad thing to remind our members that these wankers are always out to get us, rather than the mods keeping us insulated from it?

It's not a matter of insulating members, it's a matter of maintaining a high standard of content across the forum.

We intend this forum to be a resource, where new or returning visitors can land on any page and find accurate, useful information.

I understand the direction you're coming from, but maintaining an archive of content (even as an example of what not to do) which is erroneous, inflammatory or solely intended to provoke an illicit response, is not the ethos of this forum.

If you wouldn't mind clueing me in on something, were all topics able to be viewed by non-members/ even when not signed in at one stage, or has this been introduced since this forum was established?

I'm also looking for the thread on the Port Arthur Massacre (PAM) . Has it been removed, or have I just not seen it?
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by duncan61 » 08 Mar 2017, 5:18 pm

Port Arthur has been discussed on this site but it was a while ago
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by BluEsky » 10 Mar 2017, 1:15 pm

;) This reliable source has said that the Anti's just can not fish properly :o :D

. ;) .
Attachments
446_mustaches-5-things-you-didnt-know_flash.jpg
446_mustaches-5-things-you-didnt-know_flash.jpg (20.66 KiB) Viewed 5159 times
14.gif
14.gif (1017.46 KiB) Viewed 5159 times
BluEsky
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Jandamurra » 15 Mar 2017, 3:46 pm

duncan61 wrote:Port Arthur has been discussed on this site but it was a while ago

I posted this last time or thought I did.
I'll have to go ov3er it. Here goes.
I know the PAM hasn't been discussed for some weeks. However, other threads that have been active less recently are still available for members to add to, so what happened to the PAM thread?
I also seem to remember that all this forum was readable to anyone with internet access at one stage.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 15 Mar 2017, 5:23 pm

Use the search function. The PAM thread is still there.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Jandamurra » 05 Apr 2017, 4:30 pm

What does "inflammatory" even mean, as a reason to close a thread to comments or viewing? Surely the only thing that should be banned is incitement to violence.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by SomeoneElse » 05 Apr 2017, 5:32 pm

I read a lot of threads on this forum (including PAM) many months prior to creating an account. I'm no moderator so take the following for what it is worth.

I take the approach of:
- What goes online stays online.
- Anything you post in the forums can be read by anyone else, signed up or not.
- What you post may be taken out of context by antis to use against us as a group. I err on the side of caution and restraint.
- There may be secret/hidden sub-forums which I don't know about. I haven't received any secret handshakes from long-term members, and that's fine by me.
- Mods have "trimmed" threads when things get out of hand. Usually arguments between forum members that which head into "playing the man, not the ball" territory.

Someone Else.
SomeoneElse
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Aster » 05 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm

Jandamurra wrote:If you wouldn't mind clueing me in on something, were all topics able to be viewed by non-members/ even when not signed in at one stage, or has this been introduced since this forum was established?

I'm also looking for the thread on the Port Arthur Massacre (PAM). Has it been removed, or have I just not seen it?

All topics are able to be read by the public / non members. It was never the case that content was available to members only.

I don't know which "the" PAM thread you're referring to would be, as there have been multiple ones over time. It may have been removed if the discussion was getting out of hand.

Do a search using the function (top-left) for "port arthur" and whatever is there, is there.

Jandamurra wrote:What does "inflammatory" even mean, as a reason to close a thread to comments or viewing? Surely the only thing that should be banned is incitement to violence.

I'm not going to list potentially inappropriate subjects but clearly there are things in addition to incitements of violence that are inappropriate for a reasonable, all ages forum.

As it says under the submit button when posting/replying: "Enough Gun aims to provide a mature environment which promotes legal, responsible firearm practices. The discussion or promotion of illegal activities is prohibited and members may not post abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable content"

Let that be your guide.
Aster

-

Post by Aster » 05 Apr 2017, 7:55 pm

SomeoneElse wrote:I take the approach of:
- What goes online stays online.
- Anything you post in the forums can be read by anyone else, signed up or not.
- What you post may be taken out of context by antis to use against us as a group. I err on the side of caution and restraint.
- There may be secret/hidden sub-forums which I don't know about. I haven't received any secret handshakes from long-term members, and that's fine by me.
- Mods have "trimmed" threads when things get out of hand. Usually arguments between forum members that which head into "playing the man, not the ball" territory.

True.

True.

True. Good idea.

There is no secret hand shake area.

We have. That's usually why, yes.

:thumbsup:
Aster

-

Post by Jandamurra » 12 Apr 2017, 5:20 pm

Aster wrote:
Jandamurra wrote:If you wouldn't mind clueing me in on something, were all topics able to be viewed by non-members/ even when not signed in at one stage, or has this been introduced since this forum was established?

I'm also looking for the thread on the Port Arthur Massacre (PAM). Has it been removed, or have I just not seen it?

All topics are able to be read by the public / non members. It was never the case that content was available to members only.

I don't know which "the" PAM thread you're referring to would be, as there have been multiple ones over time. It may have been removed if the discussion was getting out of hand.

Do a search using the function (top-left) for "port arthur" and whatever is there, is there.

Jandamurra wrote:What does "inflammatory" even mean, as a reason to close a thread to comments or viewing? Surely the only thing that should be banned is incitement to violence.

I'm not going to list potentially inappropriate subjects but clearly there are things in addition to incitements of violence that are inappropriate for a reasonable, all ages forum.

As it says under the submit button when posting/replying: "Enough Gun aims to provide a mature environment which promotes legal, responsible firearm practices. The discussion or promotion of illegal activities is prohibited and members may not post abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable content"

Let that be your guide.

If that's all that inflammatory means then that's OK.
Thanks for the clarification.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by MalleeFarmer » 12 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I haven't seen anything that looked like it could be of ulterior motives.

I remember a "how many guns can I stockpile" question.

I think the best answer came from a regular forum user "why don't you just ask your anti gun mates?" :lol:

I do recall that one it was a rather entertaining thread in the end.
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by MalleeFarmer » 12 Apr 2017, 7:26 pm

"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Anon E Mouse » 05 Jul 2017, 5:24 pm

Seems a bit sarcastic. It isn't "off the reservation" to say that leftists in Australia, the UK, the USA and Canada are not particularly fond of people owning guns. Australia and the UK required a lot of law abiding people to turn in their guns about 20 years ago, and there is a number of politicians in the USA who've said they'd like to have the same happen in the USA.

on_one_wheel wrote::welcome:
Ed9362 wrote:usually the antis are trying to make us out to be paranoid redneck weirdos.
I think accusing new members of being government or media spies doesn't really help bust that myth.

Trust me ...
images (10).jpg

Ps. If anyone wants to download plans for an effective tinfoil hat that actually works, just pm me and I'll send you the plans when I'm not too busy dating my cousin.
Anon E Mouse
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation