New Zealand Laws for Aussie visitors

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

New Zealand Laws for Aussie visitors

Post by Wombat » 06 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

It looks like I'll be going to NZ for work in the future. I'd be tempted if its possible to buy a 10/22 with a moderator and try to wear it out while I'm there, then either sell it back to the shop I bought it from or give it away. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: New Zealand Laws for Aussie visitors

Post by scotty87 » 06 Jul 2017, 8:48 pm

You have to apply for a visitor's licences, which is a pretty easy process, dont know the safe storage requirements, should be able to buy any non millitary semi auto or pump.

What sort of work are you doing over there? My goal is to head over and work on trucks fora few years after I finish my apprenticeship.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 08 Jul 2017, 1:40 pm

I'd be doing the same stuff I do here. Basically mechanical/machining/troubleshooting work on obsolete technology.
NZ gun prices look better than ours even before you do currency conversion.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by scotty87 » 08 Jul 2017, 5:48 pm

Wombat wrote:I'd be doing the same stuff I do here. Basically mechanical/machining/troubleshooting work on obsolete technology.
NZ gun prices look better than ours even before you do currency conversion.

In my experience prices are about the same as a regular Aussie LGS, ammo can be quite pricey but I'm not used to buying factory rounds as I reload. I've only spent time on the North island but the people are great, I'm hoping the country doesnt change much before I can get over there.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 08 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm

I was there in January. Prices are higher than aus, but you can buy some stuff you wont get your hands on here.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Return to Victorian gun laws