Touring and taking a firearm

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Touring and taking a firearm

Post by duncan61 » 25 Jun 2017, 10:25 pm

Agreed
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 26 Jun 2017, 8:20 am

bladeracer wrote:
duncan61 wrote:There is good game to be had as well.Once you leave the coastal properties all the goats are feral and the local red roos are very good food if small there are bush turkeys and all sorts of ducks if you find water.plus wild dogs cats and foxes which all farmers wish gone

Bush turkeys?
When I was up there the blackfella's called the bustard a "bush turkey", but they're protected, or were back in the '90's.
Biggest feral problem where I was was donkey herds. The were culling them by helicopter back then.

Just to clarify. .Bush turkeys on the east coast are those little black buggers with either purple or yellow crops that dig the sh@t out of ya garden and build huge mounds for nests. The bustard is called a plains turkey and don't build mounds. They are both native and therefore protected.
:thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 26 Jun 2017, 10:51 am

Are they protected cos they are native ?I have seen thousands of them in certain places.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 26 Jun 2017, 11:11 am

All native land animals are protected that's why you need permit to cull roos etc and why you aren't meant to shoot snakes unless they are a direct threat :thumbsup:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 26 Jun 2017, 1:33 pm

Daddybang wrote:All native land animals are protected that's why you need permit to cull roos etc and why you aren't meant to shoot snakes unless they are a direct threat :thumbsup:

I think all animals are protected. Even non-natives need to be declared feral or given pest status before we can shoot them.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 26 Jun 2017, 6:09 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Daddybang wrote:All native land animals are protected that's why you need permit to cull roos etc and why you aren't meant to shoot snakes unless they are a direct threat :thumbsup:

I think all animals are protected. Even non-natives need to be declared feral or given pest status before we can shoot them.

Ya may be right there mate. I can't think of any non natives that aren't declared feral though. In qld anyway. :thumbsup:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Jun 2017, 8:48 pm

Say what you will fellas,but I travel from state to state and around the outback.
Whether the chance arises to go hunting ,or I am stuck in the pitch black way out west somewhere broken down,I will always feel safer with a rifle locked in the vehicle with me.
Member-Deleted

Return to Queensland gun laws