Nsw hunting permission rule changes

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Nsw hunting permission rule changes

Post by bladeracer » 24 Jul 2017, 9:38 am

Archie wrote:If I'm honest, I never really understood why they effectively banned pump action and semi auto shotguns but still allowed private ownership of semi-automatic handguns. I get the idea that "pistols put holes in people, shotguns put holes through people" but realistically handguns size just make them better suited for criminal activity than longarms because they're concealable.

Do you believe that lawful owners of handguns put holes in people though?
Making them illegal has zero effect on illegal firearms putting holes in people.

The concealability of handguns is also what makes them fairly ineffective weapons. Anybody that fully expects to be in a bad situation does not go into it with a handgun, they take a rifle or shotgun.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Archie » 24 Jul 2017, 10:06 am

bladeracer wrote:
Archie wrote:If I'm honest, I never really understood why they effectively banned pump action and semi auto shotguns but still allowed private ownership of semi-automatic handguns. I get the idea that "pistols put holes in people, shotguns put holes through people" but realistically handguns size just make them better suited for criminal activity than longarms because they're concealable.

Do you believe that lawful owners of handguns put holes in people though?
Making them illegal has zero effect on illegal firearms putting holes in people.

No, I think that LAFOs, generally speaking, are more responsible than the average (emphasis on average) member of the public, simply because all of the checks in place to make sure that you don't get, or keep your, licence if there is any questions regarding criminal history. I don't have an issue with with the owners at all. My point was only that I don't get why you would ban the shotguns and still allow the pistols.To be really clear, I don't think that's a reason to ban cat H.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Jul 2017, 6:54 pm

I for one can't fathom why pollies want more restrictions on guns
Its the illegal ones they need to chase up because they don't register them like normal people ( why )
The way governments have handled this is nothing short of knee jerk reaction to gain ground in the political paddock nothing more

Why disarm people that are not causing any problems and yes i've heard most of the arguements from the anti gun people
And yet to hear one legitimate reason for doing so ,yet us gun owners are still classed as possible felons without reason

all gun deaths are horrible but possibly more people die from electric shock in australia each day which is also horrible so do we take away the power
( that is how silly all this seems)

Governments should look in their own back yard as well as countries to see all the problems they cause by cutting peoples rights before
imposing stupid laws on people whom only want to have a sport they are comfortable with and like
Don't get me wrong i have no problem with registering my rifles or following some regulations but lets leave it at that
Pollies have to cut all the BS and get on with running the country and not worry about could be gun problems when they are not there
And yes people who have lost loved ones through gun violence should have an opinion but was it by a law abiding person or criminal either way
its bad but the facts have to come out to be acted on properly not put all people in the portential felon basket
You will find most firearm laws are made on mear hear say and emotions rather than facts like when gun laws were first given the green light
Howard created a buzz to get people emotional an vote likewise

Driverless cars or cars with a responsible driver do not kill people likewise with guns ( fruit for thought for the anti gun team )

cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 24 Jul 2017, 7:39 pm

I want to know the reasoning behind why we are not considered worthy enough to have a choice whether we take responsibility for our own protection or choose to wait for Police to eventually arrive, and then shoot us because they just showed up and haven't worked out who the bad guys are.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Jul 2017, 8:32 pm

Well mate the reason is called ''power'' he who has the most power and weilds the biggest stick gets to decide who is worthy or not
Not good but true also these people will do most anything to gain this power and one of the ways is denouncing the capabillity of people
being capable of thinking for them selves unless your being booked for something and then they say you should have thought more about
the rules
I think australian pollies are still mentally in the convict days because the laws and mentality of then still work for them such as ,''do as we say''
''you have no rights unless we give them to you and we can take them when we see fit''

As far as being shot by police not knowing who's the baddy boils down to the hype build up and in not properly trained police for example discharging a fire
arm in a crowded room thus shooting another person besides the so called baddy

Question ; will this officer have their weapon taken from them perminantly like citizen gun owners ?
Anwser ; i think not it will come down to 'I thought he had a gun and i feared for my life''

I would like to see a pollie come along with some brains and who is in touch with reallity and also with gumption to stand up and be counted
Then maybe laws will be made on facts and not stupidity or self interest
But i'm not holding my breath because miracles rarely happen

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 25 Jul 2017, 6:58 am

grandadbushy wrote:Well mate the reason is called ''power'' he who has the most power and weilds the biggest stick gets to decide who is worthy or not
Not good but true also these people will do most anything to gain this power and one of the ways is denouncing the capabillity of people
being capable of thinking for them selves unless your being booked for something and then they say you should have thought more about
the rules
I think australian pollies are still mentally in the convict days because the laws and mentality of then still work for them such as ,''do as we say''
''you have no rights unless we give them to you and we can take them when we see fit''

As far as being shot by police not knowing who's the baddy boils down to the hype build up and in not properly trained police for example discharging a fire
arm in a crowded room thus shooting another person besides the so called baddy

Question ; will this officer have their weapon taken from them perminantly like citizen gun owners ?
Anwser ; i think not it will come down to 'I thought he had a gun and i feared for my life''

I would like to see a pollie come along with some brains and who is in touch with reallity and also with gumption to stand up and be counted
Then maybe laws will be made on facts and not stupidity or self interest
But i'm not holding my breath because miracles rarely happen

Cheers

Ya right grandad. Jesus will make another appearance before the poliscum get their act together. :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Previous

Return to New South Wales gun laws