2 states one person?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: 2 states one person?

Post by bladeracer » 18 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

brett1868 wrote:I'm with Oldbloke, technically the 2 permits are totally separate. Since you're a junior and I assume under the supervision of Dad who is on the Vic side that's basis to hold onto your Vic juniors permit. As you also reside with mum on this side of the border then that's justification for a NSW drivers license, just be sure to keep the 2 separate till the time is right to transfer you NSW Drivers license back over to Vic.

I'm not sure I agree with this Brett.
If he "resides" in NSW he doesn't need a Victorian Junior Firearms Licence to shoot in Victoria. He can shoot here with a NSW Junior licence under supervision. I don't think that is going to be a basis to maintain a Victorian licence.

I do agree that both systems are essentially blind to each other so it may simply be a matter of getting a NSW permit and hoping not to have any problems during the period until you can transfer it to a Victorian Driver's Licence. But surely if NSW Police call in the rego of a car they're interested in they will be advised that the registered owner has a Vic Firearms Licence?

Personally, if the system doesn't have something in place to work in this situation, I would prioritise the shooting and just wait to get the driver's licence. I would also guess that there must be hundreds of people in the same boat getting along just fine with conflicting licences.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws