Qld online PTA forms changing.

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Qld online PTA forms changing.

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Jun 2017, 8:18 pm

Just wondering if any-one else has noticed that the online forms seem to keep changing ?

I've done 3 online PTAs, and each time, the whole kit and kaboodle seems to get easier each successive time.
( I am NOT complaining )

The last one I did was so simple and quick.
I don't recall having to actually type in an explanation, as it seemed there was always a drop down box simply requiring a click on the most appropriate answer.
I didn't even get the "What is your genuine need and why can't it be fullfilled by another method" type question.

Who else has noticed this ?
:unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Qld online PTA forms changing.

Post by Lokvo » 08 Jun 2017, 1:21 pm

Lodged one about a month back and I noticed it had a new 'fax to dealer' tickbox option for automatic sending of your PTA to the dealer of your choice which is sooo convenient! So it looks like they are improving/streamlining the process, maybe QWL are rifling through the suggestions/feedback and applying the ones that make sense haha.
CZ 455 Varmint .22LR w/ Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 || Henry Lever H001TMV .22LR || Howa 1500 .223REM MDT HS3 Chassis w/ Leupold VX2 6-18x40
Lokvo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 08 Jun 2017, 2:51 pm

Not only are the forms getting more streamlined the processing times seem to be getting quicker. A mate applied on Sunday before last (not he's first) got the approval email first thing the next Wednesday and had the permit arrive in the mail Monday morning so one week from app to picking up the rifle. I know the southern fellas will laugh when I say that's quick but for qld it's bloody good. :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Strikey » 08 Jun 2017, 4:31 pm

Recently applied for a Cat A PTA online and have to agree it did seem smoother and this time it actually let me pay without going back to the start of the application, there was a glitch there somewhere. Had email approval in 2-3days but nearly 2 weeks for the actual PTA to arrive in the mailbox, could partly blame AusPost for that I suppose.
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 09 Jun 2017, 8:51 pm

Just the A+B stuff or across the board?
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Jun 2017, 11:00 am

Cryptic wrote:Just the A+B stuff or across the board?

I hadn't really thought about that,, but I guess hearing the experiences of others across the board could be interesting.
:thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws