Too stupid for words...

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Too stupid for words...

Post by Archie » 31 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm

...I hope they throw the book at him, then write another book and throw that as well. Although i would note it's definitely not a LAFO....

Sydney man pointed pistol at daughter, 4, and pulled trigger, police say

A Sydney man has been charged after he allegedly pointed a gun at his four-year-old daughter and pulled the trigger before allowing the girl to play with the pistol.

The 32-year-old from Revesby, in Sydney's south-west, was arrested by Strike Force Bowser, a terrorism investigation relating to illegal firearms.

Police allegedly seized two Colt 1911 .45-calibre automatic pistols, a .25-calibre Walther TP-model pistol and a Bentley-brand 12-gauge shotgun during raids on properties at Revesby and Granville.

They also seized a mobile phone on which they allegedly found footage showing the man "sky-larking with one of the Colt .45 handguns, pointing it at his four-year-old daughter and pulling the trigger".

"The weapon did not discharge," police said.

Other phone footage allegedly showed the girl playing with an automatic pistol and pulling the trigger without effect.

Further phone images allegedly showed the man pointing a shotgun at the camera.

The man was charged with six offences: four counts of illegal firearm possession, allowing an unauthorised person to possess a firearm and production of child abuse material (firearm) pursuant to Section 91H of the NSW Crimes Act.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Murdoch condemned the father's alleged behaviour.

"Allowing a child to play with a firearm of any kind is reprehensible and is a serious criminal offence," he said.

The investigation is not terror-related, police said.

The man was refused bail and, due to the serious nature of the charges, will appear in Burwood Local Court on Tuesday.

The man will then appear before the same court on August 16 on the same charges.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-man-po ... xm7hc.html
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Too stupid for words...

Post by WatchyShooter » 31 Jul 2017, 4:08 pm

What an idiot, I’ll commend the police and media for doing a good job targeting illegal firearms and presenting it straightforward
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by YoungBuck » 31 Jul 2017, 4:17 pm

I knew what this thread was about before even opening it, read the article early this morning. What an absolute clown. This is also a perfect example of where applying tighter firearm laws onto LAFOs would have no effect on clowns like this.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 31 Jul 2017, 4:36 pm

Archie wrote:...I hope they throw the book at him, then write another book and throw that as well. Although i would note it's definitely not a LAFO....

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-man-po ... xm7hc.html

Yeah it's good to see the story made it clear it was an investigation of illegal firearms. They will undoubtedly come down hard on him as there is a child involved( and so they should) unfortunately we don't have harsh enough penalties in this country to give this dog he's just deserts :x
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 31 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

Let's not overreact here, ay. I am sure there's a logical explanation for this. For instance, he may have been filming to keep memories of his possessions, as he was literally at the door, on the way out, to his LGS to surrender the guns under the amnesty. Bwahahahahha
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 31 Jul 2017, 7:19 pm

juststarting wrote:Let's not overreact here, ay. I am sure there's a logical explanation for this. For instance, he may have been filming to keep memories of his possessions, as he was literally at the door, on the way out, to his LGS to surrender the guns under the amnesty. Bwahahahahha

:lol:
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Thom318 » 31 Jul 2017, 8:39 pm

Some people shouldn't be allowed a gun

Some people shouldn't be allowed children

This example shouldn't be allowed either
Thom318
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 31 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm

Are they real? looked fake to me but no expert on handguns.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Jul 2017, 8:51 pm

Moron, absolute moron i've shot wild dogs with probably more inteligence than that b---tard
Good fodder for increasing illegal firearms penalties

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by doc » 01 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

YoungBuck wrote:What an absolute clown. This is also a perfect example of where applying tighter firearm laws onto LAFOs would have no effect on clowns like this.

Yes, precisely. The greens, AMF, anti gun grabbers, etc never seem to have something sensible to say about this sort of stuff - they just seem to be wanting to focus on LAFO's. (Unless of course they twist and spin it around to being our fault :roll: )
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by AlanK » 28 Aug 2017, 4:48 pm

The man was charged with six offences: four counts of illegal firearm possession, allowing an unauthorised person to possess a firearm and production of child abuse material (firearm)

Doesn't sound like they're screwing about, adding anything with "child abuse" in the charge has got to be knocking it up a notch.
AlanK
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 Aug 2017, 6:30 pm

The big question is will he get what he deserves or will he plead he's not of sound mind and all will fade away
Member-Deleted

Post by marksman » 28 Aug 2017, 7:36 pm

"Too stupid for words"
for sure
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by doc » 29 Aug 2017, 11:23 am

And now I read that a 3 year old has been shot after finding a loaded weapon. A man has been taken into custody with firearms and AVO breach charges laid against him?!!!!?

No mention on what the firearm was, but I'm assuming if he had an AVO against him, then he wouldn't be licensed, and thus that the firearm would be illegal.

Such a sad tragedy.

Edited to correct spelling mistake : Wouldn't be licensed.
Last edited by doc on 29 Aug 2017, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Daddybang » 29 Aug 2017, 11:47 am

doc wrote:And now I read that a 3 year old has been shot after finding a loaded weapon. A man has been taken into custody with firearms and AVO breach charges laid against him?!!!!?

No mention on what the firearm was, but I'm assuming if he had an AVO against him, then he would be licensed, and thus that the firearm would be illegal.

Such a sad tragedy.

Firearm was apparently a sawn off shottie . I know some won't agree with me and that's OK but this piece of sh@t should not be allowed to continue breathing. :thumbsdown:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 12:12 pm

Illegal firearm in the possession of a criminal!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by doc » 29 Aug 2017, 3:25 pm

Daddybang wrote:Firearm was apparently a sawn off shottie . I know some won't agree with me and that's OK but this piece of sh@t should not be allowed to continue breathing. :thumbsdown:

I'm not disagreeing with you (at least with this one). And yet we have more concern, focus and energy spent on authorities being worried about what a firearm LOOKS like in a LAFO's hands like that will save lives. :thumbsdown:

I'm probably a bit too emotional atm to write more about this so I think I'll just stop here.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 29 Aug 2017, 5:01 pm

No Doc let it go these fools need to know what people think
The reason i say that is i was listening to the abc news at lunch time and they had this dimwit professor from somewhere down south
saying gun control is not working because the majority of people want australia gun free ''Please explain''!
He went on to say the wheels are in motion to tighten the australian gun laws ''DAH''

He also commented on the little girl being shot saying if guns hadn't been legally brought in by gun dealers this would have had a profound influence
on her not being shot
Nothing about the shotgun used could have been brought in 30yrs to 40yrs ago
Nor the fact that the dickweed that was charged was unlicenced,illegal firearm,AVO court order and the list may go on
Talk about selective media
Maybe mister professor if he had abided by his AVO he would not have been there in the first F#@$king place the gun didn't walk there by itself
Now this turd is a classic example why we have these unthought out and stupid laws if we don't confront these people through the media we will end up loosing all rights to own a rifle in the future
These idiots want to make it public then the SSAA should shout back through the media also and show how they're full of BS
''YA can't half see that i'm passionate about my rights when i've been a law abiding person all my life 63yrs of it '' lol
The only reason we have not lost them is that there would be a huge backlash for the government and they would loose votes so they use it as a
political tool to get the gun lobyists on board

NUFF SAID
Member-Deleted

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 5:11 pm

No amount of Gun Control measures are going to stop f#ckt*rds like this accessing illegal firearms. A sawn off shotgun could be 100 years old. Hell, if you stop legal imports now, there will always be the criminal element who will just make them. A short barreled shotgun would be very easy to make out of random bits and pieces.

Also, the claim that "the majority" of Australians want this country gun free is a bald faced fabrication.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Archie » 29 Aug 2017, 5:12 pm

So the greens argued that this was proof that the recent change to penalties for breach of storage requirements (i.e, the police can now issue a ticket if it is rectified, rather than a mandatory court appearance) was a mistake.To his credit, the police minister pointed out that a change to storage rule penalties would have had no impact on how someone stored what was unregistered and prohibited weapon.

Its a tragedy, and it just underscores the importance of keeping guns in a safe. Even more so with kids in the house. It's probably overkill but I store mine with trigger locks as well, just in case. Leaving unsecured firearms, especially with ammunition as well, around the house with a three year old in the place is no better than drink-driving with your kids in the back seat. This man was a fool and the worst of it is that it could have been so easily prevented.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wombat » 29 Aug 2017, 6:28 pm

Gwion wrote:Illegal firearm in the possession of a criminal!

It always annoys me when some colourfull Identity is described by Police as known to carry firearms. If they know why the hell haven't they removed the firearm and charged the bastard?
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 6:45 pm

Wombat wrote:
Gwion wrote:Illegal firearm in the possession of a criminal!

It always annoys me when some colourfull Identity is described by Police as known to carry firearms. If they know why the hell haven't they removed the firearm and charged the bastard?

Exactly!
Like when Mick Gatto got a small fine for carrying a pistol..... They said it was understandable because real people wanted to do him real harm.
Yeah, dah.... He is a violent criminal ... If you or I did that we would be cactus!!!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by marksman » 29 Aug 2017, 6:45 pm

Gwion wrote:No amount of Gun Control measures are going to stop f#ckt*rds like this accessing illegal firearms. A sawn off shotgun could be 100 years old. Hell, if you stop legal imports now, there will always be the criminal element who will just make them. A short barreled shotgun would be very easy to make out of random bits and pieces.

Also, the claim that "the majority" of Australians want this country gun free is a bald faced fabrication.

just like this http://www.thegoodsurvivalist.com/how-t ... -pipe-gun/

if the crims want a firearm they don't have to steal them but in saying that apparently the favourite to steal is a break open shot gun
because they can cut them down :allegedly:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 29 Aug 2017, 8:32 pm

Here is a good one a mate of mine who was a copper for many years could wear a gun at work but was unable to get a private licence for a hand gun
B
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 30 Aug 2017, 7:16 am

And now an eleven year old girl has been shot in the face in tassie :thumbsdown:
Sorry I have no idea how to copy the link but ya can find it on the abc news site.
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 30 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-3 ... fmredir=sm

Tassie girl shot.
Not many details as yet. Just happened last night. Deloraine is about a half hour from me!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by YoungBuck » 30 Aug 2017, 8:48 am

Gwion wrote:http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-30/tasmanian-girl-critical-after-being-shot-in-the-face/8854830?pfmredir=sm

Tassie girl shot.
Not many details as yet. Just happened last night. Deloraine is about a half hour from me!

Two of these incidents in such a close time-frame, this isn't going to look good for LAFOs. Let's hope the media stick to the facts without the BS.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 30 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

Could be a false flag to help push some new laws in.... or maybe i'm just paranoid
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 30 Aug 2017, 9:17 am

dpskipper wrote:Could be a false flag to help push some new laws in.... or maybe i'm just paranoid

Nobody is going to shoot a child to push through gun control. Particularly not a 25yo from Deloraine!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 30 Aug 2017, 11:43 am

Gwion wrote:
dpskipper wrote:Could be a false flag to help push some new laws in.... or maybe i'm just paranoid

Nobody is going to shoot a child to push through gun control. Particularly not a 25yo from Deloraine!

Wait for it. .Jandamurra will be along with a theory any time now. :silent: :D :thumbsup:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Next

Return to New South Wales gun laws