NSW 2017 Regulations

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

NSW 2017 Regulations

Post by Archie » 12 Jul 2017, 5:26 pm

So the good folk at the ADA just emailed out some links regarding the reshaping of the Firearms Regs for NSW for 2017 (which needs to be done because otherwise they'll expire). Links below are to the draft regulations and the commentary that the government provides for the consultation period.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e126ff12c ... _draft.pdf

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e126ff12c ... s_P....pdf

Two proposed changes I found very interesting

1/ Specifying transport regulations with respect to non-commercial transport of cat A and B. Summary version, if passed as is, you will either need to fit a trigger lock, or remove the bolt, or have it locked in a case inside/affixed to the vehicile

2/ Which is a big one for me - you can't store firearms at a residence if it isn't someone's primary residence, or someone isn't residing there at the time of storage. Doesn't have to be your primary residence, but it has to be someone's residence, it can't be mostly unoccupied. Meaning, no more leaving the rifle at the hobby farm if no one actually lives there.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: NSW 2017 Regulations

Post by Ratsmitglied » 14 Jul 2017, 6:34 am

For some reason i thought that number 2 was already the case...

Number one isn't surprising add other states have similar requirements, it doesn't affect me as i already do exactly that... trigger lock and locked in case inside vehicle
Ratsmitglied
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: NSW 2017 Regulations

Post by Ratsmitglied » 14 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

Not as yet, but it will be easy enough to do, luckily i do have some cargo hooks i could attach it to. That said, it appears to be a set of or statements, so as long as the car is locked it should be fine
Ratsmitglied
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws