Gun licence renewal-how long should the wait be?

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Gun licence renewal-how long should the wait be?

Post by Gun-nut » 21 Aug 2017, 5:45 pm

I sent in the form for my gun licence renewal 2 weeks ago from Sunday and I haven't yet received my payment slip in the mail. I was just wondering how long it should take for weapons licencing to get back to me or whether I should give them a call to see if they received my renewal, just in case. Any advice would be much appreciated as this is my first time renewing my licence. Thanks in advance. :)
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Gun licence renewal-how long should the wait be?

Post by Wombat » 21 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

Last time I renewed (In Vic) they sent me the form to be paid at the bank pretty quickly. I'd ring Licensing and ask them whats going on. If you work in the City they do have an office you can visit and are quite helpful.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

Gun-nut wrote:I sent in the form for my gun licence renewal 2 weeks ago from Sunday and I haven't yet received my payment slip in the mail. I was just wondering how long it should take for weapons licencing to get back to me or whether I should give them a call to see if they received my renewal, just in case. Any advice would be much appreciated as this is my first time renewing my licence. Thanks in advance. :)

Just completed my renewal and was about two for the first stage. In total about four weeks or a bit less. I called them to check they had received it OK. Once I got through the first five minutes of recordings the bloke was pretty good. Give them a call and just ask.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 22 Aug 2017, 5:27 pm

Yeah I'll probably ring em up and see what's going on, cheers for the replies fellas.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Victorian gun laws