How much ammo do you have?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: How much ammo do you have?

Post by Daddybang » 01 Aug 2017, 7:40 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I only keep one packet.
federal-xm193-604544620016-1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Aug 2017, 8:54 pm

On_one_wheel

HO----LEE no wonder there is a shortage of ammo, ''you've got it''!!!

How long does that last you ,''A fortnight or so''? LOL

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by Jandamurra » 05 Aug 2017, 11:37 am

juststarting wrote:I don't see how this could ever be enforced unless stores keep track of it and send it somewhere for "big data" processing as they said in the article. This is a mammoth task, without proper systems... And when or more likely 'if' you get an inspection, well, you know, you may actually let your friend borrow those 4kg cans of powder or a box of ammo, because they asked you for it... I just don't see how this could be enforced. And then you have ambiguity on - what's reasonable? And is it per rifle or in general. Per rifle, well most share primers and powders, so looking at it with equal distribution is a bit weird too, assuming those who stockpile actually do it coincidentally due to lots of guns. This is just weird.

...and then there's always an ammo collectors licence. ROFL

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll get a whole lot of say in how much ammo is reasonable for you.
For technical and political reasons it might be unenforceable for now.
Problem is, the new regs, even if unenforceable for the time being, push the goal posts further along the route of greater control. They make it easier to propose more meaningful ammo restrictions or an ammo registry, which is something that has been proposed in NSW at least.
Restrictions on ammo sales today could make it easier for the police to tell LAFO's to submit to house searches tomorrow, for example.
Why not? What are you gonna do? Either agree to it or stop shooting. That's what the FAR's are for-control of you.
You've already agreed to allow cops into your home- they're part way to being in a situation in which they're going through all your belongings.
BTW, ammo limits were part of the original plan for the new gun laws back in 1996. I can't remember off hand precisely, but I have posted a link in another thread of parliamentary discussions on this.
Jandamurra
Private
Private

South Australia

Previous

Return to Victorian gun laws