Too stupid for words...

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Too stupid for words...

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 5:11 pm

No amount of Gun Control measures are going to stop f#ckt*rds like this accessing illegal firearms. A sawn off shotgun could be 100 years old. Hell, if you stop legal imports now, there will always be the criminal element who will just make them. A short barreled shotgun would be very easy to make out of random bits and pieces.

Also, the claim that "the majority" of Australians want this country gun free is a bald faced fabrication.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Archie » 29 Aug 2017, 5:12 pm

So the greens argued that this was proof that the recent change to penalties for breach of storage requirements (i.e, the police can now issue a ticket if it is rectified, rather than a mandatory court appearance) was a mistake.To his credit, the police minister pointed out that a change to storage rule penalties would have had no impact on how someone stored what was unregistered and prohibited weapon.

Its a tragedy, and it just underscores the importance of keeping guns in a safe. Even more so with kids in the house. It's probably overkill but I store mine with trigger locks as well, just in case. Leaving unsecured firearms, especially with ammunition as well, around the house with a three year old in the place is no better than drink-driving with your kids in the back seat. This man was a fool and the worst of it is that it could have been so easily prevented.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wombat » 29 Aug 2017, 6:28 pm

Gwion wrote:Illegal firearm in the possession of a criminal!

It always annoys me when some colourfull Identity is described by Police as known to carry firearms. If they know why the hell haven't they removed the firearm and charged the bastard?
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 29 Aug 2017, 6:45 pm

Wombat wrote:
Gwion wrote:Illegal firearm in the possession of a criminal!

It always annoys me when some colourfull Identity is described by Police as known to carry firearms. If they know why the hell haven't they removed the firearm and charged the bastard?

Exactly!
Like when Mick Gatto got a small fine for carrying a pistol..... They said it was understandable because real people wanted to do him real harm.
Yeah, dah.... He is a violent criminal ... If you or I did that we would be cactus!!!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by marksman » 29 Aug 2017, 6:45 pm

Gwion wrote:No amount of Gun Control measures are going to stop f#ckt*rds like this accessing illegal firearms. A sawn off shotgun could be 100 years old. Hell, if you stop legal imports now, there will always be the criminal element who will just make them. A short barreled shotgun would be very easy to make out of random bits and pieces.

Also, the claim that "the majority" of Australians want this country gun free is a bald faced fabrication.

just like this http://www.thegoodsurvivalist.com/how-t ... -pipe-gun/

if the crims want a firearm they don't have to steal them but in saying that apparently the favourite to steal is a break open shot gun
because they can cut them down :allegedly:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 29 Aug 2017, 8:32 pm

Here is a good one a mate of mine who was a copper for many years could wear a gun at work but was unable to get a private licence for a hand gun
B
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 30 Aug 2017, 7:16 am

And now an eleven year old girl has been shot in the face in tassie :thumbsdown:
Sorry I have no idea how to copy the link but ya can find it on the abc news site.
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 30 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-3 ... fmredir=sm

Tassie girl shot.
Not many details as yet. Just happened last night. Deloraine is about a half hour from me!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by YoungBuck » 30 Aug 2017, 8:48 am

Gwion wrote:http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-30/tasmanian-girl-critical-after-being-shot-in-the-face/8854830?pfmredir=sm

Tassie girl shot.
Not many details as yet. Just happened last night. Deloraine is about a half hour from me!

Two of these incidents in such a close time-frame, this isn't going to look good for LAFOs. Let's hope the media stick to the facts without the BS.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 30 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

Could be a false flag to help push some new laws in.... or maybe i'm just paranoid
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 30 Aug 2017, 9:17 am

dpskipper wrote:Could be a false flag to help push some new laws in.... or maybe i'm just paranoid

Nobody is going to shoot a child to push through gun control. Particularly not a 25yo from Deloraine!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 30 Aug 2017, 11:43 am

Gwion wrote:
dpskipper wrote:Could be a false flag to help push some new laws in.... or maybe i'm just paranoid

Nobody is going to shoot a child to push through gun control. Particularly not a 25yo from Deloraine!

Wait for it. .Jandamurra will be along with a theory any time now. :silent: :D :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by YoungBuck » 30 Aug 2017, 12:41 pm

Story has been updated, looks like this fool shot at a moving car after some argument/altercation which had two kids in the back seat and he hit one of them.
Take his license and all his guns, then lock him up. This prick doesn't have the right to even be near a firearm again in his life. IF he even is licensed...
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Aug 2017, 8:41 pm

He would not have had a licence because law abiding licenced people don't do things like that or carry sawn off rifles
Its about time people understood that
As for his punishment a packet of razor blades and bag of salt is all that is needed ( corned beef )
Member-Deleted

Post by colinbentley » 31 Aug 2017, 1:36 pm

Let us hope that this fool is never again licensed to own a firearm.This is the kind of behaviour the anti gun lobby thrives on,.It gives us all a bad reputation.
colinbentley
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 31 Aug 2017, 3:00 pm

No guarantee he was licenced in the first place. Waiting on more info.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Next

Return to New South Wales gun laws