Hey want to see how a police state starts?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Hey want to see how a police state starts?

Post by Jandamurra » 24 Jun 2017, 11:50 am

Professor Chaos wrote:I think the biggest difference here is that Australians must not suffer from the same inadequacies that Americans seem to and these kinds of posts are just fear mongering based in fantasy rather than fiction.
In general terms we aren't worried that the "nasty government" is ever going to go into full militia mode, raid everyones homes, or drag people into the street, or imprison them unjustly.
In fact, "in general terms", anyone with these types of concerns would be classified very close to paranoid/delusional and bordering on having mental health issues.

Well maybe we SHOULD be worried about the "nasty government" wanting to raid people's homes for no good reason, etc.
Look what happened in Boston.
Food for thought here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDBh3K-HyBE and here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDBh3K-HyBE .
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Jandamurra » 24 Jun 2017, 12:00 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Gwion wrote:
juststarting wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Crim yells aloha snackbar -terrorist
Crim yells I hate pigs - no terrorist
Hell of a Grey area in between :unknown:

In VIC crim yells... Pew pew pew pew pew follows. Lol

Haha...

Yep. VicPol have never had much in the way of qualms when it comes to shooting to kill. It's kind'a a proud tradition. :lol: :wtf: :problem:

I have no problems if police shoot terrorist inorder to protect a citizen or them selves.

I do have issues where people are shot for less than life threatening situations. E. G just breaking in to your house. Therefore I'm not in favour of adopting laws similar to the USA.

And they are in no position to lecture is on gun laws given the very high rates of murders/shootings.

This link shows the falseness of your argument- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... icide_rate . I always put it up but then you always say the same things that need to be corrected so I have to. See also my post immediately below this.
How are you in a position to evaluate what is or isn't a life-threatening situation? Why are you prepared to force people to gamble with the safety of their families?
As far as I'm concerned. a home intruder should look on his activities the same way as someone who decides to play cricket in the middle of the Hume Highway

They need to have a good look at social welfare system in my view.

Hmmm, maybe their welfare system needs to be looked at and not their gun laws? That is the gist of what you're saying-otherwise, why bring it up?

Having said that some of our gun laws are pretty stupid.

What specifically? The FAR's?

Just expressing an opinion.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by wrenchman » 25 Jun 2017, 8:49 am

your country would not be like the us if you did relaxed your laws to the most lean state we have states with greater populations then you have in your country and a
lot of social issues are different and we tend to let stupid just happen .
like black lives matter protesting by walking in the sreets and they get shocked when some one gets run over becouse they decided to try it on a freeway on a side note it does thin out that stupid gene pool.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Anon E Mouse » 05 Jul 2017, 4:14 pm

I think most Australian gun owners and most on this forum would agree with you about the Howard government. I could see taking this tone if you were arguing with an Aussie who was against ownership. I have been in such arguments. One, in particular, was really annoying because it wasn't enough that Australian gun laws are what they are, but she said that we should do the same in the USA. I took exception to that because it really is none of her business. Australians are free to comment on our gun laws, but her self righteous attitude was a lot to take. She didn't even do her homework and was very misinformed. Yours borders on that for Australians, and doesn't do much for Australian-American relations. Even though we aren't in government and just a few out of millions people shouldn't be causing friction. Especially just for a cheap thrill, which is really what you are doing here. I mean, c'mon. No constitution in Australia. They have a constitution.

I think it was a fundamental injustice what Howard did to all those law abiding gun owners in Australia. I think it is disturbing that I saw an interview with an Australian farmer who said he was angry about his guns being confiscated at first, but then he realized that it was for the good of society and Australia. This from a man who had never harmed anyone. Still, we've too many Americans (even gun owners) that are far too willing to think that gun controllers in the USA are well meaning but misguided.

We've our own problems in the USA. One is that we are now 17th on the economic freedom index (Heritage Foundation data) while Australia is 5th. This is a result of Bush and Obama. Even the UK ranks higher on this list at 12th. They've come a long way since the 1970s. So keep from throwing stones. Those in glass houses.

I think the right to keep and bear arms is an important right, but the key to all rights comes in property rights and economic freedom. Economic freedom is more important than every other right recognized in our Bill of Rights. Without economic freedom all the rest are merely symbolic.

LurchUSA wrote:Just watch this:

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/courts-law/shoottokill-police-get-new-powers-to-combat-cowardly-evil-acts/news-story/7b5c3a48c0705b4222e82a0072c068a6

Remember little Johnny Coward's "gun buy-back" in 1996?

So now you have a largely dis-armed population, who are now being policed by law enforcement who just got new ‘shoot-to-kill’ powers against terrorists to combat ‘cowardly, evil acts’.

It's not hard to see these new powers being extended to pretty much any form of tyrannical control, by the government! Where by simple things like speaking out against politicians or protesting is conventionally classified as a "cowardly, evil act."

THIS is why we have the 2nd amendment in the USA!

Australia has NO constitution, so you all are at the mercy of the future tyrants... er, I mean... government.
Anon E Mouse
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics